Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants To Be Without 2 Key Players

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-giants-sunday

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have downgraded safety Kenny Phillips and defensive tackle Rocky Bernard to out for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Phillips (knee), Bernard (quadriceps) and linebacker Jacquian Williams (knee) were the only Giants to not make the trip to Dallas. Williams was already ruled out by the team on Friday." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

bummer i was hoping theyd make the trip

Comment

I dont get why players cannot come along and sit in street clothes.....its crazy

Comment

i think its an insurance thing i remember shockey had that issue where he wasnt allowed on the sidelines. i wonder it too myself. for home games u almost always see the injured guys but its away games

Comment

Get em healthy. We'll take out Dallas with the gatorade dispenser.

Comment

I don't know.... "key" players? Good solid.. yes, but "key"??
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
              That's what I was thinking
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

We are in the best shape we've been, injury wise, all year. How could an article fail to point that out?
                How can a reporter report factlets without the necessary context?
                Let's tee it up!
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post
                  Slow news day. Too bad they pump up nonsense on all news days. Even if they were the epitome of "key" players did the author notice that they have been out for some time. Like almost all of this little winning streak were on?

On another note, I love how there really are few "key" players on this team. Lots of important pieces and guysyou dont want to hit hte field without. but there is only one monkey that can stop this show.

A true team has been built here, few parts are any more important than the rest, and none more than the whole. Thank you for the great team Reese, we are certainly enjoying it.

Comment

Anyone who says Phillips isn't a key player is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by DemandedAce View Post
                      I agree, Phillips is an important player to our defense. Stats don't tell the whole story with the kind of player he is. He gives the opposition a hard time to throw deep over the middle.
                      Saying all that I do like what Stevie Brown has given us since K.P got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by DemandedAce View Post
                        No one is saying Phillips isnt important.

A key player is one who you cant play effectively without, or at least causes your whole game to change because everything revolves around them.

Clearly that is not the case. We are winning, and without changing our defense drastically. Plug and play baby, next man up.

Again, nothing away from KP, cant wait for him to be back.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                          I agree, Phillips is an important player to our defense. Stats don't tell the whole story with the kind of player he is. He gives the opposition a hard time to throw deep over the middle.
                          Saying all that I do like what Stevie Brown has given us since K.P got injured.
                          Stevie Brown has been filling in nicely. He's not KP by any stretch, but he's still at least starter material on some teams. Honestly all these reps in games are good for him. If he can work through some of the coverage issues, we might actually let KP walk away next season to save money on cap space...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

As long as there's no major injuries in the next couple of weeks the injury list should shorten up by the time the BYE week rolls around.

Comment

The secondary other than Prince has been terrible, with or without KP. KP is not a key player. Rolle is, Prince is and everyone else in secondary is replaceable. KP had major potential but never shows that same play since his injury. I like him,he is good in most areas of his position but Giants don't need him, and he better realize that and try to earn his job. He one of the many players who seem to think once named starter they dont need to play with that motivation and energy to play your best.

Comment

Working...
                              X