This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    That was Wade Phillips. We never faced Parcells in the playoffs.

And Tom coddles Eli. He knows Eli is a tad "delicate".
    No but we faced Bellichek who is far and away a better coach than Bill Parcells.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Our defense held the highest scoring offense in NFL history to 14 points in SB 42. They knocked Brady on his *** 19 times. That SB had one of the greatest defensive performances in SB history. No offensive player carried that team.
      Hmmmm. Eli Manning leading NY Giants on the longest opening drive in SuperBowl history (9:59) set the tempo for that game. It was the first time all year that NE Patriots did not score in 1st quarter and that drive had so much to do with it.

Comment

• So now we're going to crap all over one of the most Respected QB's in Giants History because he voiced his opinion on our currently bi-polar Quarterback? Phil Simms is a lifelong Giant.
        They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          if Warner and Simms feel the same, who are we to judge. some of you work in a cubicle at enterprise car rental or subway for heaven sakes. These guys know what it isall about the position in and out and know what a HOF elite player is.
          Neithe rone of those guys are in Hall of Fame and maybe they are a little bit jealous because Eli Manning will be in on the first ballot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
            Neithe rone of those guys are in Hall of Fame and maybe they are a little bit jealous because Eli Manning will be in on the first ballot.
            You're crazy and delusional if you think Eli is a First Ballot HOFer
            They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
              You're crazy and delusional if you think Eli is a First Ballot HOFer
              You’re crazy and delusional if you think that he isn’t. His two legendary playoff runs that culminated with SuperBowl victories alone are enough to earn him his place in Canton as a first time ballot.

Comment

You’re crazy and delusional if you think that he isn’t. His two legendary playoff runs that culminated with SuperBowl victories alone are enough to earn him his place in Canton as a first time ballot.
                The only Quarterbacks to get into the HOF on the first Ballot are Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway,Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Joe Montana, Warren Moon, Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Johnny Unitas and Steve Young. I'm sorry, but two super bowl rings doesn't automatically qualify you for a first ballot HOF. He needs more credibility.

Outside of the 4th Quarter, Eli has never been a "Dominate" QB. He's been great for our team, but he doesn't control games like his brother does. He's the best at 2 minute drills, but a first ballot guy has to be 60 minutes of non-stop elite. Not this bi-polar crap he goes through every November and Early December.

Comment

• I can't wait til Eli retires so you guys can stop having this same old tired discussion over and over again.

Comment

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true
                    The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• ohhhh, people, people.

i'm not usually the 'i told you so type', but i'll be (unfortunately) waiting for the day Eli retires and we get so see what his replacement is capable, or more accurately, not capable of.

We seriously won't know what we had until its gone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Drew Bledsoe also has one if you want to look at it that way. Heck, David Carr has one too.
                        Simms earned his rings. He was injured late in the season
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• I agree with an earlier poster... Why would Simms even go there? But I do agree Eli is not elite. Maybe if he had more seasons like last year, but lets face it an elite QB can carry a team when everyone else is playing poorly, and we haven't seen that in the last three or four weeks for sure. Eli is a very good QB, but he works within a system.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            Simms earned his rings. He was injured late in the season

that's it

Comment

• Eli is not consistently "Elite". He has elite periods but also has periods of mind boggleing ineptitude.
                              I believe when his career is done this conversation will still rage but it will rage with him in Canton either way...
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by yo-ho View Post
                                I agree with an earlier poster... Why would Simms even go there? But I do agree Eli is not elite. Maybe if he had more seasons like last year, but lets face it an elite QB can carry a team when everyone else is playing poorly, and we haven't seen that in the last three or four weeks for sure. Eli is a very good QB, but he works within a system.
                                Eli has a lot of games to play. When he's retired we'll know.
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X