Couglins Greatest Boneheaded Moves- feel free to add your own

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couglins Greatest Boneheaded Moves- feel free to add your own

1- Replacing Boothe at center late in 2010 with a the lame and limping O'hara when the Giants were doing 6 yds a carry for 5 games

2- Replacing Andre Brown with Bradshaw earlier this year

3- Not activating Ojomo

4- Cutting Petrus and replacing Locklear with the limping lame Deihl (getting to see a trend here?)

5- Cutting Perrilloux and keeping the illustrious David Carr the Chickenhearted

5- Elevating Sheridan to DC

6- removing the screen pass from our playbook

7- throwing the ball against Philly when a FG would have won it

Anyone agree?

Comment

I like Coughlin.
      sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

8- Letting Boss slip away, and Ballard

9- not finding a special teams coach........I think Pee Wee Herman was coaching Special teams last night

10- cutting Blackburn last summer...actually I dont think he was invited to camp

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
          1- Replacing Boothe at center late in 2010 with a the lame and limping O'hara when the Giants were doing 6 yds a carry for 5 games

2- Replacing Andre Brown with Bradshaw earlier this year

3- Not activating Ojomo

4- Cutting Petrus and replacing Locklear with the limping lame Deihl (getting to see a trend here?)

5- Cutting Perrilloux and keeping the illustrious David Carr the Chickenhearted

5- Elevating Sheridan to DC

6- removing the screen pass from our playbook

7- throwing the ball against Philly when a FG would have won it
          lol i came into this thread saying oh boy, here comes another stupid post but i actually agree with everyone except number 2. bradshaw is running hard. yes brown comes in and runs good when he does, but i dont think brown would be a good every down back because of his stamina. they need to split these guys 50/50.

TC is a good coach but he is questionable at times for sure
          Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

sigh
            I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I will say, Coughlin doesn't seem to recognize talent on the offense line if it slaps him in the face. That seems to be a trend, but I cant knock anything else really. He just needs to stop being stubborn and be creative and not stale..He's too conservative at times.

Comment

11. Holding on to Sinorice Moss
                12. Holding on to Beckum
                13. Having Tynes kick from beyond 45 yards.
                14. Keeping Killdrive
                15. Keeping Fewell

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelousmik View Post
                  lol i came into this thread saying oh boy, here comes another stupid post but i actually agree with everyone except number 2. bradshaw is running hard. yes brown comes in and runs good when he does, but i dont think brown would be a good every down back because of his stamina. they need to split these guys 50/50.

TC is a good coach but he is questionable at times for sure
                  When Brown started the game and owned the position he was Linsanity........its all this switching off that kills Brown..........he's a guy like Tiki who needs to stay in there........Brown made some hip shifting moves last night that left my jaw hanging open.........then he was benched for mr 1 yd per carry

Comment

When Brown started the game and owned the position he was Linsanity........its all this switching off that kills Brown..........he's a guy like Tiki who needs to stay in there........Brown made some hip shifting moves last night that left my jaw hanging open.........then he was benched for mr 1 yd per carry
                    We can sum up Coughlin's coaching philosophy to this: "find out what works and then do the exact opposite"

Comment

8- Letting Boss slip away, and Ballard

9- not finding a special teams coach........I think Pee Wee Herman was coaching Special teams last night

10- cutting Blackburn last summer...actually I dont think he was invited to camp
                      boss was the second most overrated giants player by giants fans i have ever seen. right behind steve smith

~Big Mike~

Comment

Originally posted by giantsforce View Post
                        We can sum up Coughlin's coaching philosophy to this: "find out what works and then do the exact opposite"
                        ITS TRUE.........IF HE DID NOT HAVE THE MOST TALENTED ROSTER IN THE NFL ........we would be pushing Cleveland for #32 inhe NFL
                        the stubborn old coot is his own worst enemy

Comment

I did not like the result of Tomlins brave move last night (the fake FG) , but I admire the ingenuity, and win at all cost attitude

Comment

I love TC great coach but he is human

mistakes

benching Warner

Not benching Eli early in his career - which in turn created some bad habits

TC can be stubborn at times- like BJ up the middle over and over.

Not returning Tiki;s calls

Comment

brown has better vision and is faster. bradshaw is quicker and has better stamina. they are both strong. i wish brown would get more carries but i dont mind bradshaw as the starter
                              Last edited by Marvelousmik; 11-05-2012, 06:21 PM.

~Big Mike~

Comment

Working...
                              X