Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Sullivan the true genius behind ELIte?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Was Sullivan the true genius behind ELIte?

    It seems to me like Sullivan's coaching is very missed in the passing game. Eli has regressed all the way back from Tom Brady-level to Brady Quinn level. Meanwhile, Freeman in TB is having a career year. Hell, I've taken to starting him on my fantasy team. Is there something here?

    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

  • #2
    The whole offense took one giant (no pun intended) step backwards. Eli and company.
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      It seems to me like Sullivan's coaching is very missed in the passing game. Eli has regressed all the way back from Tom Brady-level to Brady Quinn level. Meanwhile, Freeman in TB is having a career year. Hell, I've taken to starting him on my fantasy team. Is there something here?
      55.7% completion percentage for Freeman is a Career year? You have low standards.
      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by repeatchamps View Post
        55.7% completion percentage for Freeman is a Career year? You have low standards.
        Since TB's Bye week, he's had 100+ QB rating EVERY SINGLE WEEK... you can't say that's not a career year...

        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

        Comment


        • #5
          stupid post
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

          2015 season tbd

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
            stupid post
            How would you explain Eli sucking then? I thought he was ELITE... Now I can't even defend him from all the GB and SF haters anymore.

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              After 2010 (Sullivan's first season as the QB coach) and Eli's 25 interceptions, there were questions of whether Eli needed Chris Palmer to be a good QB. Then Eli had a great 2011 season. He started this season strong and he's in a cold streak right now the last few games. It happens.

              A 31 year old QB who has two super bowl MVPs, has been playing the position his entire life, and has been considered one of the best QBs in the league, doesn't forget how to play QB because a QB coach leaves for another team. If he does, he wasn't much of a QB to begin with. Eli will be fine.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TrueBlue2180 View Post
                After 2010 (Sullivan's first season as the QB coach) and Eli's 25 interceptions, there were questions of whether Eli needed Chris Palmer to be a good QB. Then Eli had a great 2011 season. He started this season strong and he's in a cold streak right now the last few games. It happens.

                A 31 year old QB who has two super bowl MVPs, has been playing the position his entire life, and has been considered one of the best QBs in the league, doesn't forget how to play QB because a QB coach leaves for another team. If he does, he wasn't much of a QB to begin with. Eli will be fine.
                True Elite QBs don't complete 41.7% of their passes or post a 41.1 QBR. It just doesn't happen. Even Rodgers or Brady on off-days have better games.

                And he's been regressing for 2 games now. Even as late as the Washington game he was going at least decent (65%, 78.9 QBR), but it's taken a huge nosedive ever since...

                I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  True Elite QBs don't complete 41.7% of their passes or post a 41.1 QBR. It just doesn't happen. Even Rodgers or Brady on off-days have better games.

                  And he's been regressing for 2 games now. Even as late as the Washington game he was going at least decent (65%, 78.9 QBR), but it's taken a huge nosedive ever since...
                  Rodgers completed 46.7% of his passes yesterday (albeit, in a win).

                  Let's assume arguendo, Eli is not actually elite? Who cares? He's shown he's capable of playing great to elite. He's capable of winning football games and he's capable of winning Super Bowls. He's the best quarterback I've ever watched in a Giants uniform (including Simms) and I know someday I will long for the days of Eli Manning.

                  Yes, he's had two bad games. If that persists, we have a problem. Right now I'll take it as Eli not playing well for two games, and have confidence he'll bounce back in the long run.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    Since TB's Bye week, he's had 100+ QB rating EVERY SINGLE WEEK... you can't say that's not a career year...
                    Absurd! 4 good games doesn't make a career year. I fully expect Freeman to disintegrate back down to mediocre at best as the season progresses. If you don't you are wearing rose colored glasses.
                    Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                      How would you explain Eli sucking then? I thought he was ELITE... Now I can't even defend him from all the GB and SF haters anymore.
                      Sure you can, when Eli faced the current iterations of the Packers and 49ers in the playoffs last year in the biggest spots he outshined Rodgers and Smith easily.
                      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                        How would you explain Eli sucking then? I thought he was ELITE... Now I can't even defend him from all the GB and SF haters anymore.
                        I'm sorry, but wasn't Rodgers off in the beginning of the year? Brady was off too.
                        They didn't go from elite to horrible. They ADJUSTED. Something wasn't working so they fixed it.
                        Something isn't working for us and we are having a hard time fixing it.
                        Eli didn't just start sucking out of the blue.
                        Teams figured out how to stop our offense and it's killing Eli and the rest of the team.
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                          stupid post
                          not only stupid but sad...we srsly have some terrible fans...It's like some people have never watched football...The the OP ends the post with the comment he starts Freeman in fantasy lol...Horrible job OP

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This is Eli 8th year...Sullivan has nothing to do with this. Maybe he is just mentally drained from winning the SB and trying to live up to what he has done last year. Plus were have extremely good defenses out there now with a ton of tape on KG's scheme. It's up to him and KG to adjust.
                            sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You people are amazing. The guy has a rough streak and now he is terrible and holding back the team. Unbelievable! It's called a cold streak for God's sake. Two time Super Bowl MVP! At least you all appreciate him. You people SUCK!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X