if andre brown could pass protect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if andre brown could pass protect

we would have a great runnng game. Brown should be our premiere back but if he cant protect Eli like Bradshaw hes not going to surpass him. Same thing for Wilson.

Bradshaw ain't been protectin' crap lately either.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

He seemed to do a pretty good job in the 2 games he played in. Yes he messed up once. That was more technique. He knew his assignment, but didn't execute properly. I'm sure he has been coached up on that.
      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
        He seemed to do a pretty good job in the 2 games he played in. Yes he messed up once. That was more technique. He knew his assignment, but didn't execute properly. I'm sure he has been coached up on that.
        yeah , he flat out got Eli sacked or something......i forget honestly.....but i remember the commentators
        pointing out something like that ...i didn't see it so i don't 'spose i really shoulda said anything.

open mouth insert foot.
        not the first time.
        Last edited by stormblue; 10-31-2012, 03:21 AM.
        due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
        my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Originally posted by stormblue View Post
          yeah , he flat out got Eli sacked or something......i forget honestly.....but i remember the commentators
          pointing out something like that ...i didn't see it so i don't 'spose i really shoulda said anything.

open mouth insert foot.
          not the first time.
          Yeah , He didn't step up and meet him more at the line. The guy got a head of steam and beat him and got to Eli. Wasn't a crushing hit, but no hit on Eli is to my liking.
          # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Brown totally missed his guy in the Panther's game and Eli got crushed (the only sack of the game for Eli). Since then he can't pass protect...

Comment

Whos says Brown cant pass protect? Lol give me a break..

Comment

Nothing like making up stories/senarios to flame the board.........not going to bite Sorry!!!

Comment

I agree. BJ was always our best pass protector the pass few years. I've seen Bradshaw on many occasions missed picking up the blitz because he was more concern with trying to get open for a pass then protecting Eli.
                  Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
                    I agree. BJ was always our best pass protector the pass few years. I've seen Bradshaw on many occasions missed picking up the blitz because he was more concern with trying to get open for a pass then protecting Eli.
                    You are absolutely WRONG. Bradshaw has been a great pass protecting back for years on this team. His technique is superb, especially picking up the blitz. If he tried to get open for a pass, maybe it is because that is the play that's called.

Comment

Anyone who says Brown can't pass protect is clueless. The sack Brown gave up was against a DE 1 on 1. That is a blown assignment by an offensive lineman and not Brown's fault. RB's are assigned to pick up blitzing LB's and DB's and Brown does that just fine, but Bradshaw is better at it and is why he is on the field so much.

Comment

Originally posted by G.I. Ants View Post
                        You are absolutely WRONG. Bradshaw has been a great pass protecting back for years on this team. His technique is superb, especially picking up the blitz. If he tried to get open for a pass, maybe it is because that is the play that's called.
                        You are nuts if you think Bradshaw is better pass blocker than BJ. I've seen Eli lean into Bradshaw time after time when he does exactly what I am talking about. Eli doesn't get sack as much as other QBs because when plays break down he throws the ball away. Eli is really good at it. This attribute makes the entire line and RB seem like better pass protectors. Our oline sucked last years and it isn't the best this year, but Eli wasn't getting sacked as much as other QBs in the league. Why is that?
                        Last edited by nycisgreat; 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM.
                        Reese, gone. Check! Bench McAdoo Doo, gone. Check! Let's Giants 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by nycisgreat View Post
                          You are nuts if you think Bradshaw is better pass blocker than BJ. I've seen Eli lean into Bradshaw time after time when he does exactly what I am talking about. Eli doesn't get sack as much as other QBs because when plays break down he throws the ball away. Eli is really good at it. This attribute makes the entire line and RB seem like better pass protectors. Our oline sucked last years and it isn't the best this year, but Eli wasn't getting sacked as much as other QBs in the league. Why is that?
                          Nice try. Last year BJ had a -0.7 pass block rating at PFF, and Bradshaw's was +3.4

Comment

What does that mean?
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Bradshaw is a very good pass-protecting running back, among the best in the league at his position.

However, Brown came out of college with a good reputation as a pass-protector as well. Yes, he did have one missed assignment in the Carolina game, but IIRC, it was a late pickup, not a completely blown block.

Long story short, pass-protection is not a weakness for Brown. And given the limited amount of work he's getting, I can't see that as being an excuse to keep him on the bench.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X