Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW IS EVERYONE IN TRI-STATE AREA? Sandy Bearing down yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW IS EVERYONE IN TRI-STATE AREA? Sandy Bearing down yet?

I moved away from CT 15 years ago due to job re locating down to Alabama's Gulf Coast. Right near Florida Line. Just wanted to make sure all my Giants buddies are staying safe and taking precautions.

Its Ironic that with me living close to the Gulf of Mexico where Hurricane Threats are a Fact of Life that we had only 1 scare this year and this is your 2nd. crazy...

Well stay out of harms way and hopefully it will weaken and not do hardly any of the damage they think it will..

Post on here when you can to let us guys that live out of the area know how its going. thanks
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

So far it's just rain and some wind, but we're waiting for the other shoe to drop... Everything is closed, mass transit is shut down, they're shutting down the bridges and tunnels later today.

I work in Westchester across the Tappan Zee so I'm glad I don't have to go in... Working from home at least until I lose power and/or internet.

Last time around I lost power for about a week and cable/internet for about 10 days.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND BE SAFE.......
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
        So far it's just rain and some wind, but we're waiting for the other shoe to drop... Everything is closed, mass transit is shut down, they're shutting down the bridges and tunnels later today.

I work in Westchester across the Tappan Zee so I'm glad I don't have to go in... Working from home at least until I lose power and/or internet.

Last time around I lost power for about a week and cable/internet for about 10 days.
        WOW didnt realize people were out of power and Internet that long...was that the one earlier this year (irene) or the one last year (earl)??
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE

Comment

Right now it's rainy and windy. Sandy is supposed to hit later tonight.
          Stay safe everyone.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I feel like I'm watching the live version of Deep Impact or Armageddon

So far just wind and rain ... waiting for tonight.
            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

The good news is that as these storms become more and more common (granted, this is a biggie), we get more and more prepared.

People are hopefully smart enough to know to stay off the roads and close-up unnecessary businesses. Also, the flooding areas should be quite apparent by now.
              Last edited by RagTime Blue; 10-29-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

I'm out here in Suffolk county in Long Island. Very windy and some rain. Still have my power though. It suppose to get bad between 6pm today and 6am tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  WOW didnt realize people were out of power and Internet that long...was that the one earlier this year (irene) or the one last year (earl)??
                  The one that hit last Halloween.
                  8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

On the upside, we might have the world's first underwater subway system in a few hours.

Place needed a cleaning for sure.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Just rain and a little wind now in the Hartford, CT area. I'm working until noon and heading home.

Stay safe Giants fans!
                      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
                        The one that hit last Halloween.
                        yes i think that was Earl. well hopefully this wont be as bad. i guess from what i am hearing the worst could be over night tonight. maybe it will fizzle out some before it hits land

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

you know not that this is even important in a situation like this. we all want to just make sure our families and property is safe after something like this and stuff like the news, elections and Sports comes second. but if this is bad then the giants game for sunday could be cancelled or moved

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

kinda like what they did with the saints game during Katrina where we got the extra home game

4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE

Comment

Raining, winds are starting to pick up. If this thing hits the NJ coast at sub 950 mb (ridiculously low for a cyclone) you can bet your *** NJ Coast, NYC, LI....it will be a disaster.

If any of you live within a few miles of the coast anywhere from south Jersey to LI.....GTFO!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X