David Diehl will be just fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Diehl will be just fine

...In the last two games, the Giants have allowed six sacks to the Steelers and Bengals, with a season-high four coming in the 31-13 loss to Cincinnati. Flaherty said the team will analyze all of the positions on the offensive line in a way to try to get better, not just solely looking at Diehl and his play. He believes the more games Diehl gets at right tackle will only help.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...l-be-just-fine

Double D is awful. He has been for years now. It is time for him to go.

Comment

Well there you have it folks.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

"When you miss that many games, and it's the first time on the right side for a while, it takes some time and unfortunately our time is pressed each and every week," Flaherty said. "That's one of the things about the technique, he had all of preseason and then he missed a month of it, something around there, and that has set him back a little bit with his technique. David will fight through it. He'll get it. I don't question that. He always has."

To sum up the quote, even though Diehl has played football for around two decades he needs to relearn his technique because he missed a month. Makes sense....

"David will fight through it. He'll get it. I don't question that. He always has."

Exactly, the attitude that I don't get. Veterans of the Giants that are downright awful get a pass. It hurts the team.

Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

"When you miss that many games, and it's the first time on the right side for a while, it takes some time and unfortunately our time is pressed each and every week," Flaherty said. "That's one of the things about the technique, he had all of preseason and then he missed a month of it, something around there, and that has set him back a little bit with his technique. David will fight through it. He'll get it. I don't question that. He always has."

This is all fine and dandy if it was week 5 or something, but there is only 6 games left in our season and we don't have the luxury of time for "David to fight through it". I'm really hoping this coaching staff has enough common sense to understand this.

On the bright side, at least we know they know there's a problem with DD.

Comment

"He's been a good football player for how many years? It's not all of a sudden overnight that he's become a bad football player," Flaherty said. "He needs to get better at certain things, as well as our left tackle, our left guard, our center and our right guard." Pat Flaherty.

Folks he is going to play in two weeks. The guy has been bad for two years. We just have to wait and see.
            Lets go, Giants!

Comment

he will get abused by clay matthews at green bay

Comment

I fear for Eli's life.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                  he will get abused by clay matthews at green bay
                  thats for sure
                  sigpic
                  FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

The only reason that DD's pressure dropped off is because he had Bradshaw and Bennett holding his hand for most of the game, leaving more free rushers from everywhere else...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post

This is all fine and dandy if it was week 5 or something, but there is only 6 games left in our season and we don't have the luxury of time for "David to fight through it". I'm really hoping this coaching staff has enough common sense to understand this.

On the bright side, at least we know they know there's a problem with DD.
                      On the dark side, they are not doing anything about this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud57 View Post
                        ...In the last two games, the Giants have allowed six sacks to the Steelers and Bengals, with a season-high four coming in the 31-13 loss to Cincinnati. Flaherty said the team will analyze all of the positions on the offensive line in a way to try to get better, not just solely looking at Diehl and his play. He believes the more games Diehl gets at right tackle will only help.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...l-be-just-fine
                        I came on to post this same link. Yep, I'm just shaking my head.

Comment

LOL....SMH.

This coaching staff must really want to hurt Eli, Cause starting Diehl...that is what is going to happen. I don't get them they will play a RT that can't block but they won't play an explosive RB that who can take it to the house anytime, that can't block.
                          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                            LOL....SMH.

This coaching staff must really want to hurt Eli, Cause starting Diehl...that is what is going to happen. I don't get them they will play a RT that can't block but they won't play an explosive RB that who can take it to the house anytime, that can't block.
                            they're gonna give him a concussion

Comment

This article is very disappointing. it shows a coaching staff that is a bit too patient if you ask me. Why can't locklear come in more? I know its been stated by the media of him saying it had nothing to do with him, but come on. If anything needs to gel on the offense it starts with the o-line. They had something going and the coaches disrupted that by taking him out. Diehl was doing just fine as the jumbo. If anything, Diehl should have practiced more in the newer position before being started...Part of being a good coach is taking blame for your mistakes too

Comment

Working...
                              X