Ernie Accorsi to consult with Carolina Panthers in search for new GM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernie Accorsi to consult with Carolina Panthers in search for new GM

The Carolina Panthers have taken a firm first step in their search for a new general manager.

Joe Person of The Charlotte Observer reported Friday the Panthers have hired former New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi to serve as a consultant in the search for Marty Hurney's replacement.

Accorsi, 71, will begin immediately. He is not in consideration for the general manager job.

From NFLShop.com:
    Cam Newton gear.

"I have a very high regard for Mr. Richardson and look forward to providing any help that I can to him and the organization in their search for a new general manager," Accorsi said in a statement, via the Observer.

Read More...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Kind of odd that they hire a consultant to find a GM. They must not trust themselves to find one.

Comment

Oh no, I would be shocked if we didn't lose Ross (Reese's right hand man) to the Panthers. I believe that he's our talent evaluator and runs our draft. His name was associated with the Bears FO last season, but they'd didn't go with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
        Kind of odd that they hire a consultant to find a GM. They must not trust themselves to find one.
        Didn't they fire their GM and now have Accorsi filling in, after all Ernie was a Solid GM for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
          Didn't they fire their GM and now have Accorsi filling in, after all Ernie was a Solid GM for a long time.
          From what I'm reading the he isn't assuming any of the GM responsibilities, duties or decision making abilities, just being used as a consultant to find another GM.

Comment

Hiring a talent evaluator to find a talent evaluator... Nice!
            I hate Philthy. The teams, their fans, the city.

Comment

Great bosses/owners higher people who know more then they do and can get the job done.....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Did you know that George Young was pretty much forced on us by the NFL?

Sometimes a franchise needs outside help when they're lost in the weeds.
                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMetal 40 View Post
                  Hiring a talent evaluator to find a talent evaluator... Nice!
                  Yo dawg, I herd you liek talent, so we got an evaluator for your evaluator so you can evaluate while you evaluate

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ross go there. I see a bunch of GM turnover this offseason so the Panthers are smart to get a head start. I thought Carolina was going to bring back Polian when Hurney was cut loose mid season.

Comment

Working...
                    X