If Eli Knows the Playbook and what the plays suppose to do to Defenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Eli Knows the Playbook and what the plays suppose to do to Defenses

Then Eli should call his own plays from begining to end and let KG just watch.

Gilbride has said in the past that Eli isn't good at doing that.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 11-09-2012, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
      Gilbride has said in the past that Eli isn't good at doing that.
      How far back was that?

Comment

Last year, I think. It was a Vacchiano article or something. I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          so not only does he have to audible and call the protection but now he has to mentally catalog all the plays in his head too...
          makes no sense. When he has plays at the line of scrimage it is limted to basically "this or that". He is not choosing from a whole play book each snap..
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            so not only does he have to audible and call the protection but now he has to mentally catalog all the plays in his head too...
            makes no sense. When he has plays at the line of scrimage it is limted to basically "this or that". He is not choosing from a whole play book each snap..
            In people brains have a memory bank so when we think of something, it comes out fast. Even when we don't remember something, it can be in our head but doesn't come out all the way. Eli gots to know the playbook. A lot of qbs call their own plays. Eli also have been in the same system for years to. He is not young anymore.

Comment

It's a team effort. The coaches have confidence in Eli to call the right play at the LOS. This Gilbride hatred is just mind numbing
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                It's a team effort. The coaches have confidence in Eli to call the right play at the LOS. This Gilbride hatred is just mind numbing
                I agree, Gilbride calls the play according to whatever gameplan they made with the film they watched. It's up to Eli to read the defense and change/keep the play as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                  I agree, Gilbride calls the play according to whatever gameplan they made with the film they watched. It's up to Eli to read the defense and change/keep the play as needed.
                  I think a lot of our success since TC has been the Head Coach is the chemistry between Eli and Gilbride.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I think a lot of our success since TC has been the Head Coach is the chemistry between Eli and Gilbride.
                    I agree, having a consistant OC is key to success. They know what eachother are thinking on a consistant basis and usually make the right calls for the given situation. Sometimes they don't and I think that's what has been happening lately.

Comment

He's not Peyton

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        He's not Peyton
                        Peyton is not the only one who called his own plays though.

Comment

But all OC's aren't good play callers. Even as a team, there are some players who are able to help the team when they are playing but when they aren't, the team is nothing special like Eli for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                            He's not Peyton
                            So what?

Comment

But all OC's aren't good play callers. Even as a team, there are some players who are able to help the team when they are playing but when they aren't, the team is nothing special like Eli for instance.
                              All OC's aren't good play callers? That's supposed to be why they are OCs

Comment

Working...
                              X