Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Hakeem Nicks Has A "Great" Practice, Says He's A Lot Healthier

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks' numbers in the Giants' Week 1 matchup against the Cowboys suggest rookie Morris Claiborne made a significant impact in shutting the wide receiver down in his first career game.

Nicks doesn't see it that way. He said he was limited to four receptions for 38 yards because he was still transitioning to game speed two weeks after returning from a 12-week layoff due to foot surgery with just a one preseason game under his belt.

Soreness in his right foot limited his burst in and out of breaks as he was testing his boundaries.

"It was the first game and I was coming from foot surgery and I was trying to play it out and see how my foot was," Nicks said. "I don’t think it was nothing that he did or nothing that they did." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

great to hear...

SOME fans of the Cowboys think they just have to jam Cruz and he will be ineffective and or double up he and Nicks and single up on everybody else and they will be fine....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I think Hixon and Bennett will benefit the most from Nicks and Cruz being at 100%.

...Which doesn't at all mean that Nicks and Cruz won't torch that D anyways

Comment

we got hixon and bennet. Nicks will for sure be even better this week, he looked pretty solid against wash, except for 2 dropped passes... moving well though. I say our passing game stays dominant in this game, but our run game might suffer a bit.

Comment

Nicks, great practice, healthier, all in the same sentence?!?!....It must be Christmas morning

Comment

Nicks and Cruz are at their best when they are both on the field. As others have pointed out, that's when it's great to have Hixon and Bennett in the mix,
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks' numbers in the Giants' Week 1 matchup against the Cowboys suggest rookie Morris Claiborne made a significant impact in shutting the wide receiver down in his first career game.

Nicks doesn't see it that way. He said he was limited to four receptions for 38 yards because he was still transitioning to game speed two weeks after returning from a 12-week layoff due to foot surgery with just a one preseason game under his belt.

Soreness in his right foot limited his burst in and out of breaks as he was testing his boundaries.

"It was the first game and I was coming from foot surgery and I was trying to play it out and see how my foot was," Nicks said. "I don’t think it was nothing that he did or nothing that they did." Read more...
              So, we are talking about Practice, right? Not a real game but practice! Nicks said. "I don’t think it was nothing that he did or nothing that they did." Hmmmm, Where did I hear this? Oh, yeah, every time we beat someone is the same story. Now Nicks is joining that kind of crowd. Didn't Coughlin say "shut up and play"? well Nicks, Talk is Cheap! show us during the actual game how good you feel and try not to get hurt again because we need you.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                So, we are talking about Practice, right? Not a real game but practice! Nicks said. "I don’t think it was nothing that he did or nothing that they did." Hmmmm, Where did I hear this? Oh, yeah, every time we beat someone is the same story. Now Nicks is joining that kind of crowd. Didn't Coughlin say "shut up and play"? well Nicks, Talk is Cheap! show us during the actual game how good you feel and try not to get hurt again because we need you.
                He said that because he was injured, not because he got outplayed. Nicks is a top 5 receiver in this league.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Nicks will be just fine. This is going to be a battle Sunday, but if we play the way we have been of late, the Cowboys will still be winless to us in their new stadium. YES

Comment

in this short attention span world, i think many have forgotten what Nicks is capable of

be nice to have a grand re-introduction to one of the true stud WRs in the sport
                    Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                      So you thought he looked healthy that 1st game? I sure didn't. If he is healthy now like he looked in the 2nd game he will be much better. It's not like he hasn't beaten good CB's before. In fact he has been doing it since he entered the league.

Comment

He didn't look healthy against the 49ers but he did look better last week, so if he said he is even better this week I think he is going to give Dallas a hard time.

Comment

A healthy Nicks can really open things up for the rest of the team.....

Comment

im expecting a huge game frm nicks

Comment

Great News!
                              New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X