Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Slumping" Giants Ready For Bounce-Back Game

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...unce-back-game

Excerpt: "THE GAME: The defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants (6-3) vs. the Cincinnati Bengals (3-5), 1 p.m. ET at Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati.

THE WEATHER: There is snow on my lawn as I type this, so pardon me while I bang my head into the wall now that I know it should be near 70 at kickoff on Sunday. Sure. Why not? Hurricanes. Snow storms. And now spring/summer temperatures again. Bring it on, Mother Nature. … The forecast calls for a high of 68 and lots of sun, but with winds steady at 15-25 miles per hour.

WHAT IT MEANS: Everything, because Giants fans everywhere have their finger on the panic button. Seriously, they’ve lost one game in a row but … THEY’RE DOOMED!!!! … OK, maybe not, but the Giants are right when they say it’ll feel a whole lot different for them to go into the bye at 7-3 than 6-4, especially since they’re usually pretty terrible coming out of the bye. … For the Bengals, they’ve lost four in a row. They need to stop the bleeding or start looking to next year.

MATCHUP TO WATCH:Bengals WR A.J. Green vs. Giants S Antrel Rolle. This may be a non-traditional matchup, but it was spiced up this week when Green took a poke at the “holes” on the Giants’ defense and Rolle basically threatened to take his head off (legally, I’m sure) on the field. The truth is, Rolle may be key in stopping Green, who is the Bengals’ most dangerous weapon. It’s doubtful the Giants will try much one on one coverage against him, which means the safeties will be shading to his side a lot. When Rolle gets his chance, watch out for either the big hit or for him to miss big and give up a big play. Whatever happens, stopping Green is important because the Giants’ offense has struggled so much lately it might not be advisable to get into a shootout." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I hope to god we can put more than 1 offensive TD on the board. I know Tynes is a great kicker but I'd rather get 7 instead of 3 all the time!

Comment

Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
      I hope to god we can put more than 1 offensive TD on the board. I know Tynes is a great kicker but I'd rather get 7 instead of 3 all the time!
      This
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I'm looking for a solid game from the G'men tomorrow!

Comment

For once instead of running the ball into the endzone I would love to see Eli get a passing td. All year he has had opportunities taken away.

Eli= 12td's 9 ints....smh
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
            For once instead of running the ball into the endzone I would love to see Eli get a passing td. All year he has had opportunities taken away.

Eli= 12td's 9 ints....smh
            I'm sure Eli doesn't care about passing TD's but just getting TD's anyway he can

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              I'm sure Eli doesn't care about passing TD's but just getting TD's anyway he can
              I'm pretty sure he does he hasn't had one since Washington. He's one of the Elite qb's...he's on pace for 22 td's passing.I'll take td's anyway we can get it but I mean on pace for 22. That is not good. I had him getting at least 30.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he does he hasn't had one since Washington. He's one of the Elite qb's...he's on pace for 22 td's passing.I'll take td's anyway we can get it but I mean on pace for 22. That is not good. I had him getting at least 30.
                That's not Eli's preference. Eli doesn't care about what he's on pace for he cares about winning games, not getting 30 touchdowns. Those are fans expectations, not his.

Comment

Eli will be looking for a WIN foremost. Going into the bye with a 7-3 should be an inspiration to the whole team, including coaches.

Comment

That's not Eli's preference. Eli doesn't care about what he's on pace for he cares about winning games, not getting 30 touchdowns. Those are fans expectations, not his.
                    So your telling me Eli doesn't set those kinds of expectations for himself??That he is fine with just rushing the ball in for TD majority of the time(and that hasn't been going great either). They maybe fan expectations but I'm pretty sure he has a number in mind and it's not 22 or 12 through 9 games...with the weapons they have.

Comment

So your telling me Eli doesn't set those kinds of expectations for himself??That he is fine with just rushing the ball in for TD majority of the time. They maybe fan expectations but I'm pretty sure he has a number in mind and it's not 22 or 12 through 9 games...with the weapons they have.
                      Eli doesn't care about statistics, he said so himself. Would it be nice for him to get 30 touchdowns? of course, I'm sure he'd be happy but he'd be happy with 22 touchdowns and a SB victory.

And what's wrong with a rushing TD? it's a TOUCHDOWN, you think he's on the sidelines pouting because it wasn't accredited to him? lol ok.

Comment

Eli doesn't care about statistics, he said so himself. Would it be nice for him to get 30 touchdowns? of course, I'm sure he'd be happy but he'd be happy with 22 touchdowns and a SB victory.

And what's wrong with a rushing TD? it's a TOUCHDOWN, you think he's on the sidelines pouting because it wasn't accredited to him? lol ok.
                        Look Ruddy no need to get all crazy about this...if he doesn't care about statistics then why are they looking for ways to get them in the endzone and their passing game to get back on track. That should tell you right there they are not happy with his numbers as of lately. I know Eli cares about winning first and he isn't a me player but if you think for one second he is happy with 12 td's and 9 ints. then I don't know what to tell you.I mean christ man you take everthing to heart alI said is that I would like to seem him throw for a td and you start spewing this crap about all Eli cares about is wins and stuff.

Comment

I never said there was ANYTHING wrong with a rushing TD but for 3 games this team hasn't gotten a td through the air and you won't win games by not getting them through the air. Especially when we consistently get in the 5 yard line and get stopped for fg's when we should be throwing it in there cause our rushing has shown that they are struggling.
                          Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-10-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I never said there was ANYTHING wrong with a rushing TD but for 3 games this team hasn't gotten a td through the air and you won't win games by not getting them through the air.
                            Well again, it's more than just Eli and that's a totally different situation.

All I'm saying is, if you have a chance to get any touchdown whether it's passing or on the ground, go for it.

Comment

I equate Eli's thinking on statistics as Lincoln's thinking on a penny. Take care of your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. Most of the time Eli seems oblivious to his stats. He appears to me as one who wants to put together a well-oiled machine for winning purposes.

Comment

Working...
                              X