Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PFF stat on Sean Locklear and David Diehl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PFF stat on Sean Locklear and David Diehl

    Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF Sean Locklear hadn't given up a sack in 542 snaps this season. Took David Diehl 54 snaps to surrender one Sunday.

  • #2
    gonna be interesting to see the final grade on him

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought he gave up both sacks? The forced funble was his side right? That counts too. He was slow off the snap. Locklear is CLEARLY a better tackle then DD right now. Coughlin better recognize this.
      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        I thought he gave up both sacks? The forced funble was his side right? That counts too. He was slow off the snap. Locklear is CLEARLY a better tackle then DD right now. Coughlin better recognize this.
        Yeah...this should change immeidately

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          I thought he gave up both sacks? The forced funble was his side right? That counts too. He was slow off the snap. Locklear is CLEARLY a better tackle then DD right now. Coughlin better recognize this.


          That Sack was all Bradshaw standing in one place watch the replay. I'm not a DD fan anymore, but that was all on Bradshaw. The guy was outside of DD and Bradshaw didn't see him to pick him up cuz his back was turned.

          Comment


          • #6
            Have totally been waiting (checked yesterday I know too early) for Sunday's PFF grade on DD. One thing I did notice - he didn't show up in their article "Had a Bad Day" Team for Sunday where they identify the worst performers at each position. Scary to think there were two tackles that received worse grades. Ditto for Mark Herzlich at LB - not mentioned.

            https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...eam-of-week-9/

            As said I always errr on respecting the coaches and front office decisions given the information they have is so much more in depth that any fan out there, but this move of reinstalling Diehl just is a head-scratcher.
            Last edited by DaKraken; 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM.
            "Release the Kraken!"

            - Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ladder27 View Post
              That Sack was all Bradshaw standing in one place watch the replay. I'm not a DD fan anymore, but that was all on Bradshaw. The guy was outside of DD and Bradshaw didn't see him to pick him up cuz his back was turned.
              Bradshaw's pass protection in this game was horrible. He's a problem and TC doesn't seem willing to fix it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by drewz View Post
                Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF Sean Locklear hadn't given up a sack in 542 snaps this season. Took David Diehl 54 snaps to surrender one Sunday.
                I'm not so sure that was Diehl's fault. Bradshaw had gotten himself turned around and missed the defender after he got by Diehl. It may well have been Bradshaw's responsibility. We'll know when they put the game stats out.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  I literally saw the Steelers realize that our RT needed help so they countered by sending an extra guy at us so Diehl can be 1 on 1. That is pathetic by the Giants' coaching staff. We paid Sean to come here and be a backup yet he's outplaying the starter on all levels. Defensive coordinators are loving our OL right now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ChupacabraSmith View Post
                    I literally saw the Steelers realize that our RT needed help so they countered by sending an extra guy at us so Diehl can be 1 on 1. That is pathetic by the Giants' coaching staff. We paid Sean to come here and be a backup yet he's outplaying the starter on all levels. Defensive coordinators are loving our OL right now.
                    You saw all of that, did you?
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      David Deihl is the scapegoat here. He did badly when we needed to put together the game winning drive. However, there was a lot of bad play by a lot of Giants this past game.

                      Even though it contributed to a loss, with all that DD has done for the giants, he deserved a chance to start again. Since he did not play better than Locklear, I think Locklear will start from here on out. I think our coaches will recognize our line played better with DD at heavy TE, not at tackle.
                      Do not feed the trolls.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The fumble on Eli was due to Diehl sucking.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          I'm not so sure that was Diehl's fault. Bradshaw had gotten himself turned around and missed the defender after he got by Diehl. It may well have been Bradshaw's responsibility. We'll know when they put the game stats out.
                          Cmon Man (Keyshawn Voice). Diehl was a great late round find for us and has been good for many years and I am grateful that he was able to switch positions along the line and provide veteran leadership.

                          Enough defending him. Its time to let go. His PFF grade last year graded him out as one of the worst OT in the entire NFL. He wasnt playing well before he got injured, and he certainly isnt playing well after his injury. Not that locklear is the savior, but hes certainly better than what were getting from DD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            I'm not so sure that was Diehl's fault. Bradshaw had gotten himself turned around and missed the defender after he got by Diehl. It may well have been Bradshaw's responsibility. We'll know when they put the game stats out.
                            Off the Edge

                            The best pass rusher on the field was outside linebacker Lamarr Woodley, who had his way with Giants right tackle David Diehl. Woodley did his best work in the fourth quarter as he beat Diehl off the edge for two hurries before making one of the biggest plays of the game with 3:45 to go. With the Giants down four, and a national TV audience all but expecting more magic from Eli Manning, Woodley beat Diehl off the edge once again, this time knocking the ball from Manning’s hands to force a fumble. Though the Giants fell on the loose ball, it turned out to be their last offensive play of the day as Woodley put a damper on any late-game heroics.

                            No player made more of an impact as a pass rusher than Lamarr Woodley, who picked up four pressures on his 15 rushes, including the strip sack that thwarted any comeback attempt.
                            Last edited by ibbill; 11-06-2012, 01:53 PM.
                            Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ibbill View Post
                              Off the Edge

                              The best pass rusher on the field was outside linebacker Lamarr Woodley, who had his way with Giants right tackle David Diehl. Woodley did his best work in the fourth quarter as he beat Diehl off the edge for two hurries before making one of the biggest plays of the game with 3:45 to go. With the Giants down four, and a national TV audience all but expecting more magic from Eli Manning, Woodley beat Diehl off the edge once again, this time knocking the ball from Manning’s hands to force a fumble. Though the Giants fell on the loose ball, it turned out to be their last offensive play of the day as Woodley put a damper on any late-game heroics.

                              No player made more of an impact as a pass rusher than Lamarr Woodley, who picked up four pressures on his 15 rushes, including the strip sack that thwarted any comeback attempt.
                              I still want to see his grade
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X