Hurricane Sandy And The Steeler's Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Sandy And The Steeler's Game

First off, I hope everyone is safe and prepared.

I am scheduled to come up next Saturday for Sunday's game. My step-son said there has been talk about postponing the game......has anyone heard anything remotely like that? Nothing about it on NFL.com.

I haven't heard anything about postponing the game, and I doubt it will be. The storm should be over by mid-week and most normalcy should be restored by next weekend.

Pittsburgh is going through the same storm we are, so both team's preparations will be a little off base from what they normally are. It's fair.

Comment

Originally posted by ebick View Post
      First off, I hope everyone is safe and prepared.

I am scheduled to come up next Saturday for Sunday's game. My step-son said there has been talk about postponing the game......has anyone heard anything remotely like that? Nothing about it on NFL.com.
      Won't be cancelled. If they couldn't play the game in NY they would move to a different location. Like they did with the Vikings game 2 years ago. But the storm will be gone by Wednesday so game will be played at MetLife as scheduled.

Comment

Yes i forgot about that. Part of the roof of their stadium collapased and they had to play at a College Field somewhere.

Also remember when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and we got an extra Home Game out of it
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
          Yes i forgot about that. Part of the roof of their stadium collapased and they had to play at a College Field somewhere.

Also remember when Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and we got an extra Home Game out of it
          They played one game at Ford Field in Detroit against the Giants then played their remaining games at University of Minnesota.

Comment

No need to cancel. I'm in CT (but vacationing in FL right now) and the storm is hitting CT now and scheduled to be out of the area by Wednesday am so we'll be just fine for Sunday

Comment

I understand that the storm would be well out of the area by then, but I guess the concern would be about power at that point...if it's lost and not gotten back by then, or any other major messes that the storm leaves behind. Being played somewhere else......not sure how that would help my situation

Comment

Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
                They played one game at Ford Field in Detroit against the Giants then played their remaining games at University of Minnesota.
                Yes correct. I remember now
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE

Comment

Has anyone heard how the Meadowlands Area made out. I am sure its all under water. Whole parking lot area and i woudnt doubt some of the water threating the stadium. Anyone have pics?

4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE

Comment

They'd probably move it to a neutral location before they cancelled as long as transportation was still possible.

Comment

oh i dont think there is anyway the cancel. They would move it for sure. i was just wondering if anyone had any pics or video of the stadium area

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

I hope everybody made it OK. It truly would be ironic if they had to play in Pittsburgh and give that home game back.

Comment

There is serious flooding nearby Moonachie but I don't think it affects East Rutherford
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Don't have any pictures or video, but on "Fox and Friends" News Show they announced that some sort of levy or wall gave way which flooded Carlstadt and 2 other towns. Carlstadt is right behind Giants Stadium (Patterson Plank Road-Route 120). If the flood is as bad as they where saying on Fox News then Giants Stadium had to get it. The parking lots will all be under water at minimum.

Comment

I know Eli lives in Hoboken. Where do most of the other players live?

Comment

Working...
                              X