Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hosley Ready To Correct Week 8 Mistakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hosley Ready To Correct Week 8 Mistakes

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...eek-8-mistakes

    Excerpt: "It’s a balancing act for Jayron Hosley when it comes to his aggressiveness matching up against receivers. He needs to be firm, but at the same time, he can’t cost his team three defensive penalties like he did in last week’s 29-24 win against the Cowboys.

    “I don’t want to take the aggressive part away, it’s just using my hands more in my jam,” Hosley said. “There were some good plays I put out there on film and some plays I could have done better on. It’s adjusting and knowing what I need to improve on and doing that this week and keep progressing.”

    Hand work, among other details, is a key focus for Hosley heading into Sunday’s game after last week’s struggles. While the rookie did have a tough matchup in Dallas’ Miles Austin last weekend, the veteran receiver continually got the best of the rookie and drew some key flags during the game.

    "For him to go against Miles Austin, Miles Austin is a really good receiver and Miles taught him a couple of things in that game that he’ll take moving forward,” Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell said. “So every time that he lines up, every snap that he takes, he learns and he tries to get better.”

    Primarily assigned to cover Austin, although Prince Amukamara did as well, Hosley had trouble against him as the receiver finished with nine catches for 133 yards. Late in the game, Hosley’s hands got him into trouble as Dallas tried to take the lead late in the game." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Hosley had a rough game, but that's expected from a rookie going against good receivers. He will take this as a learning experience and move foward.

    Comment


    • #3
      A lot of those flags were horrible calls. Hosli did get burned quite a bit, but those penalties were not warranted I do like how he can learn from this game though. You can just see the skills he has he actually got the better of Austin on those jams to the point where he got flagged for no reason other then Austin looked like he was getting beat up. That said I want to see some of those Mirroring abilities. We will need him to have a good game up against Pittsburgh's three talented wide receivers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        A lot of those flags were horrible calls. Hosli did get burned quite a bit, but those penalties were not warranted I do like how he can learn from this game though. You can just see the skills he has he actually got the better of Austin on those jams to the point where he got flagged for no reason other then Austin looked like he was getting beat up. That said I want to see some of those Mirroring abilities. We will need him to have a good game up against Pittsburgh's three talented wide receivers.
        Those were the most ticky tack calls I've ever seen. The Dallas corners were getting away with murder. Pretty awfully officiated game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hosley has so much upside if he can just get his technique up to the NFL level he's going to be a star before long. I like that we have him and Stevie Brown moving up together.
          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-03-2012, 02:43 PM.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Hoisley has so much upside if he can just get his technique up to the NFL level he's going to be a star before long. I like that we have him and Stevie Brown moving up together.
            Yeah the future is bright with our secondary. Hosely
            said he left college early because the competition wasn't up to his level, I believe him now. I have really got to believe we have two potential legitimate lock down corners in prince and hosely

            Comment


            • #7
              He took his lumps, which is to be expected. Miles is no slouch.

              Sounds like he's got good perspective, though and most importantly -- he's not lacking in the confidence department.

              His matchup won't always be so tough. He's got a bright future!

              Comment


              • #8
                Hosley and the Giants secondary will be put to the test again against the Steelers with their 3-WR combo of Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders plus TE Heath Miller.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  Hosley has so much upside if he can just get his technique up to the NFL level he's going to be a star before long. I like that we have him and Stevie Brown moving up together.
                  Agreed
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That illegal touching penalty on Hosley was a bunch of bull.I hope that doesn't make him hesitant to play his style of ball cause that is exactly what this secondary needs is to be physical and aggressive. With Hosley and Prince the future is bright the question to me is when is Webster going to get it together. He will have a great game then stink it up the next. With Phillips coming back I think this will help those three out a lot.
                    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                      That illegal touching penalty on Hosley was a bunch of bull.I hope that doesn't make him hesitant to play his style of ball cause that is exactly what this secondary needs is to be physical and aggressive. With Hosley and Prince the future is bright the question to me is when is Webster going to get it together. He will have a great game then stink it up the next. With Phillips coming back I think this will help those three out a lot.
                      What I hated was how Dallas's DB's were able to do whatever the frick they wanted too. Let's have some consistency refs....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                        What I hated was how Dallas's DB's were able to do whatever the frick they wanted too. Let's have some consistency refs....
                        Yeah omg did you see that play where Eli threw it to Nicks and Claiborne first was on his back then reached around him and knocked out the football and he was all over him before the ball even got there... it should've been a pi.The Dallas corners are very ,very good I admit that....but I find it hard to believe they had Cruz, Nicks,and everyone else blanketed.
                        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I saw Cruz getting held all game by Carr. It was really frustrating to watch. I thought it was UCF.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                          http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't know if anyone noticed, but everytime Romo threw an incomplete to Austin, his hands would be up in the air. Having said that, there are many times I see our receivers mugged, like grabbed and nothing gets called.
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Those were some ticky-tack hometown calls against Hosley.

                              Yeah he was aggressive, but most everything I saw happened inside 5 yards.

                              I hope he stays aggressive.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X