Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' David Diehl Says He's 100%, Would Like To Start But Willing To Take Any Role

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants' David Diehl Says He's 100%, Would Like To Start But Willing To Take Any Role

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Excerpt: "Since David Diehl sustained a sprained MCL in the first quarter of the Giants' Week 2 win over the Buccaneers, the Giants have surrendered three sacks in five games and revitalized the rushing attack. They've done it with veteran free-agent acquisition Sean Locklear moving from left to right tackle to replace Diehl, and Will Beatty inserted at left tackle.

Diehl returned in Week 6 against the 49ers, but wasn't given his starting spot at right tackle; he's been limited to the jumbo tight end role in his two games back. And though Diehl said he feels 100 percent this week for the first time since he suffered the injury, but isn't sure if he'll regain his starting spot."

You don’t assume anything," Diehl said today when asked if he thought his starting position would be waiting. "You would hope so, but like I said, the fact that if it doesn’t happen, I’m not, don’t get me wrong, I would love to be starting, I would love to be back out there, that’s what I’m here for, that’s what I’ve always done. But, like I said, if that doesn’t happen, it’s not going to change the way I feel about Sean. It’s not going to change the way I feel about our coaches and our staff. I’ve been hurt. I’ve been out. There’s nothing I can do to change that."
    Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

David's ALL-IN
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

epiitome of a nyg

Comment

part of me still pulls for him and roots he can be a legit starting rt. until then, playing fav's bc of personal opinion of a guy is a quick way to losing. he's got to earn it, but if theres one guy u cant count out, its dd. who knows, maybe that body that he's sacrificed for the team and us fans just needed some extended rest and he can play at a high level again...
        whatever the case, i think he'll be best suited as the jumbo/swng t

Comment

its a long season.....ya never who's gonna go down for a couple of games.
          nothing wrong with some veteran back-up on the o-line.
          and to help give guys a breather here and there.
          but he doesn't get my starting vote .
          i don't think he'll get anybody's vote to start again,

but don't cry, the guy has made millions....not like he's gonna have to go
          bag groceries.
          Last edited by stormblue; 10-25-2012, 07:22 PM.
          due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
          my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

As long as he accepts his role as bench warmer and Eli's masseur then I'm fine with it. He better only start if it's at guard. He's not fleet of foot anymore to be a tackle.

Comment

Hopefully he gets cut at the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
                I doubt he would ever actually be cut. DD probably leaves on his own terms and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in coaching or as a sports analyst right after that.

Comment

That's brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                    As long as he accepts his role as bench warmer and Eli's masseur then I'm fine with it. He better only start if it's at guard. He's not fleet of foot anymore to be a tackle.
                    You need to sit down for the news, he's been practicing at RTE. How could the coaches be so ignorant?

Comment

Dude, you should pump the brakes with that comment. Even though many Giants fans in here, including myself, have been very critical of Diehl, he has been a great Giant and gave everything to this team. It obvious at this point that he should be relegated to a back up and he should retire at that the end of the season. This dude loves football and made the mistake of playing a good deal past his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        You need to sit down for the news, he's been practicing at RTE. How could the coaches be so ignorant?
                        In your opinion does he belong as the starting rt?

Comment

Originally posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
                          In your opinion does he belong as the starting rt?
                          Where did I say RT? Or "start."

Comment

DD has been in a sharp decline for a few years. This was as good a time as any to bench him.

Comment

Originally posted by foosball View Post
                              DD has been in a sharp decline for a few years. This was as good a time as any to bench him.
                              He's not been benched

Comment

Working...
                              X