Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whenever an opposing team says "we beat ourselves" or "we gave them the game"....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • whenever an opposing team says "we beat ourselves" or "we gave them the game"....

    It means, "We were powerless to stop you and we are embaressed and ashamed and the only way to restore our pride is to say NO YOU DID NOT SOUNDLY DEFEATED US, BUT RATHER I ALLOWED YOU TO BE ME! YOU DO NOT POSSESS THE POWER TO DEFEAT ME UNLESS I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO DEFEAT ME OR GIVE YOU THIS WIN FOR NO OTHER REASON THEN THE SIMPLE FACT I FELT LIKE IT!

    To make themselves feel like a man, instead of saying, "Yeah, they got us today, but we'll get them next time." You would rather soothe your wounded pride and say, "Nah, they and beat us, WE beat ourselves!" I just laugh because I know there ego is wounded, LOL!
    MANNING TO CRUZ....

  • #2
    Ironically the ONE team that didn't do that last year was the cowboys, and they came back with a vengeance. Hopefully we can do the same on Sunday...

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

    Comment


    • #3
      Honestly...there are games that we just "gave"....I hate to say it because at the end of the day, the better team wins, but some games you know you just Should win. Our last game against the Titans was one of those game in my opinion.

      Comment


      • #4
        Giants fans use that phrase as well.

        Comment


        • #5
          opposing fans spewing that stuff is one thing , that i expect ... oh the refs and oh we gave it away ... i probably said that after Philly

          but when players, who are supposed to have a no excuses attitude are consistently saying stuff like this ... well i think it speaks to the leadership or lack of leadership on their teams ... GB, SF, NE now the Skins ... and others
          Apologize to Melo 5

          Comment


          • #6
            One wonders why all these teams allow us to beat them......are they Masochists???

            Comment


            • #7
              I think the Giants gave the game away to the Eagles a couple of years ago when they had a big lead.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                I think the Giants gave the game away to the Eagles a couple of years ago when they had a big lead.
                If our hall of fame safety, Kenny Phillips, actually makes a decent attempt at tackling Brent Celek, that comeback probably never happens.
                sigpic -We put poo on things!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Many things factor into a win...luck, breaks and skill. Every game in every sport has all of those factors in them. If someone wants to believe they beat themselves then fine, but they also need to assume when they win that their opponent beat themselves as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Crovaz View Post
                    If our hall of fame safety, Kenny Phillips, actually makes a decent attempt at tackling Brent Celek, that comeback probably never happens.
                    Or if Manningham doesn't fumble the ball when no one touched him. Or if Dodge kicks the ball the way TC told him to. Or if they don't let Vick get that huge scramble. Or if they where ready for that on sides kick. There is no way you can blame one guy who does happen to be one of the better Safeties in the league for that loss.
                    Last edited by Buddy333; 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                      Honestly...there are games that we just "gave"....I hate to say it because at the end of the day, the better team wins, but some games you know you just Should win. Our last game against the Titans was one of those game in my opinion.
                      +1 i remember that game well
                      Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                      ~Big Mike~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                        +1 i remember that game well
                        That's another one. They turned the ball over twice in the red zone and where called for multiple personal fouls.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                          One wonders why all these teams allow us to beat them......are they Masochists???
                          Sadomasochism...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NJBLUE View Post
                            It means, "We were powerless to stop you and we are embaressed and ashamed and the only way to restore our pride is to say NO YOU DID NOT SOUNDLY DEFEATED US, BUT RATHER I ALLOWED YOU TO BE ME! YOU DO NOT POSSESS THE POWER TO DEFEAT ME UNLESS I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO DEFEAT ME OR GIVE YOU THIS WIN FOR NO OTHER REASON THEN THE SIMPLE FACT I FELT LIKE IT!

                            To make themselves feel like a man, instead of saying, "Yeah, they got us today, but we'll get them next time." You would rather soothe your wounded pride and say, "Nah, they and beat us, WE beat ourselves!" I just laugh because I know there ego is wounded, LOL!
                            Some of you guys take this "we beat ourselves" comment way too personally. No one is attacking our team when they say that.
                            It only means that they made a lot of unforced errors (ie. penalties and turnovers) and squandered opportunities.
                            You guys need to calm down with this stuff.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              my dad once told me ;

                              "now son , life if tough and every
                              now and then you're gonna get your aas kicked.
                              which is bad enough.....
                              but admitting it is just unforgivable.
                              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X