Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning into yankee fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turning into yankee fans?

    Are we becoming spoiled as giant fans? 6-3 and first in the division, coming off a super bowl and you would think we were 3-6....I think we have been spoiled by this team,quarterback,and coaches...Just try and appreciate it giant fans,it's hard sometimes, but one day this will be over.

  • #2
    I don't think that it's we're spoiled, but rather the fact that despite winning a few games (and our loss to PIT), we haven't been playing very well.

    If we were playing well and winning, and even if we played well and just came up short against PIT, most would have a different attitude.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Drez View Post
      I don't think that it's we're spoiled, but rather the fact that despite winning a few games (and our loss to PIT), we haven't been playing very well.

      If we were playing well and winning, and even if we played well and just came up short against PIT, most would have a different attitude.
      I respect your opinion drez....but come on...you see these boards, questioning Eli again...yes he has has 3 bad games but you know what...going into this game I feel great knowing he is our qb, we will learn one day when he is gone, even before last year's run, these are the golden years, we are relevant every year, can't ask for much more.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
        I respect your opinion drez....but come on...you see these boards, questioning Eli again...yes he has has 3 bad games but you know what...going into this game I feel great knowing he is our qb, we will learn one day when he is gone, even before last year's run, these are the golden years, we are relevant every year, can't ask for much more.
        Well, Eli has deserved criticism, though not downright questioning. He has been a big factor in why we haven't been doing well, but the offense as a whole has struggled as well. I think he'll shake out of it soon enough, along with the rest of the offense.

        But, you know this place, it isn't exactly a place where logic and moderation reigns, but rather the extremes.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was thinking the same thing. We lose a tough game against PIT and we all get mad. Did Eli play bad? Yeah, but at the end of the day I still wouldn't take anyone else.

          Giants aren't usually good in Novemeber anyway lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ReiRiza View Post
            I was thinking the same thing. We lose a tough game against PIT and we all get mad. Did Eli play bad? Yeah, but at the end of the day I still wouldn't take anyone else.

            Giants aren't usually good in Novemeber anyway lol
            We've been off the past few games. Don't let our record deceive you.
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah we're 6-3, but did you see the way Eli played? If he doesn't fix that pronto it could be 6-10. I still have faith in him to go about fixing it (which is why I don't say get rid of him), but it's still hard to see the team that showed up last week beating any other team on our schedule. If it was Jacksonville and KC over and over, we could...d

              I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                We've been off the past few games. Don't let our record deceive you.
                Honestly bro, we have a winning record and a SOLID lead in our division. Are we going to win another Super Bowl? IDK but all I know is I could give a **** about what happens in Nov. I am ready for Dec and the heart attack playoff race we will be facing.

                Just have your medicine cabinet stocked. I'll worry about us failing when we are no longer in the playoff picture.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ReiRiza View Post
                  Honestly bro, we have a winning record and a SOLID lead in our division. Are we going to win another Super Bowl? IDK but all I know is I could give a **** about what happens in Nov. I am ready for Dec and the heart attack playoff race we will be facing.

                  Just have your medicine cabinet stocked. I'll worry about us failing when we are no longer in the playoff picture.
                  I'm not saying we should be panicking yet, but we shouldn't be rejoicing either. Schedule doesn't get any easier.
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    I'm not saying we should be panicking yet, but we shouldn't be rejoicing either. Schedule doesn't get any easier.
                    I know what you're saying. I just don't care about these things anymore lol. I mean last season after the Hawks, 49ers, Eagles, Saints, Skins games, and Packers game I was mad, but we won the Super Bowl.

                    So I really dont get phased by this part of the season anymore lol.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ReiRiza View Post
                      I know what you're saying. I just don't care about these things anymore lol. I mean last season after the Hawks, 49ers, Eagles, Saints, Skins games, and Packers game I was mad, but we won the Super Bowl.

                      So I really dont get phased by this part of the season anymore lol.
                      I see
                      Mood: WOOF!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nothing wrong with expecting greatness, ESPECIALLY with THIS team. And nothing wrong with being YANKEE FANS either, OP.

                        This is sports, it's not nation building. Let's be the best every Sunday and let's win EVERY SUPER BOWL is always my motto.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          I'm not saying we should be panicking yet, but we shouldn't be rejoicing either. Schedule doesn't get any easier.
                          i respectfully disagree i think the scheule does get somewhat easier. we arent going to face a defense the caliber of the dallas and pitt defense. i know with baltimore on the agenda that sounds crazy but w/o ray lewis, and a suggs and reed who are shells of themselves, no ledarus webb...i dunno im glad this lil two game schedule is over pitt and dallas have excellent pass defenses. 100% confident the offfense gets back on track

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Right now with whats left on our schedule we will be facing teams with anything from decent to horrid pass defenses. The best out of the bunch is Atlanta with a 13th ranked pass defense then at 14th(PHI), 19th(CIN), 20th(GB), 22nd(BAL), 29th(NO) and 31st(WAS).

                            Rush defenses of the remaining teams are mostly bad as well. Washington ranks 9th and Green Bay 10th but after that we face the 16th(PHI), 17th(CIN), 25th(ATL), 28th(BAL) and 32nd(NO). IF our defense can hold, all these games are extremely winnable.

                            As a Yankees fan, I really don't expect as much from the Giants than I do the Yankees. Where the Yankees have unlimited resources and no salary cap the Giants face more restrictions towards winning a championship and there isn't a wide margin from the bottom feeders and the top tier teams.
                            Last edited by Rat_bastich; 11-10-2012, 06:26 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by alentown pa View Post
                              Are we becoming spoiled as giant fans? 6-3 and first in the division, coming off a super bowl and you would think we were 3-6....I think we have been spoiled by this team,quarterback,and coaches...Just try and appreciate it giant fans,it's hard sometimes, but one day this will be over.
                              i made a topic about this already. we havent played our best football lately but there is no doubt in my mind that our fans are spoiled. I mean, there was a thread that said "fire pf after the cowboys win. we were 6-2 coming off of a tough div win and you wanted to fire one of the coaches? i know we didnt play our best football but that is the essence of spoiled.
                              Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

                              ~Big Mike~

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X