Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Hosting RB Kahlil Bell For A Workout

http://www.giants101.com/2012/11/13/...for-a-workout/

Excerpt: "It's workout Tuesday across the NFL, and although most workouts are private, Conor Orr of The Star-Ledger has word that the New York Giants will workout a number of players today, including former Chicago Bears running back Kahlil Bell.

Bell went undrafted out of UCLA in 2009, but was signed to the Minnesota Vikings practice squad where he spent three months. Shortly after being released, he was signed as a free agent by the Chicago Bears to their practice squad and eventually activated to their 53-man roster. In 22 career games with the Bears, Bell rushed for 589 yards on 131 carries (4.5 ypc). He also hauled in 21 receptions for 148 yards and a touchdown." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This thread is going to get interesting

Comment

uhh... do the Giants really have zero faith in Wilson that we're going to work out a UDFA that got cut by the Bears and Vikings?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Sounds like due diligence in case Bradshaw's tests aren't favorable
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

How's his pass blocking?

That is the #1 criteria the coaches are concerned with in determining if a RUNNING back is useful

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            uhh... do the Giants really have zero faith in Wilson that we're going to work out a UDFA that got cut by the Bears and Vikings?
            Not necessarily. I think they are just looking at players as they do all season long . BUT, Bradshaw is having tests conducted and they may think it best to see what insurance players are available.

Comment

doesnt sound good for bradshaw.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN2K9 View Post
                How's his pass blocking?

That is the #1 criteria the coaches are concerned with in determining if a RUNNING back is useful
                I would think Brown and even Wilson would have a better understanding of the blocking assignments.

Comment

Based on his stat sheet, I'd say he was, at best, being considered for the # 3 RB if Bradshaw's tests suggest he go to IR

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...88/kahlil-bell

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    uhh....yep

Comment

Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
                      uhh....yep
                      I don't agree. Wilson should be way ahead in terms of the Playbook. Brown becomes the # 1, Wilson #2 ,and whoever # 3 until performance alters that rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        Sounds like due diligence in case Bradshaw's tests aren't favorable
                        The most likely scenario... im sure they dont have news either way about bradshaw yet.... although when you get a "battery" of tests its usually not good.

Comment

Originally posted by jakegibbs View Post
                          uhh....yep
                          Even if the Giants have ALL the faith in the world in Wilson, you still need to replace Bradshaws roster spot. Its not like you can just say " oh well Ab is out for a while(assuming that is the case), lets just go with 2 Rbs."
                          sigpic

Comment

How about activating Martinek from the PS?

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                              The most likely scenario... im sure they dont have news either way about bradshaw yet.... although when you get a "battery" of tests its usually not good.
                              When I read that it did seem an odd phrase. I wondered if TC were sending a message. Couple that with Brown starting on Sunday and maybe there really is change in the wind.

Comment

Working...
                              X