Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inability to score TDs in the redzone has been exposed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inability to score TDs in the redzone has been exposed.

If this game vs. Dallas isn't an example of how inept the offense is in scoring TDs inside the redzone, I don't know what is.

The problem doesn't stop there, this offense also has a problem converting 3rd and short.

And the last problem is getting that crucial 1st down to seal the game, I mean just how many times are the Cowboys getting a chance after chance? It made me sick to the stomach that the so-called clutch Eli can't even get a 1st down to seal the game.

The game after a 23 point lead also was called incredibly conservative, if there's a time to be aggressive, it's when you have a 23 point lead, but what does Gilbride do? He plays dead, and Dallas gets back into the game. This is truly a worst display of play-calling I've ever seen.

If it was any other team than Dallas, I have no doubt that Giants lost this game, and they almost did, any homer fan who actually could celebrate this win without feeling lucky should just punch themselves in the face.

Pittsburgh is going to kill the Giants.

NOBODY COMMENT ON THIS POST, HE'S A TROLL YES, I KNOW I JUST COMMENTED.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
      If this game vs. Dallas isn't an example of how inept the offense is in scoring TDs inside the redzone, I don't know what is.

The problem doesn't stop there, this offense also has a problem converting 3rd and short.

And the last problem is getting that crucial 1st down to seal the game, I mean just how many times are the Cowboys getting a chance after chance? It made me sick to the stomach that the so-called clutch Eli can't even get a 1st down to seal the game.

The game after a 23 point lead also was called incredibly conservative, if there's a time to be aggressive, it's when you have a 23 point lead, but what does Gilbride do? He plays dead, and Dallas gets back into the game. This is truly a worst display of play-calling I've ever seen.

If it was any other team than Dallas, I have no doubt that Giants lost this game, and they almost did, any homer fan who actually could celebrate this win without feeling lucky should just punch themselves in the face.

Pittsburgh is going to kill the Giants.
      That's the attitude we like around here.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

they played exactly like u said they needed to sny, they ran the ball a ton and tried being a ball control offense. if anything, todays game just shows how moronic your stance was previously

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
          That's the attitude we like around here.
          Don't blame me for being a realist, but after seeing that the game is at home, I'd say the game will be close, but if they keep settling for FGs, forget about it.

Comment

I though playcallin was horrific

Comment

so called Clutch-Eli?

YOU BITE YOUR TONGUE YOUNG MAN!

Comment

I hate to say this but I have to agree with you on this one. I got on you in the past but I will give credit where it is due. The Giants should have scored 50 points. Where are the crosssing routes?

Comment

I think our red zone passing game needs a lot of work. But I trust them to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JayMas9 View Post
                    I think our red zone passing game needs a lot of work. But I trust them to figure it out.
                    I hope so I want that repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                      they played exactly like u said they needed to sny, they ran the ball a ton and tried being a ball control offense. if anything, todays game just shows how moronic your stance was previously
                      What you blame it on also had a 23 point lead as well, you have to give Dallas some credit for coming back, and Eli wasn't on his game, which ultimately made the game closer than it should've been, Gilbride is simply not a good play-caller, and it gets magnified when Eli struggles. Gilbride is absolutely horrible.

Comment

for me it was a great win! it shows that again almost the same as last week our A-game was nonexistent on both sides of the ball.

however if we can win with lackluster performances in the last games it shows me we can face adversity and still win!

na i didn think they played that great thats why it was a great win.

they won!
                        sigpic

Comment

With the exception of today the Steelers have played poorly all season. They have lost too Oakland and Tennessee. It should be a very good competitive game. They are fairly weak and old defensively and their o-line struggles to protect Ben at times. If both teams play their best game the Giants should win.

Comment

Do you think the Giants would benefit a bit if we start playing a wildcat offense in the Redzone ?

Guys like Tebow and RG3 are dangerous in the redzone b/c of teh ability to run and pass.
                            Maybe we can draft a guy like Collin Klein from K-State...

just my 2 cent

Comment

Giants need to use Brown, and use screens in the red zone.....no not Stevie Brown.....the other Brown- Andre

Comment

Working...
                              X