Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a ways off, but do you let Tuck and Osi leave, and draft a DE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a ways off, but do you let Tuck and Osi leave, and draft a DE?

Granted, I love my team as it is now, but we have t face the music at one point.

Tuck is awesome but he also benefited from having a future HOFer in Michael Strahan and a young Osi Umenyiora in his prime play along side him. I think Tuck is great, but let's face it, he is mercurial. He even said he tthough about retiring, and that last seaon wasn't fun at certain points. Tuck needs a lot of motivation, and he is very inconsistent.

Osi is a sack cause fumble master, but as we all know, he can't play the run. He would probably be better suited as a stand up OLB in a 3-4 than a 4-3 to be honest. That is probably how he'll end his career if he doesn't remain blue.

With that being said, Osi and Justin will want to be paid after this year. Osi wil be 31. Tuck will be 30 next year. Tuck might be better all around, but Osi might be more productive than Tuck in their later years. Reese has no qualms about making the hard decisions-letting Petigout, Gibril WIlson, Mario Manningham, BRandon Jacobs, etc go

While we might retain one of them, we also have to sign Cruz, Nicks, and JPP soon. We also have Justin Trattou, Adrian Tracy, and Adewale Ojomo in the wings.

In order to keep JPP, Cruz, and Nicks, I think we might have to let our awesome G-men Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora go. I think Tracy or Ojomo can take over OSi's role. I think Kiawinuka can take over Tuck's spot, and he is signed for 3 more years. Then we'll have the bank to retain Mr Cruz, and Mr. Nicks, which is imperative methinks. Then if he is the best player available, we draft the best defensive end on the board. There are some good ones, and there will be even a good one left to pick at pick 32.

Thoughts?

Ojomo, Tracy, and Trattou are not starters. Well lose Osi and have to restructure or release Tuck for cap room to sign Cruz. Drafting a DE would be a wise decision. We also have Kiwi who is an excellent end to replace either guy as well.

Comment

William Gholston or Devin Taylor. that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
        Ojomo, Tracy, and Trattou are not starters. Well lose Osi and have to restructure or release Tuck for cap room to sign Cruz. Drafting a DE would be a wise decision. We also have Kiwi who is an excellent end to replace either guy as well.
        I for one, believe in Ojomo. And I'd love to see what he can do in the regular season sometime.

People said the same thing about Cruz a few years ago. "He's just a pre-season wonder, nothing more". Ojomo looked brilliant in the pre-season, and while he still has a lot to show, I have a good feeling about this guy.

Comment

awesome sig overdrivve

Comment

I would think that they will be seriously looking for JPP's bookend!

Comment

Osi yes, I believe he is gone, Tuck it depends on the money he wants when the contract is up, if its anywhere close to too much I let him walk.

Comment

The difference between the two is that this is Osi's last year of his deal. He will not be resigned next year.

Tuck is signed through next season so I expect the Giants to force him to play out the rest of his deal. He won't be a FA until 2014.

Comment

There is not much doubt in my mind that Osi will leave the Giants after this year. Tuck, I think he may consider retiring again like he did last year. Both gave us great years and will be missed... but it is probably time to consider their replacements, even if we manage to keep one after this year. Ojomo might be one of those replacements.

I think Kiwi gives us the luxury of having a veteran who is not a significant drop off, and possibly an improvement over what Tuck and Osi have done this year. Having him will allow the Giants to draft a DE prospect and develop him rather than having to go after a high priced FA.
                  My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Manti Te'o I know it will never happen but a guy can dream.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDeep80 View Post
                      William Gholston or Devin Taylor. that is all.
                      Both those guys project as 5 Techs in the NFL. Damontre Moore, Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, Cornelius Carradine are guys I could see. Ansah especially looks very promising.

Yes the Giants will draft a DE. Tuck I think may retire at the end of his contract unless he starts taking HGH now. His body is breaking down.

Comment

I don't think Tuck is playing nearly as bad as some are making is sound. I could see them parting ways with Osi and Webster. It's just business. Both make a lot of money and they need to pay some younger players.

Comment

Osi and Webster (so long as we get another corner for depth), and maybe even KP will be on the FA block. Tuck still has gas in the tank and hopefully will play better with his buddy Canty next to him.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I like KP a lot but I could see him gone as well unless he doesn't ask for to much. He has a history of knee injuries and I think Hill is going to be a very good player.

Comment

they will do what ever is necessary to stay under the cap.
                              other than eli , the cap reigns supreme.
                              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Working...
                              X