Why don't we dink and dunk more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't we dink and dunk more?

The deep throw is not working anymore, and it seems as if that's the only play we have in the playbook to move the chains. Shouldn't we be throwing short to intermediate passes instead?
    Mood: WOOF!

It's not in the playbook.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
      It's not in the playbook.
      :O

Comment

I love screen passes and we run them well..............but do not call them but once every 3 games

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          The deep throw is not working anymore, and it seems as if that's the only play we have in the playbook to move the chains. Shouldn't we be throwing short to intermediate passes instead?
          they are jamming our receivers a lot at the line and putting a safety over the top. what needs to happen is for hixon to step up and for bennett to stop dropping passes since nicks cant get open.
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Killdrive strikes yet again

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            beccause Gillbride is an unadaptive QB coach that has no business being an NFL OC ... and btw it is in the playbook. Just not in the game plan. We used to throw inside slants, WR and Te screens but it gets lost in translation. Our offense has been horrible, not even mediocre for 5 of the 9 games we've played. Coming off the storm and playing a quality team like steelers I'm not in panic mode about yesterday but our offense can't can't I mean can't expect to play one qtr of football per game and succeed. Why is Diehl stating over Locks? We surrendered 8 sacks this season four of them on Diehl. When Diehl was hurt we gave up one sack. Why does Bradshaw still have a start? Wilson fumbled once he's in "Coughlin's doghouse" guess what? Bradshaw has been fumbling since he's been here but he's the starter. Brown is very productive. Wilson as a change up is proven. Finally .... Fourth qtr 3 mins left, the opposition has been running the ball down ur throat, your offense has suffered (5) 3 and outs you're down by four points... should u kick the ball back to an offense that has already put up two TD's on your defense in the fourth qtr alone?
            Last edited by diewreck; 11-05-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

the short passing ball control to keep getting first downs and sustain a drive chapter
              seems to be missing from the playbook.

it's called west coast offense....and i guess we don't use that chapter any more.
              due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
              my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

I totally just covered that in the post I just made... Gilbride doesn't make adjustments. ^^^

Comment

has KG ever seen a SLANT before? How about, oh idk, a crossing route over the middle to Wilson coming out of the backfield? I mean something. Just anything simple and short to make sure we arent in 3rd and 10 every possession. My goodness, you'd think KG is actually a big Troll afterall..

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                    they are jamming our receivers a lot at the line and putting a safety over the top. what needs to happen is for hixon to step up and for bennett to stop dropping passes since nicks cant get open.
                    Your right about Bennette, dropping passes ! I Like Bennette a Lot , now I am having second thoughts about him..........

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                      and sit Nicks down and use a healthy receiver who can get a little separation.
                      Hixon is way faster than Nicks...even when he's healthy.
                      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

What needs to happen is Eli needs to get it together and hit his WRs and stop making that dumb shrug face trying to act like the WR ran a bad route. What the hell was Eli thinking on that play that got Cruz knocked out? Thats the bad Eli, all over again.
                        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Why all the Bennett hate? He was targeted 4 times and had 3 catches.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                            What needs to happen is Eli needs to get it together and hit his WRs and stop making that dumb shrug face trying to act like the WR ran a bad route. What the hell was Eli thinking on that play that got Cruz knocked out? Thats the bad Eli, all over again.
                            Eli has not been playing well, but it's not just him. Time and time again receivers are just dropping passes. Eli and the receivers are not on page. Receivers are being jammed and doubled team and we are STILL throwing 50 yard bombs. That's playcalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                              Why all the Bennett hate? He was targeted 4 times and had 3 catches.
                              We aren't using him effectively either..I know he blocks, but our passing game is slowing all the way down and we need him in there catching passes.

Comment

Working...
                              X