Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

that opening td to green was webster's fault for sure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • that opening td to green was webster's fault for sure

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati...yard-touchdown

    so i'm watching this video of the td, and i was trying to see where stevie brown was lined up. i noticed at the snap stevie brown was right at the first down line to get. he bit on the play action which he shouldn't have done, but webster was with green 10 yards down field. he let green go when he was past where brown was. in fact, i don't even think the play was for green, but he came so wide open how could dalton not throw. if webster was expecting help then the play was doomed from the start because there's no way stevie brown could've come over to make a play.

  • #2
    Originally posted by erivera View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati...yard-touchdown

    so i'm watching this video of the td, and i was trying to see where stevie brown was lined up. i noticed at the snap stevie brown was right at the first down line to get. he bit on the play action which he shouldn't have done, but webster was with green 10 yards down field. he let green go when he was past where brown was. in fact, i don't even think the play was for green, but he came so wide open how could dalton not throw. if webster was expecting help then the play was doomed from the start because there's no way stevie brown could've come over to make a play.
    Webster positioned himself on the outside squeezing Green towards where Brown should have been. If starts at the correct depth and bails he is in position to make a play on the ball or drill Green. Webster is playing outside leverage. You can't play that technique unless you have help to the inside.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
      Webster positioned himself on the outside squeezing Green towards where Brown should have been. If starts at the correct depth and bails he is in position to make a play on the ball or drill Green. Webster is playing outside leverage. You can't play that technique unless you have help to the inside.
      He was not beat to the inside, he was beat over the top. So I am not sure what your saying has any bearing

      Webster is at fault, no doubt. Just because a guy looks around like he was supposed to get help, doesnt mean that was the case.

      Furthermore, Webster ran with this for almost 30 yards before "letting him go" if he was actually supposed to let him go, it would have happened much sooner. No coverage calls for a guy to be covered by the corner for 25+ yards then released compoletely to another guy. maybe he was suposed to get help, but help doesnt mean you just abandon the guy and wash your hands of him.

      Maybe he missed a signal, or a defensive adjustment, but everyone else's coverage on that play makes sense, except his.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        didn't it look like Webster gave up regardless if he expected help or not ?

        Comment


        • #5
          he did give up on it. it almost looked like he was embarrassed he left him so wide open so he started pointing hoping somebody was around. lol

          Comment


          • #6
            Webster also looked terrible covering Hawkins on that TD, and Sanu was eating him up too.
            " In Reese to Sign a Bust"

            Comment


            • #7
              Ya there's no doubt that was Websters man to cover...and what's with him NOT being able to tackle lately. Not a lot of good things to say about our secondary ...teams are watching film and know this too

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes that was Webster's bust for leaving him wide open, I would have been much more palatable if Webster was all over him and Green caught the ball...Just glad we're at the bye and the coaches and players can reset after three weeks of miserable play!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by erivera View Post
                  http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati...yard-touchdown

                  so i'm watching this video of the td, and i was trying to see where stevie brown was lined up. i noticed at the snap stevie brown was right at the first down line to get. he bit on the play action which he shouldn't have done, but webster was with green 10 yards down field. he let green go when he was past where brown was. in fact, i don't even think the play was for green, but he came so wide open how could dalton not throw. if webster was expecting help then the play was doomed from the start because there's no way stevie brown could've come over to make a play.

                  I think Brown was responsible for the inside and just wasn't there. It only matters in terms of they learn form it. That play is inked into the history books. The question is really not who got burned, the question is would the ball have been thrown/caught had Brown stayed with the receiver?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VTGFAN View Post
                    Ya there's no doubt that was Websters man to cover...and what's with him NOT being able to tackle lately. Not a lot of good things to say about our secondary ...teams are watching film and know this too
                    Playing with a broken hand has something to do with it
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X