Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ross Tucker, Sirius Opening Drive on Victor Cruz.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross Tucker, Sirius Opening Drive on Victor Cruz.....

Says Cruz should sit until he gets a new contract. Your thoughts?

My thought is I'd like to punch him in his face!!!
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

I think Victor haa taken the right approach and will be rewarded . Not a big fan of players holding out
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-24-2012, 08:56 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

How does anyone refuse to honor their contract. and think that's going to be helpful?
      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Tim Brown, former Pro Bowl WR for the Raiders, completely disagrees with him and goes on to say holding out could hurt getting him the money he deserves on the market and that all of his endorsement deals would be in jeapordy. O
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          Says Cruz should sit until he gets a new contract. Your thoughts?

My thought is I'd like to punch him in his face!!!
          I think Ross Tucker is an amateur radio hack trying desperately to get people to call in.

I liked it better when he was sincere and dopey. Now he's just dopey.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
            Tim Brown, former Pro Bowl WR for the Raiders, completely disagrees with him and goes on to say holding out could hurt getting him the money he deserves on the market and that all of his endorsement deals would be in jeapordy. O
            He's right if only from the standpoint of potentially losing out on the NY Tri-State market.

The endorsements he currently gets and will get in this market will far outweigh the few more dollars he might be able to squeeze out of a contract with another team. If his agent is smart, he's telling VC that.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

If I were Cruz playing football? I'd milk the situation for what it's worth. Fact is, his career could end the next game. I'm loving the fact that he's a trooper, but playing honorable WR gets him nowhere in life.
              http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
              http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
              http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

he is a hack he always doubts the giants whenever i call in to talk to him...hes a fake brian baldinger even sounds like him a lil

Comment

ur talkin about a guy in ross tucker that thinks the bears are best team in nfl.lmao

Comment

[QUOTE=RoanokeFan;548817]Hiw does anyone refuse to honor their contract. and think that's going to be helpful?[/QUOTELots of guys do. however Cruz has gone on record and has said he will never do that. he said he will honor the terms of his current deal. However he would also like to be locked up to a long term deal prior to it running out and i think he has earned that. The Giants FO would be foolish to let this go to the end and risk him testing the FA Market. He will be snapped up in a second if it comes to that. Also it benefits the Gmen to make him an offer which he will most likely accept if decent rather then getting into a bidding war with other teams and have to overpay to keep him which will not allow us to sign other FAs.
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I bet if Cruz wasnt making endorsment money, of which I dont now how much, but probably pretty damn good with the book deal too he may be sitting just for the injury factor. But he is making big bucks outside of football right now and if he was smart it is probably garaunteed.
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                        If I were Cruz playing football? I'd milk the situation for what it's worth. Fact is, his career could end the next game. I'm loving the fact that he's a trooper, but playing honorable WR gets him nowhere in life.
                        Really? You think he should refuse to play?
                        Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-24-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          How does anyone refuse to honor their contract. and think that's going to be helpful?
                          Your comment makes me laugh because it reminds me of the movie Mr. Deeds when he first came to NY and the Star QB walks in and asks for more money. He says he has broken all kinds of records and feels he is worth more dollars. Adam Sandler askes him if he played crappy and didnt live up to the contract would it be okay if we paid you less? The QB goes NO WAY MAN. Deeds says okay then... SHUTUP. the QB then gets nasty and Deeds punches him and knocks him on his butt. he says you went down like a sack of potatos pal.. THen he fires him and tells him he can go and sign with whoever he wants. ...

It may not be exactly how the scene went but it was funny and makes me think of all these guys who do pretty much the same thing in the NFL today
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            I bet if Cruz wasnt making endorsment money, of which I dont now how much, but probably pretty damn good with the book deal too he may be sitting just for the injury factor. But he is making big bucks outside of football right now and if he was smart it is probably garaunteed.
                            Cruz is becoming second, in terms of importance to the team, to Eli. I don't see Reese jerking him around

Comment

I goes both ways though. If a player gets injured the team says goodbye. I don't blame here guys for wanting to get paid.

Comment

Working...
                              X