This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eml View Post
    If Eli had Simm's defensive team he would have the ball back enough to far exceed any offense that Simms ran.
    Actually, I feel that if Simms played in today's NFL and had his receivers being able to run free, he would be pretty effective. Phil Simms had a receiving corps that was pretty average.The game today is way easier for a quarterback. I understand with you and agree with you to an extent, but it goes both ways.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
      Actually, I feel that if Simms played in today's NFL and had his receivers being able to run free, he would be pretty effective. Phil Simms had a receiving corps that was pretty average.The game today is way easier for a quarterback. I understand with you and agree with you to an extent, but it goes both ways.
      All of Simm's receivers are by what today's standards would be possession receivers. They caught the ball but usually didn't do a whole lot with it afterwards. They were not YAC guys for sure. I agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
        I see some trying to paint Simms as though he would go to the sidelines and chew on some glass... to me Simms was a great Giants QB... to others he's their hero and they shine a light on him brighter than the light they chastise Eli worshiper's for.

Reese called him skittish around this time of year in 2007..and it was in reference to his play at that particular time. As everyone knows he wasnt playing this best football..and thats what he was commenting on...he wasnt branding him and he refused to talk about it further because he saw how the media put such a magnified negative spin on what he said. You cant really blame the media for it though, but he sure as hell hasnt called him skittish since... its funny how thats some sort of "ace up the sleeve" to pull out as though it means something.

Please share Simms' comments - not being sarcastic, truly interested.
        During the 2007 season, Eli Manning had a shoulder injury and they wanted him to sit 3-4 games to rest it and he refused.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
          Me neither. I've never seen fear in Eli's eyes. Frustration is the one I see the most when he's hit hard and doesn't complete the pass. Once in a while anger at a receiver going to the wrong spot. It's at times like that, when Eli gets frustrated, and/or angry, that he looks like a whiney brat... which I know makes some people dislike him. It's just the way his face will always look. But, he's quite the opposite of whiney, or afraid. Just a level headed, gooney looking guy who enjoys the competition. Accorsi knew exactly what Eli's temperment was like... easy Eli.
          EA stated that there were 2 things that seperated Eli Manning from the rest of the QBs in the draft and that is the size of his left testicle and the size of his right testicle. EA knew Eli Manning is fearless on the football field and EA sticking to his guns and making the deal for Eli Manning is still paying dividends.
          Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 11-16-2012, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            What color is the sky in your world?
            The sky is Carolina Blue. That is how we know that God is a TarHeel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
              All of Simm's receivers are by what today's standards would be possession receivers. They caught the ball but usually didn't do a whole lot with it afterwards. They were not YAC guys for sure. I agree with you.
              However his TE was. Mark Bavarro was a big YAC guy. If Eli were on that team as QB instead of Phil, Mark Bavarro might have had Gronkowski type of numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
                During the 2007 season, Eli Manning had a shoulder injury and they wanted him to sit 3-4 games to rest it and he refused.
                Who is "they".
                The only thing that happened there is that the injury was misreported by Mortenson.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Who is "they".
                  The only thing that happened there is that the injury was misreported by Mortenson.
                  The injury wasnt misreported... the time away he would need was.

Comment

• Eli is an Elite pocket passer but all qbs need talent around them so Simms is wrong to me.

Comment

The injury wasnt misreported... the time away he would need was.
                      I disagree. They reported that he couldn't throw the ball with that injury. It wasn't a serious injury at all. I', not taking anything away from Eli because I'm sure it was something he had to deal with. But if he could throw the ball (which he could) I expect our QB to play.
                      Do you disagree?

Comment

I disagree. They reported that he couldn't throw the ball with that injury. It wasn't a serious injury at all. I', not taking anything away from Eli because I'm sure it was something he had to deal with. But if he could throw the ball (which he could) I expect our QB to play.
                        Do you disagree?
                        oh definitely I would expect the same... Its not like he broke his pinky.

I dont remember the report of him not being able to throw, just that Mortensen said he could be out 4 even 6 weeks before actually even knowing the extent of the injury. I think he was reporting this the next day.

Comment

oh definitely I would expect the same... Its not like he broke his pinky.

I dont remember the report of him not being able to throw, just that Mortensen said he could be out 4 even 6 weeks before actually even knowing the extent of the injury. I think he was reporting this the next day.
                          Again...it was bad reporting. Forgetting Mortenson, the injury wasn't serious if he could throw the ball normally which he could. No it wasn't a pinky, but it also wasn't a Jack Youngblood broken leg either.

Comment

Again...it was bad reporting. Forgetting Mortenson, the injury wasn't serious if he could throw the ball normally which he could. No it wasn't a pinky, but it also wasn't a Jack Youngblood broken leg either.
                            BTW...a broken pinky on his passing hand would have probably kept him out.

Comment

• So is it official?

Simms will hopefully no longer be announcing Giant games? If he does I dont' want to hear him say a single good thing about Eli.

OMFG you know what my reply just reminded me about... I had a dream last night. And I think it was Lincoln from Prison Break I somehow met...but the guy kept telling me he was Kerry Collins. He wouldn't give it up. I was like are you a drunk? Wheres the 5 o clock shadow? Are you really Kerry Collins, gtfo. THERES NO WAY YOU'RE KERRY COLLINS! And he was just like...yes man, yes I'm Kerry Collins whats the big deal? It was the strangest thing ever. hahaha
                              Last edited by CowboysSuck; 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• People shouldn't hate on Sims cause what he said about Eli. Simms was a former retired qb and Eli is the current qb. He hasn't retired and what if he went to another team and said somthing you didn't like about Simms?

Comment

Working...
                                X