This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
    Not if I can help it. I was just about to introduce the Ron Erhardt / Kevin Gilbride angle!
    Y.A. vs Chucking Charley!
    Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• And what about the all time horrible Sam Huff trade to Washington!
      Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• Eli is elite! I also think Simms was a great quarterback. The reason he will not give Eli the credit he deserves is because anyone who was around to watch Phil knows that he did what he wanted to do and cried alot when Parcells kept him in check. I remember those years so well. The year Simms got hurt halfway through the season and Hostetler took them all the way, Simms didn't want the ring. He didn't feel that he earned it ??? I wonder if he treated others like they were beneath him by the way he is ??? Probably also upset that Chris didn't work out the way Eli did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
          this is elite

Thanks for posting that. Brings back great memories.
          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            one game....a historical game at that. I love Simms But Elite he is not......
            Hence the words "this is elite."

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post
              this is the biggest stage. its not 1 td in the fourth qtr its not a duck and chuck heave throw. if you notice his passes hit the numbers not jump balls. that is a real QB. sorry eli is good but this is legend status
              This is the thing we've been trying to tell the young guys. Phil was a great passer. If Phil had time his passes were money.

Eli will never be a truly great passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by sharick88 View Post
                Phil wasn't elite IMO, but that was the best single game I have seen any giants QB play.
                No doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  In today's world they have to label everything Rosie. No one had these kinds of conversations 20 years ago. Who's elite.....Who;s not. Its all vacuous nonsense.
                  Gone are the days we could just watch players and enjoy. We now have to justify our views with labels.
                  All because of Michael Kay and Eli!

Comment

• Phil wasn't elite IMO, but that was the best single game I have seen any giants QB play.
                    Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                    No doubt.
                    It could be argued any QB for that matter.
                    Last edited by Rusty192; 11-16-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      He did win football games.
                      Most people don't remember that it was Kilmer's fumbles (as a receiver) that Jim Marshall ran the wrong way with.
                      I never knew that was Kilmer's fumble. Good trivia question.

If you're into that sort of thing like my uncle was.

Comment

• Simms is probably the best Football analyst since Madden.......Parcells is very good too

Comment

• Sims is right. This year Eli looks like the Eli before 2011 season. Even if he turns it on. He still had his erratic slump that he has every season save last year.
                          Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            This is the thing we've been trying to tell the young guys. Phil was a great passer. If Phil had time his passes were money.

Eli will never be a truly great passer.
                            one thing eli is better at is reading the D and setting up his protection.

Comment

• The quest for 70 pages is underway....
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• well , Simms had to watch and call that Bengals game on national tv.
                                i didn't see anything even closely related to "game manager" let alone elite.

and even though i think Simms ( who isn't elite either) should STFU about ELI ......he is still right.
                                i just wish he would steer clear of the subject.
                                due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                                my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

Working...
                                X