This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
    I'd bet you he will perform just as good as Eli!
    I said that because the OP is the biggest simms homer in the world... Simms was good, but nothing spectacular.

That said, Eli is nothing to write home about the past couple weeks either...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

our Defense is schizo too fellas, let's be fair.

we lived and tonight we died because of the victory from behind BS

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by 2178 View Post
        Eli did not give up 14 points in the last quarter. Just saying.
        Our defense scored the same amount of TD's that our offense did.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Many are willing to sing Eli's praises but not bemoan his failures. A quirk of nature I guess
          Eli lovers and loathers see things only the way they want to see them. They're like a guy who is with their first girlfriend. She could be cheating on him all of the time and the guy refuses to believe it even though the truth is in the front of his face. I think you get the point I am trying to make.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Many are willing to sing Eli's praises but not bemoan his failures. A quirk of nature I guess
            Nailed it, RF
            The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Eli Manning is not playing well right now at all. Way too much talent on the offensive side of the ball (Eli included) to be performing like this. We live and die by big plays, and we aren't hitting them consistently, so the offense lacks rhythm right now.. We need to focus on developing the intermediate passing game to develop a rhythm on O.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Eli Manning is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

People just need to be patient with him.
                "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  ........anymore about our Hall of Fame QB.
                  he has flat sucked for 5 games now. The defense has bailed him out with turnovers and clutch play. But I told you all that we couldn't beat the Steelers playing the same way we've been playing.
                  Our offense, led by Eli has been horrific.
                  Stop with all the "best QB in the NFL" crap. He needs to step it up because our schedule is brutal from here on.

So get your head out of your *** Eli and start being the player these foolish Cultists think you are.

Now go ahead and give me **** people!!!!!!
                  He's played bad - can you apply that same scrutinizing analysis of the D?

Comment

Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                    Eli lovers and loathers see things only the way they want to see them. They're like a guy who is with their first girlfriend. She could be cheating on him all of the time and the guy refuses to believe it even though the truth is in the front of his face. I think you get the point I am trying to make.
                    I think we should close the boards down after a loss to allow for mourning, but then we'd probably have to do it after ugly wins as well. Hurry up Wednesday
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      ........anymore about our Hall of Fame QB.
                      he has flat sucked for 5 games now. The defense has bailed him out with turnovers and clutch play. But I told you all that we couldn't beat the Steelers playing the same way we've been playing.
                      Our offense, led by Eli has been horrific.
                      Stop with all the "best QB in the NFL" crap. He needs to step it up because our schedule is brutal from here on.

So get your head out of your *** Eli and start being the player these foolish Cultists think you are.

Now go ahead and give me **** people!!!!!!
                      Eli has looked subpar to avg at best the passed few games Morehead. But Eli has carried the Giants plenty. I think the lack of a run game hurts. Bradshaw is done as a quality starter, and Diehl flat out sucks as a starter. The coaching staff needs to do a better job of making adjustments as well. So as you can see, there is plenty of blame to go around.

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                        our Defense is schizo too fellas, let's be fair.

we lived and tonight we died because of the victory from behind BS
                        You can't be serious did you look at the TOP...I mean they were on the field the whole game basically cause Eli and this offense didn't do anything.
                        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                          He's played bad - can you apply that same scrutinizing analysis of the D?
                          How many three and outs did we have in the second half? Do you expect our defense to hold them with no help from the offense?
                          Our defense scored a TD. Our defense picked a ball off in their territory and we did our usual on offense.....Nothing!
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                            I'm going to go out on a limb and say Eli Manning is capable of winning a Super Bowl.

People just need to be patient with him.
                            I know this is a cliche, but what has he done for us lately? I'm not a hater, he;s won two Super Bowls, but if anyone think he's played like THAT QB over several recent games, please invite me to watch on your TV because mine has been lying to me.

The reality is it's one game after a four game winning streak. And while there has been a history of second half collapses, I prefer to wait for game 17 to decide if it materialized.
                            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              You can't be serious did you look at the TOP...I mean they were on the field the whole game basically cause Eli and this offense didn't do anything.
                              I am serious. facts are facts and YES Eli has regressed the last 3 or 4 games, but he can't be blamed for everything.

he didn't surrender a 10pt lead, the Defense did that. They play soft at the damnedest times...this is a TEAM loss.

and the coaches deserve some ***-chewing too

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
                                I am serious. facts are facts and YES Eli has regressed the last 3 or 4 games, but he can't be blamed for everything.

he didn't surrender a 10pt lead, the Defense did that. They play soft at the damnedest times...this is a TEAM loss.

and the coaches deserve some ***-chewing too
                                It's never one player's fault. But today, the defense played well enough to win if we had mounted an offense

Comment

Working...
                                X