Eli on the Cusp of a VERY Big team Milestone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli on the Cusp of a VERY Big team Milestone

With his next two TD Passes, Eli will tie Phil Simms with the Franchise record for TD passes with 199.

Obviously the third next TD pass will put him over the top with 200.

If you go back to when he was drafted, and is first few years in the league, not many would have thought this day and record was imminent.

Congrats to Eli, and everyone who has helped him along the way.

I hope so. They need to be more aggressive in the redzone with Eli there is no reason for him not to already have broken the record.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

id bet a million bux eli throws 3 tds vs pitt when it just so happens simms is the commentator

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        id bet a million bux eli throws 3 tds vs pitt when it just so happens simms is the commentator
        I'd love that. How do you think Phil Simms would react?
        Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
          I'd love to see that too lol. The question is, would Simms be happy or jealous?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            I'd love to see that too lol. The question is, would Simms be happy or jealous?
            Probably a little of both but Phil has been gracious.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Something tells me Eli doesn't care about these things. I know I don't.

Comment

I think most of us already consider Eli to be the greatest Giant QB of all time

Comment

Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                  Something tells me Eli doesn't care about these things. I know I don't.
                  I'm sure you're right. Of course he cares more about the team as a whole and them winning, but he's going to break the record, and that'll just be another accomplishment under his belt. When he's all said and done with playing the game professionally down the road, I'm sure it'll be nice to reflect on his accomplishments.
                  Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
                    With his next two TD Passes, Eli will tie Phil Simms with the Franchise record for TD passes with 199.

Obviously the third next TD pass will put him over the top with 200.

If you go back to when he was drafted, and is first few years in the league, not many would have thought this day and record was imminent.

Congrats to Eli, and everyone who has helped him along the way.
                    Great info, thanks TR
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Simms has nothing to be jealous about, plenty of todays QB's will hit this mark in the goddell no touching era

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                        Simms has nothing to be jealous about, plenty of todays QB's will hit this mark in the goddell no touching era
                        "No touching" lol

But will it affect Eli's package?
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          "No touching" lol

But will it affect Eli's package?
                          no touching rules and rolle refuses to slap bottoms. this is the nfl now

Comment

Originally posted by G-MANning4Life View Post
                            I'd love that. How do you think Phil Simms would react?
                            Phil would love it.

Phil is one of the nicest Pro Athletes out there, and he never forgot his struggles or where he came from.

A buddy of mine worked as a PR Intern for the GIANTS way back when.

My friend was trying to get a ball signed, for a sick kid, from a player that was difficult to deal with.

My friend asked the player to sign the ball. The Player cursed my friend out and called him several names in the book.

Phil was in the same room, and told the player to cut my friend some slack.

The players stormed out, and Phil said, come over here, I'll sign the ball if you want, tell me what to say.

That is a true story. He would be honored to have a guy like Eli Manning break the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                              no touching rules and rolle refuses to slap bottoms. this is the nfl now
                              Harooni - you have 50,000 posts? Holy hell!

Comment

Working...
                              X