Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bradshaw fumble was Huuuuge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bradshaw fumble was Huuuuge

    early 3rd, 17-13 if not for that. His only value is ball security. Without it he is useless

  • #2
    Yea that was really bad but they were driving and the hope was with a defensive stop... the offense would keep rolling. The next two possessions and subsequent Eli picks and cincy tds were worse I think... because they pretty much sealed the game for cincy

    Comment


    • #3
      Well there is no way to tell if we would have scored a TD on that drive, although I will admit it looked like a good drive was forming until that fumble. I don't doubt we would have put some points on the board, if not 7. But there is no point thinking about the "what ifs" since it didn't happen.
      Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

      Comment


      • #4
        In a word.............game changer.
        No one remembers who came in second.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jomo View Post
          In a word.............game changer.
          Yeah, play of the game

          Comment


          • #6
            The game-changer was the blown coverage on the Bengals' opening possession. It set the tone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by G-MANning4Life View Post
              Well there is no way to tell if we would have scored a TD on that drive, although I will admit it looked like a good drive was forming until that fumble. I don't doubt we would have put some points on the board, if not 7. But there is no point thinking about the "what ifs" since it didn't happen.
              Coming away with any points would have made it a one-score contest.....would have been 17-9 or maybe 17-13.

              Originally posted by jomo View Post
              In a word.............game changer.
              Agreed.
              Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 11-11-2012, 05:39 PM.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                The game-changer was the blown coverage on the Bengals' opening possession. It set the tone.
                Disagree.

                That sort of thing happens and it did set the tone for the first half.

                But, the last drive of the first half, a couple of decent series on D, then the drive is developing OK, better than OK, in the second half.

                But Bradshaw's fumble prompted a collapse that was just ridiculous.

                I dunno what it is, but we look really fragile.

                Maybe we do need the bye really bad, maybe Sandy has hurt us worse than we thought, but we look like a team that's not right.
                Let's be honest, we haven't played well since SF.

                We got by against two poor NFC East teams then have been awful two weeks running.

                We need to re-group quickly or the season will run away from us.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm not taking the Sandy was hard on this football team garbage. They are just playing like total dog doo doo. lol

                  Hopefully they can come out of the bye and put some wins together.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by elitocruz View Post
                    early 3rd, 17-13 if not for that. His only value is ball security. Without it he is useless
                    +1.

                    still they played with no urgency!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
                      I'm not taking the Sandy was hard on this football team garbage. They are just playing like total dog doo doo. lol

                      Hopefully they can come out of the bye and put some wins together.
                      You're right about Sandy, I was just throwing it out there.

                      I kinda think it goes deeper than just playing bad, though.

                      At least it looks to me like it is.

                      Players play bad, go through peaks and troughs, as do teams.
                      But this last two weeks have looked ..... different ..... to just playing bad.

                      It looks more fundamental.

                      Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just a slump that we can work our way out of.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kendo15 View Post
                        Disagree.

                        That sort of thing happens and it did set the tone for the first half.

                        But, the last drive of the first half, a couple of decent series on D, then the drive is developing OK, better than OK, in the second half.

                        But Bradshaw's fumble prompted a collapse that was just ridiculous.

                        I dunno what it is, but we look really fragile.

                        Maybe we do need the bye really bad, maybe Sandy has hurt us worse than we thought, but we look like a team that's not right.
                        Let's be honest, we haven't played well since SF.

                        We got by against two poor NFC East teams then have been awful two weeks running.

                        We need to re-group quickly or the season will run away from us.
                        After that fumble, Eli basically threw caution to the wind.....Cincy then just cashed in on the turnovers after that.

                        This was an epic team loss.....offense, defense, special teams all failed.

                        But more than anything, this was a case of individual players not doing their jobs.

                        Top of the list was Eli.....he's the guy who makes this go....he just wasn't in sync at all.
                        Diehl was so bad it hurt to watch.
                        Bradshaw proved what I was harping on all week......practice ****ing matters. Enough already.
                        Cruz dropped a TD pass that landed in his lap.
                        Martellus Bennett dropped a couple.
                        Hosley made a huge mistake on that TD catch.....it was 3rd and 10....if he simply played the body, and not the ball, that would have a been a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 10.....instead of holding them to a FG, his bad decision directly lead to a FG.
                        Rolle was non-existent.
                        JPP was MIA
                        Osi, Tuck, invisible.

                        Just bad all around....terrible, really.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X