Killdrive Stop with the WR screen play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killdrive Stop with the WR screen play

I dont care if it is Brown, Nicks or whoever it yields nothing or is incomplete or we loose yards. Scrap it please, every team that plays us sniffs it out and especially our divisional teams. Pitts on the other hand works this effectively and they run it a few times a game.

Replace it!.

There is a time to call those plays. Most of the time on those plays, the safety gots to be away and you have the eual amount of defenders and wrs on the same side.

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post
      I dont care if it is Brown, Nicks or whoever it yields nothing or is incomplete or we loose yards. Scrap it please, every team that plays us sniffs it out and especially our divisional teams. Pitts on the other hand works this effectively and they run it a few times a game.

Replace it!.
      First of all, it is only incomplete when the WR drops the ball. Secondly, we only lose yards when somebody misses a block. Every situation has a play, and plays are not designed to go for negitive yards.
      They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

Replace it with a screen. And only run it when nicks is 100% healthy.

Comment

Giants are a bad screen team have been the whole time with Eli. Doesnt matter what kind of screen it is either

Comment

Originally posted by sheepdip View Post

Replace it!.
            Replace it with RB screen passes. I think this was the key to Tiki's success. We have no RB screen or run game. I wish we could change that.
            Lets go, Giants!

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Giants are a bad screen team have been the whole time with Eli. Doesnt matter what kind of screen it is either
              Not true ... we were the best screen team in the NFL when Tiki was here.
              I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

As long as KG runs that shotgun draw 8 times a game, we're good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  ITs KG style of offense. No dink and dunk. Eli, throw it 30 yards deep on 3rd and shorts!
                  The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Im still facepalming on the 3rd and 1 shotgun direct HB snap with BRADSHAW

Comment

Originally posted by Kruunch View Post
                      Not true ... we were the best screen team in the NFL when Tiki was here.
                      You're right. However, majority of Eli's career with the Giants, the screen has been an ineffective play. I cringe every time I see it coming, because it usually results in a loss of yardage or we break even, getting right back to the line of scrimmage or maybe a yard or two. Yes, it is usually a missed block that messes up the play, but sometimes to opposing team is well prepared for it and overloads us with defenders to where we cannot block them all.
                      Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Comment

Originally posted by GMenOnDeck View Post
                        Im still facepalming on the 3rd and 1 shotgun direct HB snap with BRADSHAW
                        Part of me is wondering if that was a designed play (since I've NEVER seen killdrive call a direct HB snap) or if Baas whiffed a snap and it just happened to go into Bradshaw's hands...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          Part of me is wondering if that was a designed play (since I've NEVER seen killdrive call a direct HB snap) or if Baas whiffed a snap and it just happened to go into Bradshaw's hands...
                          We've ran that play several times. In 2008, it was very effective for us.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
                            First of all, it is only incomplete when the WR drops the ball. Secondly, we only lose yards when somebody misses a block. Every situation has a play, and plays are not designed to go for negitive yards.
                            Umm I have to disagree, It is in- complete yes when our receiver drops the ball but in most cases I am glad he does or it will be a 7 yard loss. Also our Wrs out there blocking cant block 4 people either. Again this play is called way too many times and I challenge anyone on this board to show me proof of when this has actually worked and for say over 5 yards!!! in the last few years. I think this has worked 1 time in the last 6 years or so. Yet we have run it maybe 40 times.

Comment

Just to clarify this is the WR/Smoke screen as they call it. Sometimes we use a wr and other times we use a rb. So if you see Brown or Bradhsaw or whoever split out wide you can bet it is coming. I am not talking about the regular screen play to the rb.

Comment

Working...
                              X