Look Ahead: Giants At Bengals

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/17...t_Bengals.html

Excerpt: "Giants (6-3) at Bengals (3-5)

Paul Brown Stadium

Sunday, 1 p.m.

TV: Ch. 5

Radio: WFAN 660 AM/101.9 FM

Early line: Giants by 4

Justin Tuck and Tom Coughlin have stressed the importance of winning this game with the acknowledgement of going into their bye at 7-3 being a whole lot different than if they do so at 6-4. The Giants have struggled in all three phases, the most worrisome issues stemming from a slumping Eli Manning and a passing attack that has produced just one touchdown in the last 14 quarters. Another Manning Peyton and the Broncos beat the Bengals with a fourth-quarter comeback last Sunday. The Giants are hoping to play well enough so that their Manning is not facing that kind of circumstance this week."
    In the spotlight

Giants CB Corey Webster: Webster has spent much of this season as the defender in the wrong place at the wrong time. He flipped that script against the Steelers with a strong performance that included tight coverage of Mike Wallace and an interception. A.J. Green leads the Bengals in receptions (51), receiving yards (735) and touchdowns (8). Expect Webster to man up on Green and endure quite a battle Sunday." Read more..

• Eliscruzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I know what you mean bro but there are no gimmies in the NFL and there's no such thing as a homecoming game in rpo football. That been said in a lot of ways this is a must win for Big Blue.
    I don't think he was saying it's a gimme...I agree with him if the Giants get the **** together this game and play a B game that will be better then the Bengals A. The Giants should beat this team down but we will see.

Leave a comment:

• Eliscruzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Giants need to get the running game going. The Bengals have a good secondary which weve struggled against lately.
    They don't have a good secondary...not at all.

Leave a comment:

• G-Men Surg.
    replied
    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    Look.....the Bengles are a decent team. But Come On Man!!!....The Giants should beat them easily...
    Not saying the will be they absolutley should.......
    I know what you mean bro but there are no gimmies in the NFL and there's no such thing as a homecoming game in rpo football. That been said in a lot of ways this is a must win for Big Blue.

Leave a comment:

• Cool Papa B.
    replied
    This game worries me. Bengals are good at defending the run. Andre Brown really should be starting this game. His ability to burst through the holes should keep their DLine honest. And with Nicks still banged up, someone other than Cruz will have to step up in the WR core. Hixon, Barden, Bennett.....where are you? This is your chance to show your clutchness.

I don't think this game will be a walk inthe park by any stretch of the imagination.

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    True but with a weak interior Oline, Eli could get a healthy dose of the Atkins diet. As long as we can keep Atkins and Green to average games, we should beat the Bengals.
    nice one....

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    same can be said for Cruz, Eli, JPP....
    True but with a weak interior Oline, Eli could get a healthy dose of the Atkins diet. As long as we can keep Atkins and Green to average games, we should beat the Bengals.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlueAllDay
    replied
    I think first and foremost, the Giants offense needs to establish a running game and the Giants defense needs to stop the Bengals running game. Even with Dalton, AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham, the Bengals won't mind running the ball all day with Green-Ellis if he can't be stopped. The Giants LBs need to step it up against the run game. Then, they can give Webster some safety help with AJ Green on certain plays.

Leave a comment:

• Cloud57
    replied
    Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Giants need to get the running game going. The Bengals have a good secondary which weve struggled against lately.
    our running game for obvious reasons isn't going to go anywhere, Giants will have to rely on Eli's arm once again.

Leave a comment:

• dezzzR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GameTime
    replied
    Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Pretty scared of what can potentially happen if we don't contain Geno Atkins on offense and A.J. Green on defense. Those two are absolute monsters that can change a game if they get hot.
    same can be said for Cruz, Eli, JPP....

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Pretty scared of what can potentially happen if we don't contain Geno Atkins on offense and A.J. Green on defense. Those two are absolute monsters that can change a game if they get hot.

Leave a comment:

• BillTheGreek
    replied
    This is a tough one...............Just Win !

Leave a comment:

• gumby74
    replied
    Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
    Sadly... I'll take a decisive win, an "Oh **** we won!" win, even an ugly win. As long as we win. Need to stay ahead of the division.
    a win is a win. i'll take it and this week will be a big one.

Leave a comment:

• rainierjef
    replied
    Sadly... I'll take a decisive win, an "Oh **** we won!" win, even an ugly win. As long as we win. Need to stay ahead of the division.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X