Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Expose Corey Webster's Failing To Cover For Misled Teammates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Giants Expose Corey Webster's Failing To Cover For Misled Teammates

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201005

    Excerpt: "Corey Websterdidn't blow his assignment. But he didn’t help out his mates in the Giants secondary, either.

    That was the message that secondary coach Peter Guinta had on Monday, one day after the Giants’ 31-13 loss to the Bengals. Webster had been a key figure in the game’s opening touchdown, a 56-yard reception by Bengals star A.J. Green.

    Webster appeared to let Green run right past him at the Giants’ 40, as if he expected help. “Corey did what he was supposed to do,” Guinta said.

    Thing is, Guinta added, Webster should have abandoned his assignment and stayed with Green when he realized he didn’t have help. Another player, whom Guinta declined to name, was indeed supposed to pick up Green deep downfield, but most of the Giants’ secondary had been fooled by a play-action fake.

    Webster, the veteran in a Giants secondary that includes second-year man Prince Amukamara, rookie Jayron Hosley and journeyman safety Stevie Brown, should have covered for his mates. Webster initially called the play a “miscommunication.” Guinta agreed but still expected more from his top corner.

    “Corey’s thing is he should have kind of realized what was going on,” Guinta said, “and being the veteran guy, trying to protect the other guys, he should have been a little more patient .” Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    Well if you want to go by a Super Bowl winning coaches opinion Brown was the one that was supposed to be there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Buddy333 View Post
      Well if you want to go by a Super Bowl winning coaches opinion Brown was the one that was supposed to be there.
      Why would anyone here believe what any of the coaches say? We, of course, have far more credibility as fans
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't know if calling out the guy who knew his assignment is such a good thing. Yes, he could have seen that someone was blowing the coverage and hung with the guy going deep, but he thought his safety had that coverage and probably had someone heading towards his zone and did not take a peek to make sure the other guy was doing his job. I agree that he could have seen this and stayed with the guy that represented a greater threat, but if you are going to call someone out, you really should call-out the guy that blew his assignment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Brown was suppose to be there BUT...pre snap Brown is up towards the line in plain veiw of Webster.
          Dont how he didnt see this...........Brown may have messed up but Webster messed up too.
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Why would anyone here believe what any of the coaches say? We, of course, have far more credibility as fans
            There he goes again with the sarcasm...listen pal I know the giants in my way....love em in my way....raisin my kids to love em my way....you have to stop with ur constant negetive opinions of others opinions....oh and brown sbould have been there....Webster saw it and gave up too....either way cmon giants.......alwYs givin up the big play

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by harrycarson View Post
              There he goes again with the sarcasm...listen pal I know the giants in my way....love em in my way....raisin my kids to love em my way....you have to stop with ur constant negetive opinions of others opinions....oh and brown sbould have been there....Webster saw it and gave up too....either way cmon giants.......alwYs givin up the big play
              dont even think Ro was quoting you was he????

              Brown was up near the line in Websters veiw. Ok....wrong from the pre snap. Webster should have been covering in man at that point....
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

              Comment


              • #8
                You know what was even more pathetic then letting AJ Green blow right by you deep after you realize no one was there to cover him? CWebs half *** jog to catch up to him. CWeb has been a fav of mine for a few years, but it seems like he really doesnt give a crap anymore. Ok, the safety should of been there, but he wasn't! So you just would rather let AJ score a long Td then try to cover him yourself? Give me a break. Then after the ball was thrown, CWeb half *** jogs to try to "get" Green like saying "Im no going to hustle to fix someone elses problem." Thats how I saw it anyway.

                Right after that opening drive, I knew it was over.

                I think some players on our team are content with 2 SB rings. It may be time to reload.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  You know what was even more pathetic then letting AJ Green blow right by you deep after you realize no one was there to cover him? CWebs half *** jog to catch up to him. CWeb has been a fav of mine for a few years, but it seems like he really doesnt give a crap anymore. Ok, the safety should of been there, but he wasn't! So you just would rather let AJ score a long Td then try to cover him yourself? Give me a break. Then after the ball was thrown, CWeb half *** jogs to try to "get" Green like saying "Im no going to hustle to fix someone elses problem." Thats how I saw it anyway.

                  Right after that opening drive, I knew it was over.

                  I think some players on our team are content with 2 SB rings. It may be time to reload.
                  you are right....he compounded a mistake by being a lazy ***.........
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    in all truth

                    it does not matter who blew a coverage and who should have covered the guys tail who blew the coverage

                    it was blatantly evident from the opening whistle that this team came out sleep walking and that the Bengals were ready for a rumble

                    if Locklear was in for Diehl
                    if Cruz caught that pass
                    if Brown didn't bite on play action
                    if Eli took a couple sacks
                    if Bradshaw holds on to the ball
                    if they miraculously learned to tackle properly

                    the Giants were still losing sunday afternoon

                    because with no heart comes no wins

                    and the NY Giants came out flat as Stanley

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      in all truth it does not matter who blew a coverage and who should have covered the guys tail who blew the coverage it was blatantly evident from the opening whistle that this team came out sleep walking and that the Bengals were ready for a rumble if Locklear was in for Diehl if Cruz caught that pass if Brown didn't bite on play action if Eli took a couple sacks if Bradshaw holds on to the ball if they miraculously learned to tackle properly the Giants were still losing sunday afternoon because with no heart comes no wins and the NY Giants came out flat as Stanley
                      It was colossal
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's like this team doesn't realize that they're the champs and every team is gonna give us their biggest punch. I can't point a lot of fingers either, it was a total team loss. I stopped watching that game in the 3rd quarter, then I looked briefly and saw them force a fumble on Eli and my football watching for the day was over after that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [QUOTE=harrycarson;579680]There he goes again with the sarcasm...listen pal I know the giants in my way....love em in my way....raisin my kids to love em my way....you have to stop with ur constant negetive opinions of others opinions....oh and brown sbould have been there....Webster saw it and gave up too....either way cmon giants.......alwYs givin up the big play[/QUOTEYou won't get a response either, good luck.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by harrycarson View Post
                            There he goes again with the sarcasm...listen pal I know the giants in my way....love em in my way....raisin my kids to love em my way....you have to stop with ur constant negetive opinions of others opinions....oh and brown sbould have been there....Webster saw it and gave up too....either way cmon giants.......alwYs givin up the big play
                            That was a response to another member having nothing to do with you or anyone else. That member and I have a running discourse than spans several threads. BTW, that wasn't sarcasm. It was a comment about the number of experts we enjoy here.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              Why would anyone here believe what any of the coaches say? We, of course, have far more credibility as fans
                              We sure do. lol. I say use discretion. If people are involved in a process, you better believe that there will be mistakes. No one is perfect. That include expert coaches.
                              Lets go, Giants!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X