Clockgate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clockgate

with the clock at 10 seconds, the Boys ran 2 plays that per my stopwatch took 11 seconds, yet their own employee running the clock both started it late and stopped it early saving them 2 seconds and leaving them with one final play that should have never happened

this same type of thing happened to the Jets vs. NE

it's time for the NFL to have an employee starting and stopping the clock, not a team employee
    Apologize to Melo 5

They did stop that clock pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by GMan-67 View Post
      with the clock at 10 seconds, the Boys ran 2 plays that per my stopwatch took 11 seconds, yet their own employee running the clock both started it late and stopped it early saving them 2 seconds and leaving them with one final play that should have never happened

it's time for the NFL to have an employee starting and stopping the clock, not a team employee
      And that comeback from the Cows shouldn't have happened either.

Comment

The ball hadnt even landed yet on Austin's incomplete and the clock was stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          And that comeback from the Cows shouldn't have happened either.
          in the NFL teams comeback ... games are decided by only a few points on average ... nobody should be shocked that a talented NFL team did not simply roll up in the fetal position and cry and quit ... welcome to the NFL ... you'll catch on

and we were only favored by 1.5, so we exceeded outsiders expectations ... i think we have some spoiled fans b/c of how great we are
          Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

Yeah that needs to be in control of the NFL. The refs do constantly have to ask to have the game clock reset so obviously they are doing their own timekeeping... No need in 2012 for there to be two systems.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

You watch games with a stop watch? Damn

Even with that, the "official time" is kept on the field by an official. I think that's the Line Judge
              Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-29-2012, 07:54 AM.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Why did they put time back on the clock after they they took the TD off he score board?

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  You watch games with a stop watch? Damn

Even with that, the "official time" is kept on the field by an official
                  haha, no TIVO ! ... i was in no condition mentally or physically to do it at the time it was happening
                  Apologize to Melo 5

Comment

in the NFL teams comeback ... games are decided by only a few points on average ... nobody should be shocked that a talented NFL team did not simply roll up in the fetal position and cry and quit ... welcome to the NFL ... you'll catch on

and we were only favored by 1.5, so we exceeded outsiders expectations ... i think we have some spoiled fans b/c of how great we are
                    Hey Buddy, I was the one who said our O-line was underrated and our defense. I was one of the posters who said the Giants were going to beat the 49ers. My track record is way better than yours. You'll catch on soon I hope.

Comment

haha, no TIVO ! ... i was in no condition mentally or physically to do it at the time it was happening
                      I was just thinking I'd probably break it as it passed through the TV Screen..
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I also thought the official time was suspect in those last few seconds and what about the spot on Bradshaws 3rd down run where they marked him just short which forced us to punt. I thought he was marked short of where he actually landed.

Comment

I love it Clock gate, Did seem like they were able to run a ton of plays. The pass to whitten along the side line only took 4 secs, which shocked me at the time. Something else to have the NFL spend tons of time on ...

Comment

The last time the Giants had the ball they ran a running play that took two seconds. No way possible. Definitely some home cooking. Cowboys used to get the calls big time when they were a good team (a long time ago). Looks like there is still some manipulation going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
                              Why did they put time back on the clock after they they took the TD off he score board?
                              That actually was correct. when Dez landed and the play was over the clock was at 10seconds. Then it kept running and an additional 4 seconds ticked off. so they were right on that one
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X