Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrus waived, Beckum activated

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    According to @mortreport, Giants have placed guard Mitch Petrus on waivers and activated tight end Travis Beckum from the PUP list.

Beckum Activated, Petrus Waived

Adam Schefter just tweeted that the Giants activated TE Travis Beckum from the PUP list, and cut OL Mitch Petrus to make room for him.

Comment

Not at all surprised with Pacsoe being banged up.

Comment

I wonder if Petrus gets picked up. If not, do we put him on the PS?

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
          I wonder if Petrus gets picked up. If not, do we put him on the PS?
          He's not PS eligible. Doubt he gets picked up his regression has been shocking.

Comment

Yea, I was thinking we would sign Petrus to the PS.

Comment

"I BELIEVE IN BEKUM!!" (Deon voice)
              Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Hopefully he performs well. He made some big plays late last year. My only concern right now is that we only have 8 active O-Lineman. But that should at least get us through a game without a huge problem. But if someone gets hurt it would probably require a transaction.

Comment

No PS eligibility if has played 9 regular season games or been on an active roster for over a year. I don't think he qualifies.

Comment

Originally posted by rtr1105 View Post
                    Hopefully he performs well. He made some big plays late last year. My only concern right now is that we only have 8 active O-Lineman. But that should at least get us through a game without a huge problem. But if someone gets hurt it would probably require a transaction.
                    Helps that Diehl and Booth can play multiple positions.

Comment

I'm not doubting the coaches, but I don't understand them. Beckum isn't a TE. . .let's be real here.

I guess the feel they can always activate Petrus if and when they need him. I hope Belicheck doesn't need a Guard.

Comment

Mildly surprising, but the decision makes sense. Especially since Beckum's fellow draftmates (Barden, Beatty, Brown) finally started to show a lot of progress this season. It probably confirmed the coaches' decision to stay the course and remain patient with him.

Comment

I'm a little surprised because I've not seen anything from Beckum, but Petrus' time was borrowed after being released earlier.
                          Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-03-2012, 02:37 PM.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by SackingMyths View Post
                            Mildly surprising, but the decision makes sense. Especially since Beckum's fellow draftmates (Barden, Beatty, Brown) finally started to show a lot of progress this season. It probably confirmed the coaches' decision to stay the course and remain patient with him.
                            That and he was starting to make some plays at the end of last season. Hopefully he can help the Giants in the Green Zone.

Comment

Hanaha I believe in Beckum too Marv.

Comment

Working...
                              X