Jernigan will be a star!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jernigan will be a star!

For another team. It's pretty obvious the Giants have little interest in developing his skills. For him to be inactive every week so RR can catch punts and Barden can get a catch here and a block there speaks loudly. With Cruz in a contract year you would think they would like to see what JJ has to offer for a backup plan in case we can't resign Cruz( although I think they will). JJ has good hands (I know he struggled with some punts early in his rookie year and had a flub in Pre season but have not seen him drop a pass )great speed and quickness and is elusive after the catch. He could be great on quick hits and bubble screens but is just wasteing away making over $400k a season to do nothing. He was way more impressive than Randall Cobb in college but the Pack have figured out what they can do with him. The Giants on the other hand can't get any production out of JJ. I was reading the comments from camp about how good he looked and the great plays he was making ( he had the most Top Five Plays from camp) and Eli 's comments about seeing some special talents JJ has. Write it down! He will be a star one day for another team and the Giants who spent a third round pick on him will look foolish.

Originally posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    For another team. It's pretty obvious the Giants have little interest in developing his skills. For him to be inactive every week so RR can catch punts and Barden can get a catch here and a block there speaks loudly. With Cruz in a contract year you would think they would like to see what JJ has to offer for a backup plan in case we can't resign Cruz( although I think they will). JJ has good hands (I know he struggled with some punts early in his rookie year and had a flub in Pre season but have not seen him drop a pass )great speed and quickness and is elusive after the catch. He could be great on quick hits and bubble screens but is just wasteing away making over $400k a season to do nothing. He was way more impressive than Randall Cobb in college but the Pack have figured out what they can do with him. The Giants on the other hand can't get any production out of JJ. I was reading the comments from camp about how good he looked and the great plays he was making ( he had the most Top Five Plays from camp) and Eli 's comments about seeing some special talents JJ has. Write it down! He will be a star one day for another team and the Giants who spent a third round pick on him will look foolish.

been saying this for months...although i still think he'll eventually get a chance with Giants
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Pack offense is far more suited to handle a guy coming out of a college spread.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
        Pack offense is far more suited to handle a guy coming out of a college spread.
        Then what was the point of spending a 3rd on him if he is not a good fit with the offense we run. I realize they wanted a replacement for Steve Smith in the slot and the development of Cruz shot holes in that need. But to totally shelve the guy seems almost idiotic! Cruz, and JJ together on the field in some capacity should be a bigger concern for opposing defenses than Cruz and Barden. You have a good point about the Pack and Cobb but geez Gilbride could come up with something productive for the kid to do besides take up space. He showed in camp what he has to offer but never got a decent shot in preseason games. He always was in with the scrubs and Carr. I think JJ got one series with Eli in preseason and was targeted and he got mugged in the end zone . After that it seems the Giants put him on the back burner. He continued to impress in camp after that but never got work with Eli. If Eli doesn't like to throw to short receivers why draft the kid? With Nicks, Hixon and RR being the big targets why add Barden to that mix also, why not have another Cruz type receiver active than than overloading with the big targets who are basically just riding the bench.

Comment

ummm, not to be captain obvious, but he can only dress on game day if he surpasses Ramses Barden on the depth chart ... we are certainly not sitting out Reuben Randle ... JJ was dressed in the games Nicks sat out and caught a couple, but no RAC and nothing deep

to me, the Giants are the easiest team to be with as a young WR ... Eli doesnt care, if you get open, he's coming your way ... the only negative being with the Giants is that we do an excellent job of finding talent, so you got to beat out some very good pllayers

but JJ is still young, so let's A. not start the BUST, CUT stuff like we did with Barden and B. let's not put him in the HOF or on another team just yet

in the NFL you can go from after thought to super star in 3 weeks, so i know it's hard, but be PATIENT
          Last edited by GMan-67; 10-24-2012, 10:04 PM.
          Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Then what was the point of spending a 3rd on him if he is not a good fit with the offense we run. I realize they wanted a replacement for Steve Smith in the slot and the development of Cruz shot holes in that need. But to totally shelve the guy seems almost idiotic! Cruz, and JJ together on the field in some capacity should be a bigger concern for opposing defenses than Cruz and Barden. You have a good point about the Pack and Cobb but geez Gilbride could come up with something productive for the kid to do besides take up space. He showed in camp what he has to offer but never got a decent shot in preseason games. He always was in with the scrubs and Carr. I think JJ got one series with Eli in preseason and was targeted and he got mugged in the end zone . After that it seems the Giants put him on the back burner. He continued to impress in camp after that but never got work with Eli. If Eli doesn't like to throw to short receivers why draft the kid? With Nicks, Hixon and RR being the big targets why add Barden to that mix also, why not have another Cruz type receiver active than than overloading with the big targets who are basically just riding the bench.
            you have just said what i have been trying to defend on these boards for months plus a couple new thoughts...glad to see someone else sees what I see
            "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Comment

