Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Luck Giants!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Good Luck Giants!

    But not too much.

    If you haven't figured out yet, i'm a Steelers fan. I'm an administrator of Steelers Xtreme and Steelers Fever, and I've come by today to wish you luck. You're a classy team with classy fans, and I respect your organization. Hope it'll be a good game Sunday, and both teams put on a show!

    Cheers,

    Nate.

  • #2
    Do you think if a team keeps playing bad, they can win a lot of games?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bayz101 View Post
      But not too much.

      If you haven't figured out yet, i'm a Steelers fan. I'm an administrator of Steelers Xtreme and Steelers Fever, and I've come by today to wish you luck. You're a classy team with classy fans, and I respect your organization. Hope it'll be a good game Sunday, and both teams put on a show!

      Cheers,

      Nate.
      Welcome to the boards can you tell me why Pittsburgh fans are so much classier then Philadelphia fans?
      sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bayz101 View Post
        But not too much.

        If you haven't figured out yet, i'm a Steelers fan. I'm an administrator of Steelers Xtreme and Steelers Fever, and I've come by today to wish you luck. You're a classy team with classy fans, and I respect your organization. Hope it'll be a good game Sunday, and both teams put on a show!

        Cheers,

        Nate.
        those were some ugly *** uniformes yetserday. They all looked like the Ham Burgerlar from McDondals years back....lol

        Good Luck and no injuries. Hope to have a great game vs Pitt. Ben may kill with quick outs and slants.
        I like the Giants to bounce back a bit and get more consistent.
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bayz101 View Post
          But not too much.

          If you haven't figured out yet, i'm a Steelers fan. I'm an administrator of Steelers Xtreme and Steelers Fever, and I've come by today to wish you luck. You're a classy team with classy fans, and I respect your organization. Hope it'll be a good game Sunday, and both teams put on a show!

          Cheers,

          Nate.
          As long as you leave the throwback uni's at home

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
            Welcome to the boards can you tell me why Pittsburgh fans are so much classier then Philadelphia fans?
            Can you tell me why you Giants fans are so much classier than Jets fans? I guess it's more of the same. Jets fans can be real *****s, but I've never had a problem with a Giants fan! Thanks for whoopin' Brady's *** twice in the big game, too. I appreciate that ****, haha.

            Comment


            • #7
              I knew I'd get ragged on for the uniforms, but they've grown on most of us. The history of it all, coupled with winning in them, takes the embarrassment factor out of it, haha.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bayz101 View Post
                I knew I'd get ragged on for the uniforms, but they've grown on most of us. The history of it all, coupled with winning in them, takes the embarrassment factor out of it, haha.
                Never seen those before. Has the team worn them as throw backs before????
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                  Welcome to the boards can you tell me why Pittsburgh fans are so much classier then Philadelphia fans?
                  That's kind of like asking why a socially awkward, unsuccessful, unathletic, weakling would be miserable compared to his bodybuilder big brother with the trophy wife and million dollar job.


                  ...and yes the "trophy" part was subtle pun.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bayz101 View Post
                    Can you tell me why you Giants fans are so much classier than Jets fans? I guess it's more of the same. Jets fans can be real *****s, but I've never had a problem with a Giants fan! Thanks for whoopin' Brady's *** twice in the big game, too. I appreciate that ****, haha.
                    No problem I'm hoping for a great game but I don't know if I want it close at the end cause us Giants fans are going to have a heart attack. Just do us a favor and Destroy the Cowboys when you guys play them.
                    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                      Never seen those before. Has the team worn them as throw backs before????
                      ben_jersey.jpg

                      First time since 1934.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bayz101 View Post
                        I knew I'd get ragged on for the uniforms, but they've grown on most of us. The history of it all, coupled with winning in them, takes the embarrassment factor out of it, haha.
                        The only thing missing were the leather helmets. My God those throwbacks were old. lol.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bayz101 View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]314[/ATTACH]

                          First time since 1934.
                          Figured they were early 30s.........has the current team ever use them as throw back unis in the past???
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                            Welcome to the boards can you tell me why Pittsburgh fans are so much classier then Philadelphia fans?
                            I'll take a swing, at least it's my impression. Correct me if I'm wrong bayz101

                            1) Ownership. The Rooneys are top notch, classy owners like our Maras (and the two families are intertwined too)

                            2) The Steelers were actually very terrible; for their first 40 years 1933-1972, they didn't make the playoffs once. But they stayed classy. Not bitter like the Eagles. That class stayed there when they established their winning tradition. They've always had their good foundations underpinning the organization. Like the humble guy who becomes rich but stays a humble person.

                            3) Pittsburgh is a mid-western (formerly) industrial town, more in competition with the likes of Cleveland etc, Philly is an old eastern seaboard town in competition with DC, New York, Boston...
                            Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-29-2012, 12:21 PM.
                            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

                            "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              Figured they were early 30s.........has the current team ever use them as throw back unis in the past???
                              Nope. This is the first time we've used the '34 jerseys as throw backs. We've worn 60's throwbacks since 2007, and switched to the '34 jersey for the 80th season this year.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X