Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manning, the offense, and winning masking poor defensive performance!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning, the offense, and winning masking poor defensive performance!

The stats have been there for the past 2 years that the defense is has been not performing well. I don't think we've fully acknowledged it because we are winning freaking Super Bowls! Would the criticism be even warranted? I'm not sure what to think of it all. Do you guys think it's a lack of talent? Is it the defensive scheme and philosophy? Is it the execution? I'm not sure but the fact that we were up 23-0 and almost lost the game brings this concern front and center. What do you guys think?

Wow. I actually think the offense was so bad that the defense is worn down. Did you watch the first quarter? Offense should of made it 40-0. FG after FG, not being able to move the ball, 3 and outs, drops, bad passes, bad execution, predictable playcalling, TCs horrible clock management. Offense almost blew this game in my opinion.
    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

I think the defense is capable of highlight reel plays that a lot of people mistake as "doing their job". Its the other 95% of the game not in the highlight package that the defense worries me.

Comment

I came away saying "if the offense had only taken advantage of all those turnovers"......
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          I came away saying "if the offense had only taken advantage of all those turnovers"......
          Exactly.

How many 3 and outs did we have? Offense was totally predictable and Rob Ryan ate Gilbride for lunch.
          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

It was a sad day for the Offense. Had it not been for the Defense I'm not sure Giants would have even been in the game. Sad. Sad.

Comment

Got to do better against the Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Wow. I actually think the offense was so bad that the defense is worn down. Did you watch the first quarter? Offense should of made it 40-0. FG after FG, not being able to move the ball, 3 and outs, drops, bad passes, bad execution, predictable playcalling, TCs horrible clock management. Offense almost blew this game in my opinion.
                That was definitely true of this past game, but not necessarily the case in a holistic sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                  Got to do better against the Steelers.
                  And we will
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Defense plaid well. based on the fact that they had very little rest. Division games are always tight you know this

Comment

where is the defense that we beat the 49ers with, same players just not playing the same..

Comment

Originally posted by barcode56 View Post
                        Defense plaid well. based on the fact that they had very little rest. Division games are always tight you know this
                        I was talking to a friend during the game yesterday and was mentioning that the defense was either playing lights out or like crap. Think about, if we weren't turning the ball over on defense how many defensive stops did we really have? One? Two? Granted, the offense HAS to take better advantage of those opportunities. We left way too many points on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                          where is the defense that we beat the 49ers with, same players just not playing the same..
                          This.

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymarie View Post
                            It was a sad day for the Offense. Had it not been for the Defense I'm not sure Giants would have even been in the game. Sad. Sad.
                            57 plays by the Giants offense vs 80+ plays by the cowboys offense. I agree our defense was a reason we won that game. Our offense did nothing for most of the game. 62 pass attempts 400 yards passing makes sense to me. I'm honestly not worried about our defense......yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              +1

The offense almost lost us the game. NOT the defense. They played fine. Not only did they play fine, but they stopped 2...TWO game winning drives by the Cowboys. What gives with some people? ...my goodness

Comment

Working...
                              X