Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli's worst stretch of games since 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli's worst stretch of games since 2007.

    This is easily Eli's worst stretch of games since 2007. 2008 he really wasn't asked to do much, just not make mistakes since our run game was so dominant.

    In 2009-2011, Eli might have had a bad game here and there, but he was always able to find open receivers and move the chains and get first downs. These past 3-4 games, I feel uncomfortable on every 3rd down now. It almost feels impossible for us to convert any of them.

    After yesterday, there needs to be some concern. I certainly can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure the coaches tape might be more telling than what I can see live. In the past 3 seasons, I've never seen Eli try to dump it off as many times as he did yesterday. That is a clear indicator he is either not comfortable or has lost some confidence in himself and the receivers. In this same time span of 3 seasons, we had been pretty damn successful on intermediate routes, and now we can't even get one completion in that area of the field. It baffles me how quickly we regressed.

    We have a large enough sample to know that Eli and the passing game is better than this. I'm nervous though because it looks like it is SO difficult and impossible for all of them.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Manning View Post
    This is easily Eli's worst stretch of games since 2007. 2008 he really wasn't asked to do much, just not make mistakes since our run game was so dominant.

    In 2009-2011, Eli might have had a bad game here and there, but he was always able to find open receivers and move the chains and get first downs. These past 3-4 games, I feel uncomfortable on every 3rd down now. It almost feels impossible for us to convert any of them.

    After yesterday, there needs to be some concern. I certainly can't put my finger on it, but I'm sure the coaches tape might be more telling than what I can see live. In the past 3 seasons, I've never seen Eli try to dump it off as many times as he did yesterday. That is a clear indicator he is either not comfortable or has lost some confidence in himself and the receivers. In this same time span of 3 seasons, we had been pretty damn successful on intermediate routes, and now we can't even get one completion in that area of the field. It baffles me how quickly we regressed.

    We have a large enough sample to know that Eli and the passing game is better than this. I'm nervous though because it looks like it is SO difficult and impossible for all of them.
    We've been successful on DEEP routes. Now that they are doubling everyone, the deep route is completely gone and...yep. This is what we have.
    That's not the only thing, but I just wanted to point that out.
    Mood: WOOF!

    Comment


    • #3
      Something is wrong. And quite frankly I've seen enough form Eli the past 7 years to know for certain our issue on offense is not solely on his shoulders. Something else is off. Blocking, receivers not getting open, the run game non-existent. Something....its not just Eli, believe me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ManningToJPP View Post
        Something is wrong. And quite frankly I've seen enough form Eli the past 7 years to know for certain our issue on offense is not solely on his shoulders. Something else is off. Blocking, receivers not getting open, the run game non-existent. Something....its not just Eli, believe me.
        Agree looks like Eli is hurrying every thing due to the pass blocking breaking down bad.
        Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ManningToJPP View Post
          Something is wrong. And quite frankly I've seen enough form Eli the past 7 years to know for certain our issue on offense is not solely on his shoulders. Something else is off. Blocking, receivers not getting open, the run game non-existent. Something....its not just Eli, believe me.
          Our oline is in flux.
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ibbill View Post
            Agree looks like Eli is hurrying every thing due to the pass blocking breaking down bad.
            On top of that, receivers can't get open, and he's turning the ball over..
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Are our receivers really not getting open? Or does it look like that because passes are being forced to well covered receivers?

              Comment


              • #8
                we only have one weapon on offense, Cruz, take him away and you have nothing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  we only have one weapon on offense, Cruz, take him away and you have nothing.
                  So one dimensional. That's on the coaches to implement a new game plan and for the players to execute that game plan.

                  Remember when KG said we would incorporate the no huddle?
                  I saw that in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. GREAT game planning KG..
                  Mood: WOOF!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Manning View Post
                    Are our receivers really not getting open? Or does it look like that because passes are being forced to well covered receivers?
                    They are jamming our receivers at the line. Cruz is doubled and Nicks is doubled. Once that happens, you can say goodbye to our THROW IT 70 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD scheme.
                    That is why we need to make adjustments.
                    Mood: WOOF!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Eli has been exposed.
                      he is immobile and has a slow release / decision making process.
                      pressure him and his receivers early...and he makes poor decisions
                      and errant throws.

                      ok start throwing stones....that's what mob mentality does
                      when faced with fear of the truth.
                      due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                      my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                        They are jamming our receivers at the line. Cruz is doubled and Nicks is doubled. Once that happens, you can say goodbye to our THROW IT 70 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD scheme.
                        That is why we need to make adjustments.
                        You really think its that simple? I'm pretty sure its deeper than something as simple as this. That is a simple adjustment that doesn't take 5 weeks to figure out. I'm looking directly at Gilbride on this one.
                        sigpic <-NYG Fan "REALIST"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by stormblue View Post
                          Eli has been exposed.
                          he is immobile and has a slow release / decision making process.
                          pressure him and his receivers early...and he makes poor decisions
                          and errant throws.

                          ok start throwing stones....that's what mob mentality does
                          when faced with fear of the truth.
                          This entire team has been exposed.
                          I'll give you an example.

                          At the beginning of the 4th quarter, Cruz literally dropped a sure touchdown. Just flt out dropped it. After the game he said "I took my eyes off the ball and lost focus". Why are you losing focus? Oh that's right, nobody is focused right now.

                          Eli is not playing well right now and cannot defend his turnovers, but he can't block and throw at the same time. It's not just Eli, it's the entire offense.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            the offense game plan and our tendency's has indeed been compromised. we need big changes or we are done this season.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X