Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beckum Dilemma

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...sion-on-beckum

Well it is time for the Giants to decide if they activate Beckum off the PUP list. They have three weeks to make a decision. The questions are: 1) Is he healthy enough to be activated? 2) Who do you get rid of to make him a spot and 3) Do you break up the current chemistry by trying to bring him back?

Right now the team is contemplating the use of Diehl as a reserve tight end in the jumbo packages but you also have Pascoe. Does Beckum even warrant a spot or should he be moved to the season ending IR or be cut outright?

unless someone gets hurt, specifically a TE, then i think we simply IR him ... a lot of PUPers end up getting IRed ... PUP just gives you a little time to decide

also, remember Will Hill is 2 games into a 4 game suspension, so we need a spot for him

Beckum signed a 4 year deal in 2009, so that would expire 6/2013, but since he has not produced, i cant see him having much value around the league, so we might still see him in camp next season competing for a spot
    Last edited by GMan-67; 10-27-2012, 03:22 AM.
    Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

He was drafted the same year as Sintim, a few rounds later. The writing is on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
        He was drafted the same year as Sintim, a few rounds later. The writing is on the wall.
        wow your still obsessed with Clint Sintum???, really??? time to move on dude

and that draft class is turning out to be very solid ... i know that is killing you and the BUST gang, but always remember the 3 year rule on judging draft classes
        Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Either IR or released
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Beckum has about as much chance seeing the field in a Giant uniform as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
              Beckum has about as much chance seeing the field in a Giant uniform as I do.
              Maybe less lol
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Can he tackle on STs?

Maybe the intermediate IR?

Comment

isn't Bennet only under contract for this year ?
                  if that is the case ; somebody is gonna want to pay him.
                  we can't give everybody on the offense 5 mil per year.

so Beckum will get IR'd for now but ultimately it will
                  depend on what they do with Bennet.

please feel free to confirm/deny that ....just thought Bennet was only a 1 yr deal.

and yes CS ; i'm a margin' jumpin' stanza stomper too !!
                  Last edited by stormblue; 10-27-2012, 09:23 AM.
                  due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                  my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

I wouldn't call deciding what date to cut him or put him on IR a dilemma.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

cut him....let him try somewhere else. Not working here ......
                      good luck to him.
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
                        unless someone gets hurt, specifically a TE, then i think we simply IR him ... a lot of PUPers end up getting IRed ... PUP just gives you a little time to decide

also, remember Will Hill is 2 games into a 4 game suspension, so we need a spot for him

Beckum signed a 4 year deal in 2009, so that would expire 6/2013, but since he has not produced, i cant see him having much value around the league, so we might still see him in camp next season competing for a spot
                        Even if the Giants put Beckum on IR the Giants will have IR or Cut someone else to make room for Hill.

Comment

If Diehl pans out at TE, Beckum will either go on IR or be released. We already have three tight ends on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                            Even if the Giants put Beckum on IR the Giants will have IR or Cut someone else to make room for Hill.
                            Bam! See ya!!
                            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

I really don't think there is any dilemma, we have plenty of good receivers and can always use a blocker, which he tries but does not excel. He goes to the IR and allows you to kick that decision down the road, give you some time to really evaluate what his worth is and if he fits in the Giants' scheme,

Comment

Working...
                              X