Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else concerned about the offense?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else concerned about the offense?

The Giants snuck out a victory today in a game that should have been put away long before it got to it. I'll take the win BUT... since the second half of the 49ers game the offense hasn't moved the ball through the air. Eli only completed I think 2 passes that half after having over 170 yards in the 1st half and finishing with 193...Against the Redskins they were off again and if not for the late TD with a minute left the passing offense is left with only a couple of int's, no TD's and a loss...and against the Cowboys today the same thing. Romo had four Int's and the same QB rating as Eli with a 58.3.

I know the Giants won and that's all that matters but that's not what I'm asking here. I want to know if anyone has noticed the dip in the production, the play calling and more importantly...if anyone is concerned about it?
    Last edited by titwio; 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

They have been bad in the red zone all year and Dallas has a very good defense. I'm just as concerned with the defense right now.

Comment

im not concerned one bit.

Comment

We will have to wait for a while to see cause one game means nothing unless one may make a prediction.

Comment

Yes and no. Look, division games are tough, but the concern I have is our red zone offense. We could of had this game over before the half, but kept on getting field goals instead of td's. I don't blame the play calling, I blame the execution.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Also worth mentioning is in the last 3 games Eli has gone under 200 yards passing twice after after being the second player all time in consecutive 200 yard game streaks.

ELi Manning's TD/TO ratio is 12/8...Not exactly stellar when people here are talking MVP.
            Last edited by titwio; 10-28-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Yes I am concerned there is no ..No reason ehy Eli shouldn't have more TD's and less int. KG has to realize this is a passing team now and you cannot run on 1st down everytime. We had the Cowboys down 23-0 and all the weapons we have we go on to score 6 points that is pathetic. Sometimes I wish Eli would just say screw KG I'm going to call what I want and I'm, going to go for the kill.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by ny06 View Post
                Yes and no. Look, division games are tough, but the concern I have is our red zone offense. We could of had this game over before the half, but kept on getting field goals instead of td's. I don't blame the play calling, I blame the execution.
                Yeah, the play calling wasn't bad overall (I have a couple complaints, but nothing too serious), but we just couldn't get things going today, even outside the red zone.

Comment

No.
                  sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

I'm guessing because we can't run effectively, the pass isn't quite there..
                    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
                      Yeah, the play calling wasn't bad overall (I have a couple complaints, but nothing too serious), but we just couldn't get things going today, even outside the red zone.
                      Calling a Bradshaw run up the middle followed by a screen to Brown.
                      Calling a run on 3rd and long
                      Calling a deep ball on 3rd and short.
                      Run-Run-Pass

Play Calling on offense was TERRIBLE. Defense was semi-okay due to the sheer number of turnovers, although still gave up quite a few points. I'm happy to see PF blitz a little, even if it exposes the back end a little.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I'm concerned about why Bradshaw gets so much more time that Brown, when Brown runs harder.

And I'm concerned about why Victor Cruz plays so poorly against the Cowboys. His two worst games of the year were against them. He used to be a Cowboys fan as a kid, I wonder if he's intimidated when he plays them.

Comment

Even the Panthers game they played not to lose but looked good doing it we are settling for far to many fg;'s this has to bother TC. I don't think it's the players I think it's the scheme. People will say oh we won 2 sb's with KG and we are 6-2 but if you have as many weapons as the Giants no defense should be able to stop them. I'll give Dallas credit but Cruz, Nicks, Bennett, Hixon, and Randle can't beat Carr, Claiborne, and Scandrick....come on man there is something wrong with that and it's not the players.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                            I'm guessing because we can't run effectively, the pass isn't quite there..
                            Yeah but last year they couldn't run the ball either and the pass game is what kept them in it. When teams give up 6 turnovers and you have the ball in the redzone 4 times and can't move the ball, also have the game come down to wire in a nail biter...something's definitely wrong.

Comment

I'm a lot more concerned about the defense. The play calling has been a lot more conservative lately which really limits production. Eli and the offense seem like they are at their best when the ball is being aired out and chances are taken down field.
                              Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X