Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nicks said they are doubling him & cruz and its forcing us to run the ball more.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicks said they are doubling him & cruz and its forcing us to run the ball more.

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/vi...4-44ccc5c46145

He also said its freeing up 1v1's for the 3rd wide out (hixon) and the tight end (bennett). He said that during the cowboys game they were playing press at the line and keeping a safety over the top.

If the run isnt working, and cruz and nicks are getting double teamed, is it important we still stick with the run? and hope it opens up, or should gilbride try to design more plays to try and get some other guys the ball?
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-03-2012, 01:12 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

The big reason why I said the Giants have a special type of offense is cause of Hixon and Reuben. Those two or one of those two should bring extra big talent. Backs should also contribute in the passing game just as well as the running game.

Comment

Why we rarely ever pass to the RB or screen passes...anything to get the run going and slow down the rush is beyond me.

I've heard Wilson has good hands, why dont we put him in for a series or two and after a few touches and a couple play actions, throw him a swing pass, or screen, or something over the middle? The predictability of this offense is beyond annoying.

Comment

So teams are going with the Belicheck game plan. Hixon or Randle need to become more of a factor...or Bennett.

Comment

Well we should be able to Handle that kind of Defensive look. Randall, Hixon, bennett we have guys who could beat one on one coverage or should be able to every time.

Comment

Wilson will make teams pay for teams using that type of defense because if he can catch a pass in the flat with everyone else manned up and double teamed, Wilson will burn Any player in the NFL 1v1 in space. We got to be able to ensure Wilson can handle that duty come post season time it is something that could win us a game or two or more

Comment

Hixon needs to step up and win his one-on-one battles. Can't double team everyone.

Comment

A complete 180 from what teams were doing a few years ago. They used to make Eli beat them and stop the run. Now they realize Eli is an Elite Qb and switched their style up.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                  Wilson will make teams pay for teams using that type of defense because if he can catch a pass in the flat with everyone else manned up and double teamed, Wilson will burn Any player in the NFL 1v1 in space. We got to be able to ensure Wilson can handle that duty come post season time it is something that could win us a game or two or more
                  +1

Im pulling my ****ing hair out waiting for them to unleash this kid. You know they will, its just a matter of time.... tick...tock...tick.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                    +1

Im pulling my ****ing hair out waiting for them to unleash this kid. You know they will, its just a matter of time.... tick...tock...tick.
                    I'll add another
                    +1.

Comment

Originally posted by The Notorious B.I.G BLUE View Post
                      So teams are going with the Belicheck game plan.
                      All offseason I was afraid that's what would happen with it being a copycat league.

But these things tend to come full circle, so IF our run game can consistently make them pay for keeping 7 in the box, play action and one-on-one opportunities will open back up for Nicks and VC.

Comment

Not everyone has the players ,that Dallas has to play that way. I think Nicks isn't a 100% yet cause to me there is no reason for the guy not to beat double coverage more times then not. Now Hixon and Randle do need to make the plays when the have single coverage and for the most part they have...it was really just the two Dallas games that they all struggled. I don't get the Bennett stuff...why people are calling this guy lazy and and can't catch. This is his first year in a complicated offense to me he has been doing very well. He started off the season strong and now people expect him to play like that all the time. It's just not going to happen and the further we go into the season Bennett will be huge for us in the passing and running game. Bennett even said that he thought his best game was the San Fran game and he didn't have a lot of yards and catches that shows you this guy cares more about his overall game then just getting yards and TD's cause he knows they will come.
                        Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-03-2012, 02:43 PM.
                        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                          Not everyone has the players ,that Dallas has to play that way. I think Nicks isn't a 100% yet cause to me there is no reason for the guy not to beat double coverage more times then not. Now Hixon and Randle do need to make the plays when the have single coverage and for the most part they have...it was really just the two Dallas games that they all struggled. I don't get the Bennett stuff...why people are calling this guy lazy and and can't catch. This is his first year in a complicated offense to me he has been doing very well. He started off the season strong and now people expect him to play like that all the time. It's just not going to happen and the further we go into the season Bennett will be huge for us in the passing and running game. Bennett even said that he thought his best game was the San Fran game and he didn't have a lot of yards and catches that shows you this guy cares more about his overall game then just getting yards and TD's cause he knows they will come.
                          i like bennett dont get me wrong. i just dont like the fact he has dropped a number of easy catches that were right in his hands. Nicks used to have the same problem and cruz still does it.The only difference is that cruz drops passes mostly because hes ready to run before he catches the ball. its something that can be worked on, but it worries me more with bennett
                          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by CowboysSuck View Post
                            Why we rarely ever pass to the RB or screen passes...anything to get the run going and slow down the rush is beyond me.

I've heard Wilson has good hands, why dont we put him in for a series or two and after a few touches and a couple play actions, throw him a swing pass, or screen, or something over the middle? The predictability of this offense is beyond annoying.
                            Whenever we do pass to the RB, it's on a very obvious and predictable play with Eli alone in the backfield sending the RB in motion to the flat. It is so obvious, I know they're going to pass to the running back every single time, we did it twice vs Dallas and I called it both times. Surprised we didn't get pick 6'd for pulling that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                              i like bennett dont get me wrong. i just dont liek the fact he has dropped a number of easy catches that were right in his hands. Nicks used to have the same problem and cruz still does it. its something that can be worked on though.
                              I agree with you he does need to get better but the guy has played very well for us in his overall game. Just imagine what this guy can do with two years in the system and working with Eli all offseason with knowing the play book....skies the limit for him. I just think that when he drops a pass as opposed to Cruz or Nicks we are all quick to point it out. I look at it like this the guy will only get better and as the season goes on and if what Nicks says what is happening to him Cruz when defenses play them, Bennett will prove his worth as the season progresses.
                              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                              X