Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOUBLE TEAMING

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DOUBLE TEAMING

    In his latest interview Nicks said he and Cruz are now being jammed at the line more and being double covered more. Remember last year's SB when the Pats did it. They did that and then got burned by our 3rd WR, Manningham and Eli's check down receivers like our TE. Can teams cover Hixon or Barden or the TE or RBs coming free from a play fake.Our intermediate passing game of 10 to 15 yds. plus some decent yacs can hurt any team. I think most team's LBs would have trouble covering Hixon and Barden.
    Our passing game can't be dependent a lot on our 20 plus yard BIG PLAY guys especially when Nicks says he's "close" to being 100%.
    Eli's quick release and some no huddle plays can keep a lot of teams off balance. If Rodgers can do it then Eli certainly can do it more often.. Of course some kind of consistent running game would be real helpful ! When you have to remove 2 DBs to cover 2 WRs someone is open.

  • #2
    Look at the last few games. Hixon, Bennett and even Randle have been in the mix along with Cruz. It seems to be a pick your poison type situation. If the opposing defense double teams one of our guys then that creates a mismatch somewhere else and our guys are taking advantage of it when Eli gets them the ball.

    Comment


    • #3
      If you run the ball better they aren't allowed to do that as much. When we go to the three WR set the third guy has not been able to consistently beat his one on one. They also need to get Bennett more involved...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
        Look at the last few games. Hixon, Bennett and even Randle have been in the mix along with Cruz. It seems to be a pick your poison type situation. If the opposing defense double teams one of our guys then that creates a mismatch somewhere else and our guys are taking advantage of it when Eli gets them the ball.
        It should allow us to get Wilson into big space. I like that idea.
        No one remembers who came in second.

        Comment


        • #5
          Giants run too many deep passes and that is not good since our wrs are not totally speedsters to run a lot of deep routes. Even speedy receivers can't run too many deep routes.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jomo View Post
            It should allow us to get Wilson into big space. I like that idea.
            he's always in big space.......outside the lines.
            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
              If you run the ball better they aren't allowed to do that as much. When we go to the three WR set the third guy has not been able to consistently beat his one on one. They also need to get Bennett more involved...
              Unfortunately, the Unicorn spent most of last weeks game holding 'DD's hand

              Comment


              • #8
                3 words

                Run.....The......Rock

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                  Unfortunately, the Unicorn spent most of last weeks game holding 'DD's hand
                  Thats what aggravates me even more about Deihl - not only his poor play, but we are losing Bennet. While i dont like having to go for the 30+ yard plays at least Eli has a bailout pass if Bennett isnt stuck on the line. I really think we could be doing the same thing that Dallas did to us with Witten against our own opponents.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well Bradshaw might be out this week so we might see some more Brown and Wilson. That will be a nice change of pace..

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X