This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
    I loved Phil and always thought he was an underrated QB, but he is talking nonsense. Eli might be the most wildly inconsistent elite QB in football history, but the kid has way more often come through in the clutch than not. Not to mention the magnitude of the games that he has done it in. Can't say I would take Eli over someone like Rodgers or Drew because the roller coaster seasons cut my life expectancy, but I have developed a feeling like Eli can get us out of any reasonable hole, no matter what the game situation is.
    I thought Eli was "elite" early this year, but after the way he's been playing lately how can you call him that. He's way too erratic.

Comment

• if Warner and Simms feel the same, who are we to judge. some of you work in a cubicle at enterprise car rental or subway for heaven sakes. These guys know what it isall about the position in and out and know what a HOF elite player is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Joe Namath was great. Maybe the purest passer of all time.
        Stats are not the sole standard in the NFL. If they were Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testeverde would be shoe ins for the Hall.
        yeah I know the "legend" of Joe Nameth. But his stats suck......more losses than wins etc...
        but he is a legend and thats the only reason he is in....
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
          This thread will have 10 pages minimum close of business today.
          The over/under is 24 pages by Noon on Wednesday

You want in?

For the record, I agree with Simms. Elite QB's have an occasional bad game. Eli likes to string a bunch of them together pretty much every year. Too inconsistent to be considered elite IMO.
          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
            some of you work in a cubicle at enterprise car rental or subway for heaven sakes
            Yeah but I'm an elite sandwich artist. When the pressure is on, I get that bread toasted to the perfect temperature and when someone asks me for extra onions, I put them puppies in the right spot between the lettuce and week old meats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              His jersey was retired dude. What does that tell you?
              Tells me he was the QB of some VERY talented teams! Having Joe Morris running for 100+ a game, a HOF worthy tight end, and a stifling defense helps any QB!
              Last edited by DVision; 11-13-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Simms is right. I called it earlier in the season. Eli is not an elite QB. I really can't get over how badly he's played for the last 4 games. Top QB's don't slump like this. His two SB MVP's show that he's no chump but this team with a Brady, Brees, P Manning or Rodgers behind centre wouldn't be as wildly inconsistent.
                Last edited by NYGabriel; 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM.
                sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                  Yeah but I'm an elite sandwich artist. When the pressure is on, I get that bread toasted to the perfect temperature and when someone asks me for extra onions, I put them puppies in the right spot between the lettuce and week old meats.
                  lol an honest buck. but still why are so many questioning these guys. if they are saying it their must be a reason, and its not jealousy they arent in their 20,s

Comment

• Who cares if Simms is right..really. The guy is our quarterback now and he does his best to win games. That is all you can ask for. Why does he have to put up 40 td and 3 int.s a season to get some respect?? Not only did Simms say he wasn't elite and that's fine but he also said he is average. Average quarterbacks don't make all the high pressure comebacks and wins two SB. Eli wins games and plays his best once he gets to the playoffs I'll take that over most quarterbacks. Eli is a 20-30 td...10-15 int. quarterback that throws for a ton of yards and plays well in the playoffs. We can do much worse.
                    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 11-13-2012, 05:36 PM.
                    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• Originally posted by dillyyo1972 View Post
                      Tom is not like Bill in that he doesn't call people out in public, but I think he is just as tough as Bill was. I've seen him chastise Eli almost as much as anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post
                        The over/under is 24 pages by Noon on Wednesday

You want in?

For the record, I agree with Simms. Elite QB's have an occasional bad game. Eli likes to string a bunch of them together pretty much every year. Too inconsistent to be considered elite IMO.
                        The simple truth, whether we're talking about Eli or anyone else, is that the jury is out until the whole body of work can be examined and compared to whoever else played in relatively the same time span.

We needed two weeks of filler and this was a great start.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Haven't read the thread, too long.

But here is a bold prediction:

Eli will toss three touchdowns in our next game and will take over Simms' record.

/ELIte

Comment

• Originally posted by TopleyBird View Post
                            Haven't read the thread, too long.

But here is a bold prediction:

Eli will toss three touchdowns in our next game and will take over Simms' record.

/ELIte
                            If that makes him elite, then by inference, Simms must be elite as he's already there.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• When people are constantly having to defend a player for lack of elite production....is he really elite? Rodgers, Brady, Brees, (Peyton) Manning don't need their fanatics to dance around their stats and pick and choose certain things that make them considered to be elite. With those guys it's a lot more clear cut than it is with Eli. It's business as usual to see a 100+ efficiency rating at the end of the season from them. For Eli it would be more of a shocker because he's never done it before. He makes too many mistakes in regards to turnovers and accuracy compared to them. His play during our Super Bowl runs is pretty much how these guys play every week for the most part.

He has the capability, but lacks consistency.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

• sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X