Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replayed the game.....Dallas was getting about 2 seconds after each snap.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Replayed the game.....Dallas was getting about 2 seconds after each snap.

    I DVR'd the game. During the final drive, it was very clear that the clock didn't start until 1 second after the snap.

    Replaying the game, I got to "2-mississippi" before 1 second came off the game clock following each snap.

    I suggest people check it out themselves.......very sneaky.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

  • #2
    Tom Coughlin brought up a good point. How do you run 3 plays in under 10 seconds?

    Comment


    • #3
      I already checked it when I got home. Taped the game. But we noticed the slowness of the clock while sitting in the stands. It was far more noticeable than the NFL said. jmo

      Comment


      • #4
        The NFL needs to follow the lead of NBA and NHL, and in the final minute of a period, show the time down to the 1/10th of a second.

        This is the perfect opportunity for the NFL to act. That is, before a playoff fiasco.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
          I DVR'd the game. During the final drive, it was very clear that the clock didn't start until 1 second after the snap.

          Replaying the game, I got to "2-mississippi" before 1 second came off the game clock following each snap.

          I suggest people check it out themselves.......very sneaky.
          should upload a video to youtube!

          I'm sure many people, like myself, were completely unaware of it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Neither Fox nor the NFL wanted us to win that game........you guys who complained about the replacement refs should be ashamed of yourselves.......these crooks are back in full swing pandering to Las Vegas and "America's Team" our WR's were being blatantly held all day........on the opposite we were being called for contact "within" the 5 yd buffer all day long.....one of them negating Tuck's sack

            The spot on Bradshaws 3rd down run was off by 18 inches...........the last giant punt was re positioned 20 yds upfield for the Cowboys

            Thank God we hae Stevie Brown to counter all this nonsense.

            Comment


            • #7
              What exactly happened will be difficult to prove, but the remedy for the future is simple. It has nothing to do with putting the right person in charge of keeping time. It has everything to do with keeping that person accountable by knowing exactly when time is started and stopped, and if time is started and stopped several times during a play.

              Practically speaking, show the fractions of a second so we know when time is started and stopped. This will also help correct honest errors after the play.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                What exactly happened will be difficult to prove, but the remedy for the future is simple. It has nothing to do with putting the right person in charge of keeping time. It has everything to do with keeping that person accountable by knowing exactly when time is started and stopped, and if time is started and stopped several times during a play.

                Practically speaking, show the fractions of a second so we know when time is started and stopped. This will also help correct honest errors after the play.
                It was definitely very subtle.....but I replayed it, and you can tell that they didn't start the clock until Romo had the ball in his hands and was moving his feet....I'm guessing the clock started about 1 second after the snap.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                Comment


                • #9
                  why is it so hard to believe.....just before that -
                  we ran 3 running plays AND punted in 23 seconds. (LOL)
                  due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                  my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                    It was definitely very subtle.....but I replayed it, and you can tell that they didn't start the clock until Romo had the ball in his hands and was moving his feet....I'm guessing the clock started about 1 second after the snap.
                    I believe you, and it should be a wake-up call to the NFL. I'm less concerned with punishing people than I am about getting it right next time, and improving the quality of the game.

                    It's unfortunate that the NFL lags 15 years behind NBA and NHL with this issue.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by primetime View Post
                      Tom Coughlin brought up a good point. How do you run 3 plays in under 10 seconds?
                      To be perfectly honest, looking at it as 3 plays in 10 seconds is a little bit of a distorted view. It was really two plays in 9 seconds, and then third is run with 1 second left. It is reasonable to think that you could run 2 plays in 9 seconds being that the average snap to release for normal plays is somewhere in the range of 2.5 seconds. Plus, the pass to Witten on the sidelines was a quick pass play that was probably released in 2 seconds or under, which would allot 5 seconds or so for the play to Austin.

                      Now I haven't re-watched the game at all, and it very well could be that they were given an extra second, but just looking at it objectively its not like its impossible to run 3 plays.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by johnson View Post
                        To be perfectly honest, looking at it as 3 plays in 10 seconds is a little bit of a distorted view. It was really two plays in 9 seconds, and then third is run with 1 second left. It is reasonable to think that you could run 2 plays in 9 seconds being that the average snap to release for normal plays is somewhere in the range of 2.5 seconds. Plus, the pass to Witten on the sidelines was a quick pass play that was probably released in 2 seconds or under, which would allot 5 seconds or so for the play to Austin.

                        Now I haven't re-watched the game at all, and it very well could be that they were given an extra second, but just looking at it objectively its not like its impossible to run 3 plays.
                        Good point. That last play, the clock was on zero, and could've taken all day if needed. But suspicion of time keepers will continue until we know for sure whether the clock is running or not, and watching whole seconds tick off does not do that.

                        In theory, the timekeeper may have stopped and re-started the clock several times during each of the last 3 plays. . .or even before that.

                        The fact that they had to add four seconds to the clock might mean the operator lost track of whether he had the switch "on" or "off", having switched it many times during the play. Coincidence??? Maybe.

                        If the league wants to show clean hands, they have to adopt a fractional-second clock.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RagTime Blue View Post
                          The NFL needs to follow the lead of NBA and NHL, and in the final minute of a period, show the time down to the 1/10th of a second.

                          This is the perfect opportunity for the NFL to act. That is, before a playoff fiasco.
                          Unlike the NBA or NHL, where play is continuous until the time runs out to end the period/game, in the NFL, if a play starts before the end of a period, it continues until the ball is blown dead regardless of how long that play takes. Therefore, absolutely no need for showing time in finer increments than full seconds.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                            It was definitely very subtle.....but I replayed it, and you can tell that they didn't start the clock until Romo had the ball in his hands and was moving his feet....I'm guessing the clock started about 1 second after the snap.
                            What about the rest of the game? Was this being done consistently throughout? And what about when the Giants had the ball?

                            You guys who DVR'd it could check this out.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Faded Blue View Post
                              Unlike the NBA or NHL, where play is continuous until the time runs out to end the period/game, in the NFL, if a play starts before the end of a period, it continues until the ball is blown dead regardless of how long that play takes. Therefore, absolutely no need for showing time in finer increments than full seconds.
                              I understand your point about the last play of a game or period.

                              But some seem to think that the clock was not started when play began. . .on the plays PRECEDING the final one. Such behavior could potentially allow for an additional play (or more).

                              I suspect the timekeeper may have even stopped and started the clock several times during a single play (not nec. the final play of the game).

                              With finer increments, such chicanery would be impossible.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X