Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Morning Quarterback: Eight years later, NY Giants' Eli Manning is still No. 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Morning Quarterback: Eight years later, NY Giants' Eli Manning is still No. 1

Ernie Accorsi was prepared to take Ben Roethlisberger with the fourth pick in the 2004 draft until Chargers general manager A.J. Smith finally called one hour after San Diego had selected Eli Manning first overall, and then, after weeks of speculation, traded him to the Giants.
    So, 8 1/2 years into their careers, who would you rather have: Eli or Big Ben?
    This becomes relevant again because the Steelers play at MetLife Stadium next Sunday against the Giants, the third time Manning and Roethlisberger will face each other. Big Ben won in 2004 at Giants Stadium; Manning won in 2008 in Pittsburgh.
    My answer: Clearly Manning.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2AXh4Q52Y
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

How many times has Big Ben been injured?

Comment

Having a chili cookoff at my house with my Steeler fan friends.....last time we did this was when the Giants beat the Steelers in Pitt. My chili won then too!!
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I want some chili!

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
          Having a chili cookoff at my house with my Steeler fan friends.....last time we did this was when the Giants beat the Steelers in Pitt. My chili won then too!!
          That was one of the best regular season Giant games in recent history . . . . 2 excellent teams going toe-to-toe

Comment

Originally posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
            That was one of the best regular season Giant games in recent history . . . . 2 excellent teams going toe-to-toe
            Yeah.....we learned our lesson with that one......there will be no kids at this party!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
              Yeah.....we learned our lesson with that one......there will be no kids at this party!!!
              LOL
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                LOL
                Yeah....I don't get invited to Giants game parties much anymore. Not a good house guest if the game is close.

Comment

i think the giants are in the same spot they're in with big ben, they're both very clutch football players

Comment

Originally posted by blueNorange View Post
                    i think the giants are in the same spot they're in with big ben, they're both very clutch football players
                    I can see why you would say this. And not that it is a wrong opinion, I think big ben would not have thrived in the giants or rather gildbride offense.
                    Eli is just more of the prototypical old school pocket passer, not taking away from what big ben does, i just feel from what limited i have saw of him; he can be a tad bit reckless with his decision making.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                    @Katdaddyjay 17h
                    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

I wonder what Steelers' fans would have to say about this. Without a consensus, it's not the slam-dunk many on here feel it is.

Comment

They would argue I'm sure, but Eli has become better along the way and more recent. Ben Roethlisberger stepped into a better situation and won earlier because of it. His stats were not all that great and was carried by a good running game and stifling defenses. Last year our offense carried the team late in the season and then the defense showed up.

Ben is tough and a good quarterback, there is no doubt, but I think we got the better deal and I wouldn't disagree with that rating.
                        Last edited by Rat_bastich; 10-28-2012, 05:50 AM. Reason: clarification about obscure statement..plus I wanted to type in this box

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                          I wonder what Steelers' fans would have to say about this. Without a consensus, it's not the slam-dunk many on here feel it is.
                          I think it worked out the best for both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by 510GiantsFan View Post
                            How many times has Big Ben been injured?
                            football related or non-football related?

Comment

It would have been deeply damaging to this organization if we had ended up with Rapelisberger in blue. I dont think that whole thing goes away in NY the way it seems to have almost never happened him in Pitt.

Comment

Working...
                              X