Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' Safety Kenny Phillips Returns To Practice

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/25/...s-to-practice/

Excerpt: "For the first time since spraining his MCL against the Philadelphia Eagles in week three, New York Giants safety Kenny Phillips returned to the positional portion of practice on Thursday. And although playing on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys remains up in the air, it's a good sign that the veteran is nearing a healthy return.

With Stevie Brown playing so well in his absence, the Giants have no reason to rush Phillips back and risk re-injuring his MCL.In addition to Phillips, defensive tackle Rocky Bernard (quad) also returned to practice on a limited basis Thursday. And they were joined by center David Baas, who missed practice on Wednesday due to an ankle injury sustained against Washington." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Nice to have him back. I for one predict the return of a 3 safety set. KP can keep the play in front of him and Stevie can be a wild card safety, changing up blitzes and coverages on each play...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

even with brown playing so well, getting kp would be huge! it would essentially remove the one legit threat dallas would have left now that d.murray is out and their starting C is out as well (lack of run game imho).
      KP takes away the deep bombs. he plays that centerfield role so damn well, thats the one thing i dont quite like stevie bown doing. i believe brown is better in a cover 2 look where he can help/get more help then leaving him on an island deep center and asking him to play sideline to sideline the way KP can.
      I'd be stoked if I was PF and i knew KP would be ready to go. u could continously mix up coverages/personnel with rolle/brown/kp...also we have prince and hosely instead of coe and tryon (week 1 abuse victims, 3rd n 30 td bomb smfh)...

KP playing takes my prediction from winning by 10-17 to 21 or more literally i am not expecting a close game at all, we are just playing way too physical and with our patented eli to weapons mix...dallas is catching us at the wrong time for them...and the fact we lost week 1 at home, the guys will be hungry to go 4-0 @ dallas

Comment

every healthy player back is a huge plus.....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          even with brown playing so well, getting kp would be huge! it would essentially remove the one legit threat dallas would have left now that d.murray is out and their starting C is out as well (lack of run game imho).
          KP takes away the deep bombs. he plays that centerfield role so damn well, thats the one thing i dont quite like stevie bown doing. i believe brown is better in a cover 2 look where he can help/get more help then leaving him on an island deep center and asking him to play sideline to sideline the way KP can.
          I'd be stoked if I was PF and i knew KP would be ready to go. u could continously mix up coverages/personnel with rolle/brown/kp...also we have prince and hosely instead of coe and tryon (week 1 abuse victims, 3rd n 30 td bomb smfh)...

KP playing takes my prediction from winning by 10-17 to 21 or more literally i am not expecting a close game at all, we are just playing way too physical and with our patented eli to weapons mix...dallas is catching us at the wrong time for them...and the fact we lost week 1 at home, the guys will be hungry to go 4-0 @ dallas
          yeah a huge downgrade......huge, give me a break. If he was so HUGE, why did Romo scorch him and Antrelle Rolle for 3 TDs the last time we played them

Comment

I think we're getting healthy too soon.

There goes our repeat.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

why is that? Kenny is going to step up his game and produce an INT per game like Stevie?? Why the 21 point differential?........or is Kenny going to hobble around, get burned and produce his normal 1 INT per season

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Nice to have him back. I for one predict the return of a 3 safety set. KP can keep the play in front of him and Stevie can be a wild card safety, changing up blitzes and coverages on each play...
                what about will hill? he was playing real well and the fact that you can use him as a nickel makes his value much greater

and yes will hill is better than stevie brown

Comment

When did KP get beat against Dallas? I saw Brown get beat a couple of times. This is not o say I don't like Brown, but KP is one of the best at what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by blueNorange View Post
                    what about will hill? he was playing real well and the fact that you can use him as a nickel makes his value much greaterand yes will hill is better than stevie brown
                    Absolutely agree about Hill. Can't wait until he gets back. What is it? Two more games?

Comment

good news on Phillips and Bernard ... im not too concerned about Baas, he played thru the ankle on Sunday and i expect him to do that again

now Bradshaw will defintely play, but it wouldnt be good if he has to go back to not practicing like last year esp. considering we had poor rushing numbers during the first 2/3rds of our regular season
                      Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

yeah i don't get what bparcells777 is talking about, last year phillips was one of the better safeties in the league and is asked to mirror the qb

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                          Absolutely agree about Hill. Can't wait until he gets back. What is it? Two more games?
                          yes 2 more games, it's obvious the giants are saving hill to replace rolle or phillips .. the speed hill displays as a db is insane

Comment

Hill is an elite athlete, always was. He just needed to focus on his craft which is doing. The limited action he saw before the suspension was very impressive.

Comment

I have been very satisfied with Stevie Browns play but if KP can go than all the better I guess

Comment

Working...
                              X