Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's like we never lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's like we never lost

    All 4 teams took a hit in the loss column in our division which means nobody gained any ground. Actually we gained some sort of lead since our opponent was in the AFC and the rest were NFC. Im pretty confident in them to still win the division by at least 2-3 games

  • #2
    When you think about it prob 9 wins is all that's needed to take the NFCE again just like last season. As of now Dallas and Philly would need 6-2 records to do it. Washington has to go 6-1. They play each other too many times in second half so they will all cancel each other out. Not going to happen. None of them reach 9 wins. We on the other hand need just 3 wins in 7 games. 3-4 gets us to 9-7. 4-3 gets us to 10-6. If we can get two of the wins vs our div opponents then that should just about eliminate them
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      When you think about it prob 9 wins is all that's needed to take the NFCE again just like last season. As of now Dallas and Philly would need 6-2 records to do it. Washington has to go 6-1. They play each other too many times in second half so they will all cancel each other out. Not going to happen. None of them reach 9 wins. We on the other hand need just 3 wins in 7 games. 3-4 gets us to 9-7. 4-3 gets us to 10-6. If we can get two of the wins vs our div opponents then that should just about eliminate them
      Next week becomes a really big game.....win that game, and the Giants are guaranteed to be 2 games in front after the bye....that's pretty huge.

      Not to mention, I really don't want to be on this board if the Giants are on a 2 game losing streak.....might need to put the place on lockdown.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
        Next week becomes a really big game.....win that game, and the Giants are guaranteed to be 2 games in front after the bye....that's pretty huge.
        Then enter Falcons, Ravens, Packers and the Saints....The rest of the NFC East's schedule is nothing like that. The Giants have their work cut out for them. It's still going to come down the wire I fear.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by titwio View Post
          Then enter Falcons, Ravens, Packers and the Saints....The rest of the NFC East's schedule is nothing like that. The Giants have their work cut out for them. It's still going to come down the wire I fear.
          True, but like Miked mentioned, our NFC East rivals have alot of games against eachother....they'll be picking eachother off a bit. 4 more wins will get the Giants the division.

          If the Giants hit their natural stride (meaning, play up to their roster's talent) they should be fine.
          "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

          "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

          Comment


          • #6
            We were lucky!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              Next week becomes a really big game.....win that game, and the Giants are guaranteed to be 2 games in front after the bye....that's pretty huge.

              Not to mention, I really don't want to be on this board if the Giants are on a 2 game losing streak.....might need to put the place on lockdown.
              Next week definitely IS huge. We need that win just so we can go into the bye with a win.

              Other than that, @WAS is winnable if we just contain RG3 better than we did (we need Rivers and Williams active to be honest), and NO is winnable since we have them at home for once in december (not their strong suit).

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #8
                we lost a game we should have won and severely reduced our
                chances at a 1st round bye.
                due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                  we lost a game we should have won and severely reduced our
                  chances at a 1st round bye.
                  We never win with a 1st round bye, why would we want it?

                  I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    We never win with a 1st round bye, why would we want it?
                    ONCE....is not never.
                    and preferring to play in the wild card round as opposed
                    to having an automatic advance to the second round is less than stellar reasoning.
                    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                      ONCE....is not never.
                      and preferring to play in the wild card round as opposed
                      to having an automatic advance to the second round is less than stellar reasoning.
                      and that once was against Philly.....who have owned us since their inception.
                      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                        ONCE....is not never.
                        and preferring to play in the wild card round as opposed
                        to having an automatic advance to the second round is less than stellar reasoning.
                        nobody wants the first round bye anymore anyway, we just need to focus on making it to the playoffs period

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We were lucky, but would have been better off with a win...obviously.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            and furthermore let the record show that the Giants have entered
                            the playoffs as a wild card 10 times ....only twice did they make the SB as a wild card.
                            2 - 8 is not good odds.
                            get it yet ? , let me make it simple for you - - -wild card = FAIL ..8 out of 10 times

                            going in with a bye we are 3-2 at making the SB.

                            so what's better 2 out of 10 , ....or 3 of 5.
                            i think a pre-schooler could get that right.

                            this " i'd rather be a wild-card " is just stupid voodoo "
                            and i guarantee owners ,coaches and players have higher aspirations.
                            Last edited by stormblue; 11-06-2012, 09:54 AM.
                            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's a tough schedule coming up, making this next game more important than it normally would be. They need this win for moral and to pad their lead.

                              I think it is time to stop building the bridge and go ALL IN!
                              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X