How do you rate our Oline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you rate our Oline?

As a whole, I think they've really come together compared to the first few games of the season. I love the pass protection and time that Eli gets in the pocket. The run blocking is also doing well in my opinion but we just didn't run the ball that often last week.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
    As a whole, I think they've really come together compared to the first few games of the season. I love the pass protection and time that Eli gets in the pocket. The run blocking is also doing well in my opinion but we just didn't run the ball that often last week.

What do you guys think?
    I think the O line would do a lot better if we ran the ball more , it looks like the success of our passing game causes us to give up too quickly on the run if it doesn't show success right away..

Comment

we ran it enough to prove we couldn't run it
      19 carries for 70 odd yards.
      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

getting better each week for the most part....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
          we ran it enough to prove we couldn't run it
          19 carries for 70 odd yards.
          I saw some nice runs from Bradshaw. 17 rushes for 64 yards from our backs. What if the 18th run was for 20-25 yards. Looks a lot better. Thats why you keep running the ball, like we did vs the 49ers.
          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
            I think the O line would do a lot better if we ran the ball more , it looks like the success of our passing game causes us to give up too quickly on the run if it doesn't show success right away..
            The cowboys have one of the best LB cores in the league, but they suffered a huge loss in Sean Lee, so that certainly helps us with regards to running the ball.

But generally, I feel like we've started to pass to set up the run a lot, and it works.

Comment

@TheAnalyst

i understand what you're sayin'....but washington is top 10 against the run
              and dead last against the pass.
              the game plan would have been to exploit their lousy pass defense and
              run enough to keep them honest. which is what happened.
              much to Bradshaw's obvious objection.

san fran was garbage yards after they knew they were beaten and gave up
              in the 2nd half.
              Last edited by stormblue; 10-25-2012, 11:21 AM.
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

@TheAnalyst

i understand what you're sayin'....but washington is top 10 against the run
                and dead last against the pass.
                the game plan would have been to exploit their lousy pass defense and
                run enough to keep them honest. which is what happened.

san fran was garbage yards after they knew they were beaten and gave up
                in the 2nd half.
                San Fran was not garbage yards. It was 3rd quarter, with a lead, run the ball to run out the clock time. You know, when everyone knows the Giants want to run the ball to run out the clock. It was the back breaker in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohann View Post
                  San Fran was not garbage yards. It was 3rd quarter, with a lead, run the ball to run out the clock time. You know, when everyone knows the Giants want to run the ball to run out the clock. It was the back breaker in that game.
                  you are so wrong.
                  56 of Bradshaw's yards (that's almost half of his 116} came in the 4th qtr.
                  ALL of Wilson's 35 came in the 4th qtr.

so 91 of 151 came in 4th qtr

thats right.... over 60% of our rushing yards came in the 4th qtr
                  when the score was already 23 to 3 and they had given up.

if that's not the definition of garbage time then i need a new dictionary.

take off those royal blue sunglasses.

and here's your proof if you don't believe me

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...tml#playbyplay
                  Last edited by stormblue; 10-25-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Need to get MUCH better running the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by JimC View Post
                      Need to get MUCH better running the ball.
                      12th out of 32.....not too bad considering its only week 8 and they sucked for the first few games.....
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I'd rate them a B+ and improving.

This group has really come together since Diehl went down and Beatty took over at LT with Locklear shifting to the right. We went from starting the season lamenting how bad they were to seeing them excel in pass protection (Eli had barely been sacked until the Wash game) and improving in the run game with Ahmad having a few >100 yard games.

At this point Big Blue fans should be thrilled and just hope they stay intact. Diehl looks perfect as an eligible reciever when needed
                        "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Comment

this is pretty simple....they have been effective enough so that we a 5-2 and on top of the NFC east
                          "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

you are so wrong.
                            56 of Bradshaw's yards (that's almost half of his 116} came in the 4th qtr.
                            ALL of Wilson's 35 came in the 4th qtr.

so 91 of 151 came in 4th qtr

thats right.... over 60% of our rushing yards came in the 4th qtr
                            when the score was already 23 to 3 and they had given up.

if that's not the definition of garbage time then i need a new dictionary.

take off those royal blue sunglasses.

and here's your proof if you don't believe me

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...tml#playbyplay
                            SF's defense doesn't just "give up". They got handled. SF has too proud a defense to "give up" gashing running plays because they were down by 2 or 3 scores. SF gave up their first 100 yard rusher and 1st rushing TD in about a year that game. The D wore down, like I believe the Redskins D would of done the same.
                            Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince69 View Post
                              this is pretty simple....they have been effective enough so that we a 5-2 and on top of the NFC east
                              thats what I mean as well....
                              the Giants do not need a top 5 runing game. Not saying that woud be a bad thing just saying they dont need that.
                              The need to be effective when and how they run. The timing, results, and effeciancy are much more important then the total yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X