Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Succession planning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Succession planning?

    Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?

  • #2
    Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
    Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?
    Penn State1 talking here about succession planning. That's too funny.

    PS I am a Nittany Lion so I'm just having some fun, while trying to forget that loss.
    No one remembers who came in second.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
      Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?
      That's a question only Jerry Reese and John Mara can answer. But why would Peyton take a demotion?

      They don't want to have to develop a head coach
      Last edited by RoanokeFan; 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
        Why not bring in Peyton to take over when TC retires? Do we really have anyone on the staff now that we want as the next head coach? They do it with players (Wilson) why no the head coach?
        I think I should be the first female head coach because...

        Just kidding ,that would be a terrible idea.

        Sean Payton says he wants to stick with the Saints.
        Mood: WOOF!

        Comment


        • #5
          we may hire some 'never has been' to coach the giants after tom (which is probably 3 years away), but truth be told i think they'll hire someone with a track record.

          this isn't exactly the kind of roster you 'experiment' on with a new HC.

          and Payton will have a gig by the time tom leaves.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            That's a question only Jerry Reese and John Mara can answer. But why would Peyton take a demotion?They don't want to have to develop a head coach
            To become the next head coach of the best franchise in the NFL! Our New York Giants!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
              we may hire some 'never has been' to coach the giants after tom (which is probably 3 years away), but truth be told i think they'll hire someone with a track record.this isn't exactly the kind of roster you 'experiment' on with a new HC.and Payton will have a gig by the time tom leaves.
              I think you are probably right. I'm with you on your 3 year projection for TC unless things don't go well. As long as we keep winning I hope TC stays. Perhaps when Peyton retires Fox comes home to NYC?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                To become the next head coach of the best franchise in the NFL! Our New York Giants!
                No way the Giants would hire Payton if he deserts the Saints. That would be a classless move by Payton. We don't like stuff like that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How old is Fox?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                    How old is Fox?
                    Not sure, but I know when I was a kid they weren't around. We used to watch the NFC on CBS.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by njersey View Post
                      Not sure, but I know when I was a kid they weren't around. We used to watch the NFC on CBS.
                      Dude, not the TV station. The head coach at Denver who was a Giant assistant under Parcells...before your time perhaps?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Honestly, unless TC plans to retire this season, he's not going anywhere. We'd have to blow the rest of our games for that to happen. If TC didn't get fired after losing 4 straight, he's got ultimate job security...

                        Yeah I wish he'd stop making boneheaded decisions like starting Diehl, but I don't really want him gone. Killdrive I want to stop making boneheaded playcalling, but I don't really want him gone either.

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The only succession I would like to see is that of Double D from the RT position, Brewer step it up dude!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think we may already be doing this. Look up QB coach Sean Ryan. The guy has been promoted internally on almost an annual basis; they've gotta love him. Quality control coach, next year WR coach, the next year he's our QB coach. If it weren't for Gilbride he'd be the OC by this time next year.***First post***

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X