This reminds me of the cut Mario Manningham threads, after his rookie season. Not saying the guy is going to be a star but lets see what he can do before we label him. If it wasn't for Cruz's emergence last year, he's probably our slot receiver. Unfortunately for him, he's stuck behind one of the best wide outs in the game and probably won't see much playing time unless someone goes down or he surpasses someone on the depth chart.

Can we please stop with the "If he's not a pro-bowler by his 2nd year, he's a bust" threads? The stupidity gets old. Just enjoy the season for f's sakes.
              sigpic -We put poo on things!

Comment

Then what was the point of spending a 3rd on him if he is not a good fit with the offense we run.
                The intention for Jernigan was to bring him in as the slot receiver last year. However, Cruz stepped in and took that spot and never looked back. They brought Jernigan in because of the loss of Steve Smith. When Cruz became what he is now then they could turn their full attention away from him. This year they needed another flanker and brought in Randle...and pretty much the same situation as last year happened. Hixon stepped it up and so did Barden. Though, I think Randle will be the long term fix eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Crovaz View Post
                  This reminds me of the cut Mario Manningham threads, after his rookie season. Not saying the guy is going to be a star but lets see what he can do before we label him. If it wasn't for Cruz's emergence last year, he's probably our slot receiver. Unfortunately for him, he's stuck behind one of the best wide outs in the game and probably won't see much playing time unless someone goes down or he surpasses someone on the depth chart.

Can we please stop with the "If he's not a pro-bowler by his 2nd year, he's a bust" threads? The stupidity gets old. Just enjoy the season for f's sakes.
                  Your reply indicates my whole point flew right over your head! The other replies seem to realize where I am coming from for the most part.I am not saying he is a bust, the Giants may be a bust in not knowing what to do with him. I also don 't recall saying he is gonna be a future Pro Bowlet. Re read my post and try to comprehend.

Comment

Your reply indicates my whole point flew right over your head! The other replies seem to realize where I am coming from for the most part.I am not saying he is a bust, the Giants may be a bust in not knowing what to do with him. I also don 't recall saying he is gonna be a future Pro Bowlet. Re read my post and try to comprehend.
                    thats not what he said...he is agreeing with you...reread what he said

Comment

[QUOTE=fansince69;549667]thats not what he said...he is agreeing with you...reread what he said[/QUOTE

I re read it. I see no agreement with my points! I never said JJ should be cut ( reference Manningham)I think JJ should be utilized more. How does that imply he should be cut. I think if this keeps up he's gonna tell the Giants when his contracts up to kiss his %^# and he will go to a team that will showcase what his game offers. i never indicated he shouldn't be stuck behind Cruz, I never said JJ was gonna be a Pro Bowler. In what freaking way was he agreeing with me? And then he throws in the stupidity comment.

Comment

If he's not showing it on practice, why put him on the field. You gotta eran it.

Comment

Everyone wants to give up on these young guys, he's talented and should get better as time goes on. That said, he has a couple of guys ahead of him that have proved that they can get the job done given a chance. The WR core on this team is crazy deep!

Comment

I watch every minute of every Giant game, and I have seen him maybe in 10 plays. I love how people can make a decision on him based upon stories in practice.

Almost every team in the NFL has a fast guy with talent sitting on the bench. Something tells me that if he was so special, he'd get on the field a little bit more somehow...

Comment

I'm just curious. How can you say with any certainty that the Giants are not developing him? That is what they do in this organization. They did it with Sinorice Moss until their collective eyes bled. They're still doing it with Ramses Barden. Don't you think they watch these guys at practice and have a better idea than we do about where they are on the developmental continuum?

What does Cruz's contract have to do with whether Jernigan gets any playing time or not?

Just because hes not broken through yet doesn't mean it still can't happen. He will be here through his rookie contract. When he gets an opportunity, he needs to make the most of it. Just like Randle has done.
                              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-25-2012, 08:43 AM.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X