Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli Manning says receivers early in his career created bad habits he's since overcome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli Manning says receivers early in his career created bad habits he's since overcome

TR2 ‏@TomRock_Newsday
    "I think early on we probably had receivers who in practice youíd try to force them to get them balls so they donít get down or you keep them happy and I think you create bad habits doing that," Manning said of sticking to his principles of progressions these days. "As I got older and we got younger, we got new guys in, it evolved to doing it the correct way, going through the reads, saying you have to earn the right to get open and itís all based on the coverage and on the reads and I have to make sure Iím doing the right things and not getting into bad habits."

in other words HE is now the leader so everybody else STFU and I will throw to the open man. You dont like it then go some where else.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Wonder who he is talking about?

WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I odnt think Plax but def Shockey. I can see Toomer speaking up for himself too. Dont forget Tiki was prob like...'Eli...I am in the flat open all the time"...
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I'M OPEN!!! ELI THROW ME THE DAMN BALL!!!

Comment

Shockey - Plax - cant see how tiki would contribute to the bad habits. Don't see Toomer in that role either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
              Shockey - Plax - cant see how tiki would contribute to the bad habits. Don't see Toomer in that role either.
              I agree....there was alot of talk on these boards about this very subject back in his early days........how come we/fans could see it but the team couldn't?
              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                in other words HE is now the leader so everybody else STFU and I will throw to the open man. You dont like it then go some where else.

^^ this
                sigpic

Comment

Nothin wrong with hittin the ole bong

Comment

Eli just wasn't as much of a leader amongst people like Shockey, Burress, Tiki, or Toomer....now all his receivers are young guys and he's a veteran, he can school these kids now. And he does it really well.

Comment

He was surrounded by some older, me-first players....so it's pretty understandable.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Yeah, one person, Jeremy Shockey is his name. Eli used to force the ball to him because he would cry that he didn't get enough possessions...

Comment

When a rook QB comes into town vets are gonna test him for sure. SORRY, but EVERY player wants the ball from tooms to shockey to plax to tiki. Some are more boisterous then others (shockey) but dont think for a sec that they werent all asking for it. Tiki definitely demanded the ball as did plax. its the qb's job to take over and go through his progressions to find the open guy. But a youngter isn't always ready to NOT give into those demands - it takes time - no need to blame anyone. Eli learned and it made him into a great leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                            im not so rue about toomer. i used to think he was a stand up guy, but since he's retired he has come off as kind of an *******. not just what he said about romo/eli this offseason, but stuff like wanting to hurt trey junkin and stuff. seems like a bit of a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                              TR2 ‏@TomRock_Newsday
                              "I think early on we probably had receivers who in practice youíd try to force them to get them balls so they donít get down or you keep them happy and I think you create bad habits doing that," Manning said of sticking to his principles of progressions these days. "As I got older and we got younger, we got new guys in, it evolved to doing it the correct way, going through the reads, saying you have to earn the right to get open and itís all based on the coverage and on the reads and I have to make sure Iím doing the right things and not getting into bad habits."
                              If I recall he said this beginning of last year with all the new faces. Something to the extent of I will throw where the guy is open, and not force it as to throw pics, you have to earn the ball. It was something to that extent after his 25 int year. It was great to hear, and nice too see it is still sticking, and that is correct of him to say.
                              Peace,
                              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Working...
                              X