Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many plays do you think Eli has at his disposal at any given moment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many plays do you think Eli has at his disposal at any given moment?

When they pan the camera to Eli on the sideline after a pic or a 3 and out, looking at the top secret binder with KG, I can't help but wonder what the heck they are looking at, could there be anything in there they haven't thought of yet? Or is it just photos of the opposing teams defensive schemes from above? Do you think Eli would be capable of calling his own plays in the huddle, I do.
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

And are they using them all?
    Not the actual Man, Myth, Legend....Just a Giant fan since birth, I come in peace

Comment

They are looking at draw plays. Kidding.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

My guess would probably be 3. He'll probably have a run and two pass plays he can audible into.
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Some of what they look at are photos of the defense, other times it's just "what do you think we work against what your seeing on the field"? Bot each game has its own plan so I doubt they go deep into the "play book." Although a few games back Gilbride drew a play up based on what he was seeing, showed it to Eli and they went with it.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I thought it was the 22 film they looked at, basically trying to understand what Eli saw and why he **** the bed.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Some of what they look at are photos of the defense, other times it's just "what do you think we work against what your seeing on the field"? Bot each game has its own plan so I doubt they go deep into the "play book." Although a few games back Gilbride drew a play up based on what he was seeing, showed it to Eli and they went with it.
              I bet they wound up punting, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Christie View Post
                When they pan the camera to Eli on the sideline after a pic or a 3 and out, looking at the top secret binder with KG, I can't help but wonder what the heck they are looking at, could there be anything in there they haven't thought of yet? Or is it just photos of the opposing teams defensive schemes from above? Do you think Eli would be capable of calling his own plays in the huddle, I do.
                Eli has full audible control, which means he can audible into any play that the personnel package dictates. However, he does usually get 2 or 3 plays that he calls in the huddle which he then checks into one at the line depending on what the defense is showing.

He and KG are probably looking over the photos of the defense and discussing what Eli could have/should have/can do if they get that look again, etc...

Comment

It's funny how Gilbride always gets thrown under the bus even though it's Eli who often has the final say about which play they're going to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Christie View Post
                    they are looking at polaroids of formations and post snap schemes taken from an all 22 view

and it is not top secret

....and Eli has the whole playbook at his disposal......but the entire playbook is not available for a given gameplan

he has access to the plays within the gameplan on gameday

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      they are looking at polaroids of formations and post snap schemes taken from an all 22 view

and it is not top secret

....and Eli has the whole playbook at his disposal......but the entire playbook is not available for a given gameplan

he has access to the plays within the gameplan on gameday
                      really? makes sense but I never thought of that..that he doesnt have access to all the plays on gameday....You know a play i like is the misdirection play to wilson.

Comment

Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                        really? makes sense but I never thought of that..that he doesnt have access to all the plays on gameday.....
                        throughout the week they devise a gameplan based on what they see the opponent do on film and which play packages will be able to exploit their looks

and Eli will have access to any play that was put in that week

they are all packages based on down, distance and field position
                        Last edited by YATittle1962; 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

throughout the week they devise a gameplan based on what they see the opponent do on film and which play packages will be able to exploit their looks

and Eli will have access to any play that was put in that week

they are all packages based on down and distance......and field position
                          I'll be honest YA and I may be in the minority but I love the plays we have, we attack, I get frustrated at times like against philly when we kept going deep but, thats who we are...I questioned the fade in the endzone to randle and the back shoulder throw to him on 3rd and one but you have to take the good with the bad with this team and there is far more good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                            I'll be honest YA and I may be in the minority but I love the plays we have, we attack, I get frustrated at times like against philly when we kept going deep but, thats who we are...I questioned the fade in the endzone to randle and the back shoulder throw to him on 3rd and one but you have to take the good with the bad with this team and there is far more good imo.
                            I enjoy the aggressive play calls as well

but I think the 3rd and short package needs to be adjusted greatly

Comment

I enjoy the aggressive play calls as well

but I think the 3rd and short package needs to be adjusted greatly
                              yes it seems we try passes 30 yards to far or 3 yards to short...thing is you never know as a fan watching what was called and what was an Eli's choice or what his options are for any given play...it makes it hard to ***** imo

Comment

Working...
                              X